Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

I guess POGO and FAUN FINALLY googled the link and found I was right and so was the OP boy you libs are pig headed...

I guess you were born with your head up your ass. Roll tape.
Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

The picture was taken during the 1924 Democratic Convention.

klanbake-600x387.jpg

It was also known as “Klanbake.”

In Madison Square Garden, New York City, from June 24 to July 9, a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party’s platform.

Liberals Aren’t Liking This Newly-Discovered Photo Of The 1924 Democratic Convention…

That's uh ..... not a convention, Gummo. Your first clue should be the trolley tracks.

The "Klanbake" refers not to the convention but to the gathering of Klanners across the river from the convention in New Jersey (the convention being in NYC). They demonstrated and made a lot of noise. In the convention itself they were opposing the candidacies of Sen. Oscar Underwood (AL) and Al Smith, Governor of New York. Specifically Underwood and Smith were calling for a plank in the platform denouncing the Klan. Underwood was the most vocal voice opposing the Klan at the time, declaring the KKK and the US could not coexist and "between the two I choose my country". And Smith of course was a Catholic, one of the Klan's targets.

The Klan's Southern sympathizers were pushing for the nomination of William Gibbs McAdoo of California, who had been getting Klan support. McAdoo didn't acknowledge it but didn't denounce it either. By stalemating the ballots, the McAdoo faction got the voting extended, over and over beyond a hundred ballots, still the longest political convention in history. As the dates in your own OP illustrate ---- fifteen days.

The convention finally settled on an innocuous, unknown candidate, Governor John Davis of West Virginia, who accepted the nomination ----- and promply denounced the Klan. :rofl:

Four years later Al Smith was running again and the Klan again opposed him for being Catholic. By then the KKK had been weakened especially by the D.C Stephenson scandal, and they failed to prevent Smith's nomination. He was the first Catholic nominated for the office by a major political party.

Eight years after that, when FDR was at the height of his popularity and running for re-election, Roosevelt got the party nomination rules changed to a simple majority, so that the South contingent could never again hold up a convention like that. Next time the Democratic convention ran a candidate not named Roosevelt, much of the Southern contingent walked out, unhappy with all the rhetoric about "civil rights", and ran on their own ticket with Strom Thurmond at the top. That was 1948, which was what Trent Lott was referring to when he boasted "we (Mississippi) voted for him" and opined that if the rest of America "had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over all these years", referring again presumably to those same "civil rights".

All you have to do is ask if you want these details. Nobody holds a convention on trolley tracks.

That's post 229 when I first got here. THREE WEEKS AGO. Dumb shit.

Go back to that point and catch the fuck up before you embarrass yourself even further, if that's even possible.

Hey stupid! google KKK at the Madison square garden 1924
WTF difference does it make if I google that? That photo will still be from Madison, Wisconsin, not from Madison Square Garden. Dayam, I just gave you a link to show that the photo comes from the Wisconsin historical archives. Complete with details such as the photographer and the newspaper he worked for.

Yet here you are, clinging desperately to your delusions. <smh>

WTF difference does it make if I google that? That photo will still be from Madison, Wisconsin, not from Madison Square Garden.
It says it is from the garden, taken outside. You can say google is wrong (although you would be wrong) but you can not say the OP is lying. I've looked at links all day about that photo and they all say it was taken at the democratic convention in 1924...everyone of them. So either google is wrong or POGO and you are wrong but no one lied and you and your sweetheart Pogo won't admit it. No one lied, being mistaken or mislead by a search engine is not lying. There Rambunctious wins another one...

WTF difference does it make if I google that? That photo will still be from Madison, Wisconsin, not from Madison Square Garden.
It says it is from the garden, taken outside. You can say google is wrong (although you would be wrong) but you can not say the OP is lying. I've looked at links all day about that photo and they all say it was taken at the democratic convention in 1924...everyone of them. So either google is wrong or POGO and you are wrong but no one lied and you and your sweetheart Pogo won't admit it. No one lied, being mistaken or mislead by a search engine is not lying. There Rambunctious wins another one...

Google does not make assertions. Google returns search results. If someone wrote a blog claiming that Sarah Palin is the offspring of Elvis mated with a cyclops sea urchin from the planet Kwyspt ---- Google would show you that result. Doesn't make it "true" or "false". All it means is that somebody claimed it.

So if some moron pulls a 93 year old pic of a funeral march in Madison Wisconsin and claims it's a pic of the Democratic convention a thousand miles away and five months in the past ----- that result is gonna show up. And if they go on to claim that "Forney Johnston" was there despite his status as a cadaver for 11 years --- that will show up too. Ain't Google's job to vet these things, it's the blogger's. And the OPs who claim it as fact because they didn't do their homework. So we did it for them. It took two minutes to bust this bullshit wide open. Anyone could have done that, including the original fake-historian himself.

A few posts ago I already gave you ALL the details of that picture --- when it was taken, exactly where, exactly by whom, the fucking birth and death dates of the photographer, even the original size. And there's nothing you can do about that.

Now Google "Forney Johnston" and let us know what you come up with other than yahoos including on this message board repeating the same bullshit that a political party convention taking place on trolley tracks a thousand miles away from its own venue, had a movement going on run by a candidate who had been dead for 11 years.

Then you can explain to the class why "Liberals are not liking it", other than its being flat-out bullshit.

Last edited:
Google does not make assertions. Google returns search results. If someone wrote a blog claiming that Sarah Palin is the offspring of Elvis mated with a cyclops sea urchin from the planet Kwyspt ---- Google would show you that result. Doesn't make it "true" or "false". All it means is that somebody claimed it.
That is correct so the OP didn't lie he saw the same search results we did so stop calling him a liar, that's what you do with Trump false claims of dishonesty over a different interpretation or finding. I still say that picture was in NY...every site has that photo when you enter a search for the 1924 democratic convention...every single one. So they are all wrong? I don't think so.
And don't pick on E........

Imbecile... "IT" refers to the DNC when it says it was from the Garden. The photo from the OP was from Madison, Wisconsin. Thoroughly proven as the photo comes from the archives of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

The only the you won was at losing.

So if some moron pulls a 93 year old pic of a funeral march in Madison Wisconsin and claims it's a pic of the Democratic convention a thousand miles away and five months in the past ----- that result is gonna show up. And if they go on to claim that "Forney Johnston" was there despite his status as a cadaver for 11 years --- that will show up too. Ain't Google's job to vet these things, it's the blogger's. And the OPs who claim it as fact because they didn't do their homework. So we did it for them. It took two minutes to bust this bullshit wide open. Anyone could have done that, including the original fake-historian himself.

A few posts ago I already gave you ALL the details of that picture --- when it was taken, exactly where, exactly by whom, the fucking birth and death dates of the photographer, even the original size. And there's nothing you can do about that.

Now Google "Forney Johnston" and let us know what you come up with other than yahoos including on this message board repeating the same bullshit that a political party convention taking place on trolley tracks a thousand miles away from its own venue, had a movement going on run by a candidate who had been dead for 11 years.

Then you can explain to the class why "Liberals are not liking it", other than it's being flat-out bullshit.
Damn!

Imbecile... "IT" refers to the DNC when it says it was from the Garden. The photo from the OP was from Madison, Wisconsin. Thoroughly proven as the photo comes from the archives of the Wisconsin Historical Society.

The only the you won was at losing
Did you try it? every site that pops up when you enter 1924 democratic convention, one of the many photos that pops up is that picture...go ahead try it. I was even surprised. But my main point once again for the 5th time is no one lied. That is what my find proves...the OP did not lie he saw the same photo we did. Get it? dummy

Then you can explain to the class why "Liberals are not liking it", other than it's being flat-out bullshit
You still have shown no proof that you are correct, and stop it with the trolley tracks idiot. The picture was of the KKK marching towards the garden. If you look at old pictures of the garden the first street over there are tracks on it. So take that stupid logic and eat shit! You may be wrong and the OP may be 100% correct. I've shown more proof of that than you have of the opposite. dummy#2

The only the you won was at losing
Did you try it? every site that pops up when you enter 1924 democratic convention, one of the many photos that pops up is that picture...go ahead try it. I was even surprised. But my main point once again for the 5th time is no one lied. That is what my find proves...the OP did not lie he saw the same photo we did. Get it? dummy
What I get is that you're an abject imbecile who can't comprehend that Google returns results based on that of which you search.

Meaning, if you search on kkk 1924 Democratic Convention, you'll get back links to the rightwing fake news that the OP's photo was from the DNC in NY.

Google, '1924 kkk madison wisconsin funeral march', and you'll get hits to that photo being from Wisconsin.

Wonder why?

-Geaux
--------

The picture was taken during the 1924 Democratic Convention.

klanbake-600x387.jpg

It was also known as “Klanbake.”

In Madison Square Garden, New York City, from June 24 to July 9, a dispute during came up revolving around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party’s platform.

They just ditched their white sheets and replaced them with black.

Then you can explain to the class why "Liberals are not liking it", other than it's being flat-out bullshit
You still have shown no proof that you are correct, and stop it with the trolley tracks idiot. The picture was of the KKK marching towards the garden. If you look at old pictures of the garden the first street over there are tracks on it. So take that stupid logic and eat shit! You may be wrong and the OP may be 100% correct. I've shown more proof of that than you have of the opposite. dummy#2
Oh look, a trolley and tracks in Madison, capital of Wisconsin.

card00511_fr.jpg

Meaning, if you search on kkk 1924 Democratic Convention,
No No No...I said google 1924 democratic convention. Leave off KKK and the pic still pops up...that is what I'm saying no one lied. either the whole google and internet world is wrong or you are. If the former is true it still means the OP did not lie and that is my only argument. Now go out and play you're bugging me.

Meaning, if you search on kkk 1924 Democratic Convention,
No No No...I said google 1924 democratic convention. Leave off KKK and the pic still pops up...that is what I'm saying no one lied. either the whole google and internet world is wrong or you are. If the former is true it still means the OP did not lie and that is my only argument. Now go out and play you're bugging me.
You didn't understand a word in my post, did ya, Zippy? <smh>

Probably because they're in grammatically correct English
Even correctly spelled nonsense is still nonsense, but I think you should review your posts. I'm not an English teacher but you could use some tutoring.

Forum List

Back