Liberals to Stamp Out 'Take Out'????

They ask their citizens to do it or they don't bother.

Actually, most of this started by INCENTIVIZING recycling.. Folks don't really they are still being screwed -- but those DEPOSIT taxes on bottles still exist.. Even tho -- you're giving them back for free at the curb..

At 5 or 10 cents a bottle/can, that's a gold mine sitting on the curb, and in most places, YOU PAY to have recycling picked up separately.. Twice screwed very nicely -- thank -you ...

Just shows how ripe Americans are for being defrauded when it comes to "ecology"..

And of course there's no cost to a completely disposable society.

My ability to hunt down and gather dinner home in a container is not negotiable. The folks that are raking in cash on disposable bottles and cans are your state/city govts.. TONS of money in making folks feel guilty for their "disposable society".. And you're a good mouthpiece for the shaming..

Please list for us the conservative politicians who have tried to kill ethanol subsidies.

Iowa is always the most fun, since we get to watch all of the conservative candidates trying to outdo each other in singing the praises of ethanol subsidies.

Conservative vs Liberal?

No....it's discerning individual vs dunce.

I can see why you'd rather ignore the post which is sourced from the Liberal Boston Globe.

I wonder if you'd clarify your use of "us" as in "list for us..."

By whom were you tasked to post your attempt at obfuscation?

Or....is it simply your fear of standing alone?

See if this helps:

Dare to be a Daniel, Dare to stand alone
Dare to have a purpose firm, Dare to make it known!
From From the hymn “Hold the Fort!” First Congregational Church of Chicago, Illinois.

Might change your life.

Last edited:
And how are cities separating out the recyclable stuff from the regular garbage now?

They ask their citizens to do it or they don't bother.

And the problem with that is. . . . .?

My household does a damn good job of separating out our recyclables and it appears that so do most of our neighbors. I enjoy doing that because I was raised on a principle of waste not, want not. And because right now most cities don't have any way to recycle styrofoam, it seems like such a waste to pitch it in with the regular garbage. If the city would take styrofoam as a recyclable, we would dutifully and gladly separate it out, most especially when we have such large quantities of it in packing peanuts or the big blocks of the stuff that packs electronics, etc.

Let's think outside the box here. Give folks more opportunity and encouragement to do the right thing rather than restrict their choices, options, and opportunities that accomplishes little more than feed the ego of environmental wackos.

Last edited:
I recommend the people of NY deliver their trash directly to the Mayor's address.

Let him process the compost.

I recommend they deliver it directly to you. That would make more sense. The mayor is attempting to reduce the amount of trash everyone in the city has to deal with. Why do you want to punish him for that?

My household does a damn good job of separating out our recyclables and it appears that so do most of our neighbors. I enjoy doing that because I was raised on a principle of waste not, want not. And because right now most cities don't have any way to recycle styrofoam, it seems like such a waste to pitch it in with the regular garbage. If the city would take styrofoam as a recyclable, we would dutifully and gladly separate it out, most especially when we have such large quantities of it in packing peanuts or the big blocks of the stuff that packs electronics, etc.

Let's think outside the box here. Give folks more opportunity and encouragement to do the right thing rather than restrict their choices, options, and opportunities that accomplishes little more than feed the ego of environmental wackos.

Reducing and eliminating the use of styrofoam and polystryene is the right thing to do. It is as much a restriction of choice, options and opportunities as regulating the release of dioxin into the environment or the spraying of DDT on our crops or ozone into the atmosphere. Did you oppose those regulations as well?

Can I Recycle Styrofoam??

http://www.ehow.com/list_6156163_effects-styrofoam-landfills.html

Earth Resource Foundation

Why Styrofoam? | Nine Lives Products

Pollution & Recycling Facts | LIVESTRONG.COM

Say 'no' to styrofoam | Features | SierraStar.com

The Hard Facts of Styrofoam Pollution (cups)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_debris

Last edited:
Love that Northern California town I visited about a year back and watched a friend carefully separate glass, cardboard, plastic and general rubbish into colour-coded bins. But even more enjoyed watching the trash truck crew dump them all into the same hopper.

But my friend felt she was doing her part to save the friggin' planet. Not her worry that "government" was giving her work the finger with every trash pickup.

Love that Northern California town I visited about a year back and watched a friend carefully separate glass, cardboard, plastic and general rubbish into colour-coded bins. But even more enjoyed watching the trash truck crew dump them all into the same hopper.

But my friend felt she was doing her part to save the friggin' planet. Not her worry that "government" was giving her work the finger with every trash pickup.

Well here they aren't that dishonest. We are given a list of what can and cannot be put in the recycle bin, but they do not ask us to separate metal, plastic, glass, etc. The separation is done at the recycling center. A different truck from the garbage truck always picks up the recyclables. In fact my Senior Saints group will be scheduling a field trip sometime next year to see the recycling plant in operation and observe what they do with all the stuff we dutifully include in the recycle stuff.

Well here they aren't that dishonest. We are given a list of what can and cannot be put in the recycle bin, but they do not ask us to separate metal, plastic, glass, etc. The separation is done at the recycling center. A different truck from the garbage truck always picks up the recyclables. In fact my Senior Saints group will be scheduling a field trip sometime next year to see the recycling plant in operation and observe what they do with all the stuff we dutifully include in the recycle stuff.

I like that! Not only does it save the homeowner (or renter or inmate) a lot of unnecessary work, it provides jobs for liberal HS grads (the indoctrinated) that's within the scope of their ability! But are those full time jobs or with limited hours to prevent Obamacare mandated costs?

I suggest you read the first of the eight pertinent links I provided.

While it is technically possible to recycle Styrofoam, it is a difficult process that is not commonly offered in community recycling programs or curbside pickups.

Food service packages, such as foam cups, are not usually recyclable and are technically not made from Styrofoam.

Even though it may be more difficult to recycle Styrofoam, it is very important to do so. Styrofoam is not biodegradable and can remain as a pollutant on our planet for 1,000 years. Because it is so light, Styrofoam easily travels around the world and remains floating on top of the water in the ocean. When it does begin to break down, it releases chemicals into the soil and groundwater - - this is why it i so important to properly recycle Styrofoam.

The BAN on that plastic crap ought to be worldwide, not just new york city.

Here's a hobby for ya,' tecy.....

How about listing all of the things that Liberals want to ban.

That should keep you busy until they get ObamaCare fixed........

I recommend the people of NY deliver their trash directly to the Mayor's address.

Well....I don't come down too hard on our mayor....after all, most of his policies have been the same conservative ones as Mayor Giuliani.

And....the mayor-elect is just to the Left of Fidel Castro.....

Except Bloomberg is among other things, an anti-gun loon

-Geaux

Perhaps that is why he wants to ban them. Ever think about that? New York has a huge garbage problem. Such waste adds an unnecessary burden on its ability to manage its bulk waste because it has little landfill space to deal with it.

Perhaps that is why he wants to ban them. Ever think about that? New York has a huge garbage problem. Such waste adds an unnecessary burden on its ability to manage its bulk waste because it has little landfill space to deal with it.

No doubt. Most large cities find dealing with bulk waste a challenge. But the point being made here is that the amount of styrofoam used by New York's restaurants, compared to the overall use of styrofoam, is a tiny percentage of that bulk at best, AND, if they invested in a compactor instead of putting silly restrictions on people's choices and options, that bulk could be made almost negligible. AND, then if the effort was made to develop efficient and economical processes to recycle styrofoam, it could be a win win for everybody.

More government control is not always the best solutions for many, maybe most, problems. We need a lot less of that and a lot more thinking outside the box.

Last edited:

Well....I don't come down too hard on our mayor....after all, most of his policies have been the same conservative ones as Mayor Giuliani.

-Geaux

Gotta cut this guy some slack!
Talks liberal, acts conservative....on many issues (crime and welfare).

Check this out:

1. Mayor Michael Bloomberg had any number of plausible excuses to back off from his predecessor’s contentious reforms. Giuliani had benefited from the strong economy of the late 1990s. But by January 2002, when Bloomberg arrived in office, the city was reeling from the post–9/11 downturn, with the unemployment rate rising to 7.5 percent, from 5.7 a year earlier. As welfare mothers hit the five-year time limit mandated by the 1996 federal law, warnings about the coming destitution echoed through editorial pages and reports from advocacy groups.

2. .... Bloomberg vowed, “We will not allow our city to recede to the culture of dependency,” and he followed through on the promise. In 2003, the city council passed a bill that would have let GED and English-language classes count toward welfare recipients’ work requirements. Bloomberg vetoed it, reminding council members about research showing jobs to be far more effective than classes at reducing dependency. The council also pushed the mayor to apply for a federal waiver providing single, able-bodied adults with long-term access to food stamps—with no work requirement. Bloomberg refused.

3. The administration has squeezed another 20 percent decline from the rolls. Today, there are about 360,000 New Yorkers on cash assistance, down 69 percent from the high of the mid-nineties. Remarkably, the number held steady during the Great Recession and remains stable, even as the New York State unemployment rate has lingered above 8 percent.
CJ Mobile: Saving Welfare Reform

No doubt. Most large cities find dealing with bulk waste a challenge. But the point being made here is that the amount of styrofoam used by New York's restaurants, compared to the overall use of styrofoam, is a tiny percentage of that bulk at best, AND, if they invested in a compactor instead of putting silly restrictions on people's choices and options, that bulk could be made almost negligible. AND, then if the effort was made to develop efficient and economical processes to recycle styrofoam, it could be a win win for everybody.

More government control is not always the best solutions for many, maybe most, problems. We need a lot less of that and a lot more thinking outside the box.

Styrofoam has other problems associated with it other than the fact that it wastes valuable landfill space. They take essentially forever to breakdown, release toxic chemicals like styrene when heated (as in when you drink a cup of hot coffee or eat chicken soup where the cup/bowl is made of polystyrene), chemicals that you then ingest. If you want food manufacturers and restaurants to experiment with your family's health, fine, but I don't have to allow them to allow them to experiment with mine, and you really shouldn't either.

Actually, most of this started by INCENTIVIZING recycling.. Folks don't really they are still being screwed -- but those DEPOSIT taxes on bottles still exist.. Even tho -- you're giving them back for free at the curb..

At 5 or 10 cents a bottle/can, that's a gold mine sitting on the curb, and in most places, YOU PAY to have recycling picked up separately.. Twice screwed very nicely -- thank -you ...

Just shows how ripe Americans are for being defrauded when it comes to "ecology"..

My ability to hunt down and gather dinner home in a container is not negotiable. The folks that are raking in cash on disposable bottles and cans are your state/city govts.. TONS of money in making folks feel guilty for their "disposable society".. And you're a good mouthpiece for the shaming..

Who the hell do you think is threatening your ability to bring home dinner in a container?

Who the hell do you think is threatening your ability to bring home dinner in a container?

His Highness Mayor BloomerBerger of course. He's already decided to season my meals for me and determine the size of my drink.. And of course Editec and millions of leftists that want to ban all container options..

Shifting to plastic not good enough for Editec and his Bloomership.. And does NOTHING to reduce the waste stream...

Last edited:

-Geaux

Check this out:

1. Mayor Michael Bloomberg had any number of plausible excuses to back off from his predecessor’s contentious reforms. Giuliani had benefited from the strong economy of the late 1990s. But by January 2002, when Bloomberg arrived in office, the city was reeling from the post–9/11 downturn, with the unemployment rate rising to 7.5 percent, from 5.7 a year earlier. As welfare mothers hit the five-year time limit mandated by the 1996 federal law, warnings about the coming destitution echoed through editorial pages and reports from advocacy groups.

2. .... Bloomberg vowed, “We will not allow our city to recede to the culture of dependency,” and he followed through on the promise. In 2003, the city council passed a bill that would have let GED and English-language classes count toward welfare recipients’ work requirements. Bloomberg vetoed it, reminding council members about research showing jobs to be far more effective than classes at reducing dependency. The council also pushed the mayor to apply for a federal waiver providing single, able-bodied adults with long-term access to food stamps—with no work requirement. Bloomberg refused.

3. The administration has squeezed another 20 percent decline from the rolls. Today, there are about 360,000 New Yorkers on cash assistance, down 69 percent from the high of the mid-nineties. Remarkably, the number held steady during the Great Recession and remains stable, even as the New York State unemployment rate has lingered above 8 percent.

You'll notice that I don't rag on Blloomberg specifically much. Just on government actions in general that unnecessarily reduce or take away our liberties, choices, options, and opportunities. And Bloomberg has been guilty of some of those as has our own quite conservative Republican mayor and other political figures that have much to commend them but also things to condemn them.

Alas, we have not elected saint nor total villain to anything in the history of this country. The best of the best have had their mistakes, miscues, sins, and foibles, and the worst of the worst have had their virtues.

But there simply has to be more pressing issues for NY City officials to worry about than whether I get a styrofoam 'doggie bag' to take my leftover steak home in.

-Geaux

Check this out:

You'll notice that I don't rag on Blloomberg specifically much. Just on government actions in general that unnecessarily reduce or take away our liberties, choices, options, and opportunities. And Bloomberg has been guilty of some of those as has our own quite conservative Republican mayor and other political figures that have much to commend them but also things to condemn them.

Alas, we have not elected saint nor total villain to anything in the history of this country. The best of the best have had their mistakes, miscues, sins, and foibles, and the worst of the worst have had their virtues.

But there simply has to be more pressing issues for NY City officials to worry about than whether I get a styrofoam 'doggie bag' to take my leftover steak home in.

When have any of us had the right to put a gun to our heads and pull the trigger?

Forum List

Back