Liberals and Equality

Reality. Ah yes, reality. Another 600,000 out of work last week. Aren't you conservatives so proud of how you handled the economy? Volker says that things are going down faster than they did in the last Great Republican Depression.

And all that money that Bush borrowed from China. Will China foreclose?

The government of China current holds $1,500,000,000,000 of our national debts.

I expect thanks to the bailouts of our banks PLUS the pittance (relative to how we spend money, I mean) that is the STIMULIS, I could see they owning $ 5 trillion of our debt in the next few years.

The masters of our universe (henceforth called the MOTU) have been screwing up for at least three decades, now.

One stupid wateful policy after the other, too generous tax cuts for billionsaires, bad FED policies, stupid wasteful wars of empire, all conspire to crash out economy.

This is not a Republican problem this is not a Democratic problem this is a MOTU problem.

Those geniuses that run our nation are either the dumbest bricks in the wall, or they set out to crash this economy.

I'll leave it to you to decide which you believe is the more likely explaination.

We enjoying the benefits of flattening the taxation system right now.

How's that working out for us?

Yes tax cuts are of course what caused this mess.

Well, yes, had a great deal to do with it. Cutting taxes, going to war on the basis of lies, then FUBARing that war, tends to bleed the government to death. The Bush admin had eight years to prove the efficacy of the conservative ideology, and here we are. The Second Great Republican Depression. You fellows have really proved your ability to govern.

Instant epic fail when any whack-job far lefty comes out with the old chestnut of 'war based on lies' crapola

Second epic fail with the bullshit "Second Great Republican Depression"

'What gives you the idea that the progressive tax system is meant to promote equality?'

Because it tries to close the disparity making things closer to equal financially. Yet, no one would dare hit a beautiful woman with a baseball bat in the face so unattractive women could close some of the beauty gap. Once again, liberals have no guilt about taking from those who work hard and earned, but they would have an objection to closing the gap of luck also known as the genetic lottery for those who just happen to have more of something. What a bunch of immoral, hypocritical people...

Liberals hate equality. For instance, let's take progressive taxes. They by their very nature promote inequality. They tax people at different rates in order to create equality. Yet, that presupposes all people are born equal. In fact, some people are born better looking, some people are born healthier, some people are born smarter. So, instead of letting an unattractive woman get equal thru hard work, or an unatheletic geek get closer to equality thru creating innnovative software, liberals want everyone to be hostage to the genetic lottery of birth. We wouldn't dream of taxing someone at a higher rate because they were born better looking than us -- something they didn't earn, yet , if a person earns more thru hardwork, than it's moral to tax them at a higher rate? Sorry that's immoral. Why should anyone vote for immoral people known as redistributionists/Dems/LIbs???
What gives you the idea that the progressive tax system is meant to promote equality?

Edit: the progressive rate does treat people equally, btw. Everyone is taxed the same rate for the same income. Only incomes above a certain amount are taxed at a higher rate. So it isn't people that are treated unequally under a progressive system, it's income that is treated unequally. And there's nothing wrong with that...people can choose to earn more or less income as they please.

The unequality comes in when you tax different types of income differently. For instance, capital gains tax.

"Everyone is taxed the same rate for the same income. Only incomes above a certain amount are taxed at a higher rate."

You contradict yourself with these two sentences, and contradict your first sentence.

Claiming that treating income unequally is not treating the people who earn it unequally is bullshit.

Ah yes, let's have a pity party for the very rich. They just cannot get their car windows dark enough so they can ignore the long lines at the unemployment office. They are having problems controling their giggling as they throw yet another family out on the street through foreclosures. Hell, they might even have to pay some taxes.

Fellows, you lost the last election. You lost it resoundingly. 365 electorial votes for Obama. 59 Dem Senators. 255 Dem in the House. You lost it because your idiotic ideology failed in two wars, and brought this nation to the brink of the Second Great Republican Depression.

At the rate you are going, and given your learning curve, maybe 70 Dem Senate after 2010. An even larger House majority. You are standing in the doorway and blocking off the hall on all issues. And you will feel the pain for that at the ballot boxes.

The very rich? By your selection of the extreme example, here's mine: Let's have a pity party for the deadbeat leaches sucking off government social programs because they're too lazy to get off their fat asses and get job. Further, let's take money away from those who earn it ensure the lame fucks have high speed internet and PPV cable.

Here's a better idea? Why don't you address the topic instead of deflecting your ass in desperation all over the place? This isn't the second anything. The Great Depression started WAY before Hoover took office, just as this recession began DECADES ago. It didn't just materialize in the last year of Bush's Presidency.

At the rate YOU leftwingnuts are going, you'll be lucky to hang on to the seats you have in 2010.

Reality. Ah yes, reality. Another 600,000 out of work last week. Aren't you conservatives so proud of how you handled the economy? Volker says that things are going down faster than they did in the last Great Republican Depression.

After reading your last post, I'd suggest you not use the word "reality" in an authoritative manner. You clearly haven't seen the ball since the kickoff.

The government of China current holds $1,500,000,000,000 of our national debts.

I expect thanks to the bailouts of our banks PLUS the pittance (relative to how we spend money, I mean) that is the STIMULIS, I could see they owning $ 5 trillion of our debt in the next few years.

The masters of our universe (henceforth called the MOTU) have been screwing up for at least three decades, now.

One stupid wateful policy after the other, too generous tax cuts for billionsaires, bad FED policies, stupid wasteful wars of empire, all conspire to crash out economy.

This is not a Republican problem this is not a Democratic problem this is a MOTU problem.

Those geniuses that run our nation are either the dumbest bricks in the wall, or they set out to crash this economy.

I'll leave it to you to decide which you believe is the more likely explaination.

One thing we agree on is the bureaucracy that ate us, that's for sure. Wonder what it takes to get blind partisan hacks to see what pawns they are and what fools they're all being played for.

When the government decides to cut spending, let me know, and I'll reply to your question directly. Suppose my girl is this shopoholic. She spends $500 a month on useless things. Now, what does it matter if she takes the money from me directly (taxation) or puts it on the credit card? It's still hurtful to me, financially. Thank god she doesn't have the power to print money, either.

Last edited:

When the government decides to cut spending, let me know, and I'll reply to your question directly. Suppose my girl is this shopoholic. She spends $500 a month on useless things. Now, what does it matter if she takes the money from me directly (taxation) or puts it on the credit card? It's still hurtful to me, financially. Thank god she doesn't have the power to print money, either.

That doesn't sound like a political difference to me. Sounds more like a personal problem. :lol:

You can always get a new girlfriend. Apparently, we aren't collectively smart enough to get a new government.

You know what? Its pointless defending what liberals actually stand for against people who have been propagandized by the conservative political machine.

Liberals stand for equality, freedom, peace, love, and the best quality of life we can all attain ethically. You might not understand the ways we want to go about doing it, but we aren't lying. The progressive tax system is equal because those who make the most reap the most because of the government. Equal rights for homosexuals so they can love and marry and have the same status in this country as the rest of us. We don't want to continue the missile shield because it antagonizes our enemies more than it protects us. We don't think we should have invaded Iraq because it antagonizes our enemies in the Middle East. Instead, we should try to lead the world in a peace movement. We should cut back on using fossil fuels because climate change may adversely affect the world's biodiversity and human populations and quality of life. What the hell is so wrong with that? That's just some of what we want to do.

Last edited:
Ah yes, let's have a pity party for the very rich. They just cannot get their car windows dark enough so they can ignore the long lines at the unemployment office. They are having problems controling their giggling as they throw yet another family out on the street through foreclosures. Hell, they might even have to pay some taxes.

Fellows, you lost the last election. You lost it resoundingly. 365 electorial votes for Obama. 59 Dem Senators. 255 Dem in the House. You lost it because your idiotic ideology failed in two wars, and brought this nation to the brink of the Second Great Republican Depression.

At the rate you are going, and given your learning curve, maybe 70 Dem Senate after 2010. An even larger House majority. You are standing in the doorway and blocking off the hall on all issues. And you will feel the pain for that at the ballot boxes.

The very rich? By your selection of the extreme example, here's mine: Let's have a pity party for the deadbeat leaches sucking off government social programs because they're too lazy to get off their fat asses and get job. Further, let's take money away from those who earn it ensure the lame fucks have high speed internet and PPV cable.

Here's a better idea? Why don't you address the topic instead of deflecting your ass in desperation all over the place? This isn't the second anything. The Great Depression started WAY before Hoover took office, just as this recession began DECADES ago. It didn't just materialize in the last year of Bush's Presidency.

At the rate YOU leftwingnuts are going, you'll be lucky to hang on to the seats you have in 2010.

Don't forget DTV.

'What gives you the idea that the progressive tax system is meant to promote equality?'

Because it tries to close the disparity making things closer to equal financially. Yet, no one would dare hit a beautiful woman with a baseball bat in the face so unattractive women could close some of the beauty gap. Once again, liberals have no guilt about taking from those who work hard and earned, but they would have an objection to closing the gap of luck also known as the genetic lottery for those who just happen to have more of something. What a bunch of immoral, hypocritical people...
Ah, you're just a troll. No one would hit an unattractive women in the face to give someone else gain either, asshole. Again, people are taxed equally, income is not...nice selective reply on your part.

Liberals hate equality. For instance, let's take progressive taxes. They by their very nature promote inequality. They tax people at different rates in order to create equality. Yet, that presupposes all people are born equal. In fact, some people are born better looking, some people are born healthier, some people are born smarter. So, instead of letting an unattractive woman get equal thru hard work, or an unatheletic geek get closer to equality thru creating innnovative software, liberals want everyone to be hostage to the genetic lottery of birth. We wouldn't dream of taxing someone at a higher rate because they were born better looking than us -- something they didn't earn, yet , if a person earns more thru hardwork, than it's moral to tax them at a higher rate? Sorry that's immoral. Why should anyone vote for immoral people known as redistributionists/Dems/LIbs???
What gives you the idea that the progressive tax system is meant to promote equality?

Edit: the progressive rate does treat people equally, btw. Everyone is taxed the same rate for the same income. Only incomes above a certain amount are taxed at a higher rate. So it isn't people that are treated unequally under a progressive system, it's income that is treated unequally. And there's nothing wrong with that...people can choose to earn more or less income as they please.

The unequality comes in when you tax different types of income differently. For instance, capital gains tax.

"Everyone is taxed the same rate for the same income. Only incomes above a certain amount are taxed at a higher rate."

You contradict yourself with these two sentences, and contradict your first sentence.

Claiming that treating income unequally is not treating the people who earn it unequally is bullshit.
I'm sorry you have a reading comprehension problem, Gunny. Or maybe in your mind money is human. :cuckoo:

The first 25,000 of your income is taxed exactly like the first 25,000 of Warren Buffet's. The second 25,000 of your income is taxed exactly like the second 25,000 of Warren Buffet's. The third 25,000 of your income is taxed exactly like the third 25,000 of Warren Buffet's...and on and on.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, progressive taxes don't just harm those "at the top" like you think, it also harms the laborer who manages to put in twice your hours or earn raises to get twice you pay, meaning no incentive for them to work harder much less to right the system at all.

PS: I was such a laborer, and kinda still am (being your own boss doesn't make you less of a laborer, it just means all the money you earn is yours).

Forum List

Back