Liberals and Equality

Dorkazoid_Jones

Jan 21, 2009
DC
Liberals hate equality. For instance, let's take progressive taxes. They by their very nature promote inequality. They tax people at different rates in order to create equality. Yet, that presupposes all people are born equal. In fact, some people are born better looking, some people are born healthier, some people are born smarter. So, instead of letting an unattractive woman get equal thru hard work, or an unatheletic geek get closer to equality thru creating innnovative software, liberals want everyone to be hostage to the genetic lottery of birth. We wouldn't dream of taxing someone at a higher rate because they were born better looking than us -- something they didn't earn, yet , if a person earns more thru hardwork, than it's moral to tax them at a higher rate? Sorry that's immoral. Why should anyone vote for immoral people known as redistributionists/Dems/LIbs???

People don't. That's why they fight against freedom of speech, buy out the press, buy elections, repress religion, and try to marginalize the majority.

Look guys why dont you try telling us what you believe instead of telling LIES about what others believe?

"Why is this in introductions"

Actually, I don't see thread starter link anywhere else. I emailed the board moderator about how to start thread and received no response... Where is the link to start new threads???

"Paris Hilton earned her money?"

Paris Hilton is a beautiful woman. Did she earn that? Exactly my point... Do you think a 300 pound warpig would get that press??

Paris Hilton is a beautiful woman. Did she earn that? Exactly my point... Do you think a 300 pound warpig would get that press??

Yep.

PLUS-sized funny girl Magda Szubanski is shedding kilos after realising she was eating herself into an early grave.

Magda Szubanski joins Jenny Craig to lose weight | TV | News.com.au

See? :eusa_angel:

I can think of three more: Oprah, Ricky Lake, Rosanne

I can't stand people like her ... but not because they just happened to make more money than me, I just think they are morons. But they still earned their money, if people didn't want to see them then no one would pay them, it's just legal prostitution.

Look guys why dont you try telling us what you believe instead of telling LIES about what others believe?

Ears burning, are they? Why don't you try not deflecting from addressing the topic just because you don't like hearing the truth?

Government redistribution of wealth is EXACTLY as is stated in the OP. It's my opinion that the OP could have used better analogies is all.

It is wrong to take away from one who excels and give to one who does not excel to place their income/lifestyle on an equal plane. It dumbs down the gene pool. I excel because I want more. If you cannot or will not excel for more, you do not "deserve" more, and stop crying about it and demanding a piece of what I have earned. Take away the incentive to excel, and everyone becomes mediocre.

There is no lie to that. It's common sense and logic.

Try responding honestly to what's there, not what isn't.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Liberals hate equality. For instance, let's take progressive taxes. They by their very nature promote inequality. They tax people at different rates in order to create equality. Yet, that presupposes all people are born equal. In fact, some people are born better looking, some people are born healthier, some people are born smarter. So, instead of letting an unattractive woman get equal thru hard work, or an unatheletic geek get closer to equality thru creating innnovative software, liberals want everyone to be hostage to the genetic lottery of birth. We wouldn't dream of taxing someone at a higher rate because they were born better looking than us -- something they didn't earn, yet , if a person earns more thru hardwork, than it's moral to tax them at a higher rate? Sorry that's immoral. Why should anyone vote for immoral people known as redistributionists/Dems/LIbs???
What gives you the idea that the progressive tax system is meant to promote equality?

Edit: the progressive rate does treat people equally, btw. Everyone is taxed the same rate for the same income. Only incomes above a certain amount are taxed at a higher rate. So it isn't people that are treated unequally under a progressive system, it's income that is treated unequally. And there's nothing wrong with that...people can choose to earn more or less income as they please.

The unequality comes in when you tax different types of income differently. For instance, capital gains tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
We enjoying the benefits of flattening the taxation system right now.

How's that working out for us?

Liberals believe in SELECTIVE equality...

When it benefits them and the ones they know they can control, it is all about equality.. taking from someone else to give to their target audience... because that gives them power

But when it comes to status equality that gives someone ELSE the benefit... that is all bad.. and "pandering to the rich"

They have yet to figure out that with equality comes the acceptance of the GOOD and the BAD that comes with it... they can't accept this just like they cannot accept the right to fail that goes hand in hand with the right to succeed

Ah yes, let's have a pity party for the very rich. They just cannot get their car windows dark enough so they can ignore the long lines at the unemployment office. They are having problems controling their giggling as they throw yet another family out on the street through foreclosures. Hell, they might even have to pay some taxes.

Fellows, you lost the last election. You lost it resoundingly. 365 electorial votes for Obama. 59 Dem Senators. 255 Dem in the House. You lost it because your idiotic ideology failed in two wars, and brought this nation to the brink of the Second Great Republican Depression.

At the rate you are going, and given your learning curve, maybe 70 Dem Senate after 2010. An even larger House majority. You are standing in the doorway and blocking off the hall on all issues. And you will feel the pain for that at the ballot boxes.

We enjoying the benefits of flattening the taxation system right now.

How's that working out for us?

Yes tax cuts are of course what caused this mess.

Well, yes, had a great deal to do with it. Cutting taxes, going to war on the basis of lies, then FUBARing that war, tends to bleed the government to death. The Bush admin had eight years to prove the efficacy of the conservative ideology, and here we are. The Second Great Republican Depression. You fellows have really proved your ability to govern.

Reality. Ah yes, reality. Another 600,000 out of work last week. Aren't you conservatives so proud of how you handled the economy? Volker says that things are going down faster than they did in the last Great Republican Depression.

And all that money that Bush borrowed from China. Will China foreclose?

Forum List

Back