Liberals bully Condi Rice into withdrawing from Rutgers Commencement

So what are you worried about? No harm no foul.

What are the Rutgers students worried about? What do they fear?
A dissenting opinion? The truth?

Sent from my ass using USMessageBoard.com

I seriously doubt she would have injected politics at all. It's the dip shits that are protesting doing that.
This is exactly right. If anything, she would have spoken about the NFL and successful businesses around the world. The horror...the HORROR!

None of that matters. The graduation ceremony is for the students. If the students don't want her as their commencement speaker, they should not be forced to have her. It is a turning point day in their lives, one of the most important. The commencement speaker should be a person they admire and want to hear from. The fact they protested against her being that speaker tells us she is not such a person. They have a right to have someone they admire and respect. It is their graduation. It doesn't matter what she speaks about; what matters is what she represents to them.

None of that matters. The graduation ceremony is for the students. If the students don't want her as their commencement speaker, they should not be forced to have her. It is a turning point day in their lives, one of the most important. The commencement speaker should be a person they admire and want to hear from. The fact they protested against her being that speaker tells us she is not such a person. They have a right to have someone they admire and respect. It is their graduation. It doesn't matter what she speaks about; what matters is what she represents to them.

Sounds like you know many of the students did not admire her.

Oh never mind.

You are simply racist. No other way to put it.

Now why dont you just make more stuff up while continuing to justify the double standarfs of your pathetic left wing logic.

The thing is, the ceremony is all about the school. It always has been, and always will be, why the fuck do you think all those professors get up on stage in their fancy regalia?

No. The graduation ceremony is for and about the students who are graduating; it is not about the school. As well, everyone knows that if a conservative, right wing school did not want someone like Clinton speaking at their commencement, they would protest and run him off too. So, this thead is total hypocrisy. Total.

You have a good point. Do you have an example of a right wing school chasing a liberal commencement speaker away ?

How many examples of rightwing schools inviting liberal commencement speakers do you have?

The thing is, the ceremony is all about the school. It always has been, and always will be, why the fuck do you think all those professors get up on stage in their fancy regalia?

No. The graduation ceremony is for and about the students who are graduating; it is not about the school. As well, everyone knows that if a conservative, right wing school did not want someone like Clinton speaking at their commencement, they would protest and run him off too. So, this thead is total hypocrisy. Total.

You have a good point. Do you have an example of a right wing school chasing a liberal commencement speaker away ?

There's this fine example of students at one of America's most rightwing schools trying to chase Mitt Romney away,

because he's a Mormon!

Liberty University Students Protest Choice Of Romney As Commencement Speaker

But I'm sure conservatives will defend this because Christian bigotry is okay.

How many examples of rightwing schools inviting liberal commencement speakers do you have?

How many "right wing" schools do you have?

Basically it's evangelist universities.

Wait a minute, when a bunch of kids at a Topeka High School objected to Michelle Obama speaking, you guys were tickled pink..

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/350502-will-mrs-obama-just-bully-her-way-in.html

Now you are mad?

:lol:

In any case, I can see why this was a problem.

Condi Rice along with the rest of the Bush administration was responsible for the deaths of over half a million human beings.

Over a lie.

Those folks are lucky they were leading the most powerful country in the world otherwise they'd have wound up at the Hague.

It's nice to know the students there run the school

but when they and PARENTS wanted to ask Michelle Obama from coming to one all HELL BROKE loose

and she just went ahead and forced herself on them anyway

one has class anyway

Ah Steph...again u recreate reality to fit ur hate driven fantasies...when Ms. Obama learned of the objections to her appearance at that graduation, she graciously declined the invite ...and spoke another day at another venue.
Now that IS "class"...something u fail to recognize, since u clearly have none.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

How many "right wing" schools do you have?

Basically it's evangelist universities.

The reason there are so few conservative universities in a country that conservatives themselves love to claim is a center/right country is that

conservatives don't give a shit about education, they just like to say they do.

graciously declined

too bad the students at the University wasn't so gracious to Mrs. Rice

but hey, all long as Michelle is, gracious

pfeeesh,

If nothing else,

Rice's cut and run here proves that she doesn't have the character or the courage to stand up and fight for what she believes in.

Typical conservative cowardice.

Liberals bully Condi Rice into withdrawing from Rutgers Commencement
Ah, that poor mistreated warmongering ****. BWAH HA HA HA HA! It's good to see that at least the youth of this country know a war criminal when they see one.

Here she is..lying her ass off in 2010..

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtfDmj1KEvQ]Condoleezza Rice Schools Katie Couric on Why U.S. Invaded Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

Keep telling yourself that, every single college ceremony I went to was about the school. Maybe you should attend a few before you tell me who is the center of attention.

By the way, do you have an example of a conservative school that invited Hillary and then backed down after she was charged with war crimes? If not, you really don't have a point.

Actually, you don't have any point. You're just an old literal minded windbag. I have been to countless graduations, in fact. They are about the students, not about the school. Certainly that is what the graduates think, feel and believe. Maybe you ought to talk to them. You would see it is about them, not about the school. If the kids thought it was all about the school, they wouldn't even attend.

Seriously?

If it is all about the graduates why is every dean of the school on the stage? Why do you need a guide just to figure out what it is they are supposed to know?

academic-regalia_hood_color_chart_62.jpg

If it were actually about the students they would allow each student to plan their own ceremony, just like we do weddings.

So this what the Right calls liberal 'bullying'? Since 'bullying' is the topic of this thread,

let's look at an example of rightwing bullying:

Gun shop nixes plans to sell smart gun after death threats

"The owner of a Maryland firearms shop has canceled plans to sell a smart gun following backlash from people who think the technology will infringe on their rights as gun owners.

Andy Raymond, co-owner of Engage Armament, in Rockville, said his decision came after receiving death threats for plans to sell the Armatix iP1 .22-caliber handgun, which can only function with an accompanying wristwatch.

“You’re going to get what’s coming to you,” was among the messages he received, Mr. Raymond said, as reported by Fox News.

“They told my business partner they would burn down the shop. I try to be reasonable with people but I guess I made a mistake,” he said."

Read more: Gun shop nixes plans to sell smart gun after death threats - Washington Times
Follow us: @Was htimes on Twitter

There's 'bullying', and there's bullying.

Those anti gun nuts keep threatening violence and taking away the right of people to keep and bear arms.

Keep telling yourself that, every single college ceremony I went to was about the school. Maybe you should attend a few before you tell me who is the center of attention.

By the way, do you have an example of a conservative school that invited Hillary and then backed down after she was charged with war crimes? If not, you really don't have a point.

Actually, you don't have any point. You're just an old literal minded windbag. I have been to countless graduations, in fact. They are about the students, not about the school. Certainly that is what the graduates think, feel and believe. Maybe you ought to talk to them. You would see it is about them, not about the school. If the kids thought it was all about the school, they wouldn't even attend.

Seriously?

If it is all about the graduates why is every dean of the school on the stage? Why do you need a guide just to figure out what it is they are supposed to know?

academic-regalia_hood_color_chart_62.jpg

If it were actually about the students they would allow each student to plan their own ceremony, just like we do weddings.

Why do you who supposedly has a college degree need to ask such a stupid question?

Rice was charging the university $35,000 to congratulate and 'inspire' the 2014 graduates.

OMG! She has the gall to get demand payment from the school that is willing to shell out 6 figure fees to white men. She should know her place as a black woman and do it for free.

Once again the fake Libertarian speaks.

Let's ask him a question:

Who had the free speech rights in this 'controversy'?

a. Those who protested Rice's planned paid appearance, or,

b. Rice herself, to be hired to give a speech?

I hate to confuse you with facts, but everyone has the right to free speech.

By the way, if you go back and read my posts in this thread you will see that I said that the problem is that the school is a hot bed of intolerance and close minded bigotry, and pointed out that only idiots support that type of environment. The fact that you are attempting to make this about something else is proof that you are part of the problem. In other words, you are a close minded bigot who is afraid of people with different ideas because you might have to admit you are wrong about something.

Given that you also support Hillary, who actually has more extreme positions on use of force in diplomacy than Rice, I could make the case that you are also a scumbag racist fuckwad. Would you like me to lay that one out for you?

You are missing the point. It's irrelevant. But, I think they would not be broad minded enough to even consider such a thing.

You brought it up, but now are arguing that it is irrelevant?

As for the rest of your comment, you really need to pull your head out of your ass. It turns out that "conservative" collegaes are just as likely as liberal ones to protest conservative speakers. That is because there is a foundational movement to restrict the ideas in public debate. You are going to be part of the problem if you don't wake the fuck up.

Christian College Stays Silent After Dissing Conservative Speaker

Jesuit University Bans Conservative Speaker Then Invites Beastiality Advocate

Forum List

Back