Liberal solution to the homeless. Let them camp in YOUR backyard!!

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Portland says it's voluntary but we all know how that works. If the city asks and you say no, they put your name on THE LIST of homeowners who the police and fire dept will not respond to,

Portland wants residents to let homeless live in backyards | Daily Mail Online

march 19 2017 Faced with an intractable homeless problem, officials in Portland are thinking inside the box.

A handful of homeless families will soon move into tiny, government-constructed modular units in the backyards of willing homeowners.

Portland officials are looking for four backyards to place its Accessory Dwelling Units, what some people may call a granny flat, or a tiny home minus wheels.

Under the pilot program taking effect this summer, the homeowners will take over the heated, fully plumbed tiny houses in five years and can use them for rental income.

• Banned
The problem with helping the homeless is it encourages more homeless to move into the city.

Yup. The reason we have a problem with the homeless is because we refuse to put them in the institutions they belong in.

So we are saddled with a migrant population that likes to steal, do drugs, crap in public places, and who knows what else. I can't go to the store without wading through a cloud of the cigarette smoke, BO, and mangy dogs that they surround themselves with at the entrance of the stores. I can't drive my kids to school without having to stop within 6 feet of a group of them (and dogs) who situate themselves directly on the curb at the light with their signs and their sad faces. They hide out in the bushes along our residential streets, and NOBODY will do anything.

When I was growing up in this town, that didn't happen. Because 1. We had nuthouses and people who were unable or unwilling to care for themselves were placed in them, and 2. Hoboes were given about a week, and at the end of the week if they hadn't found work or moved on, our dads motivated them.

Yup. The reason we have a problem with the homeless is because we refuse to put them in the institutions they belong in.

So we are saddled with a migrant population that likes to steal, do drugs, crap in public places, and who knows what else. I can't go to the store without wading through a cloud of the cigarette smoke, BO, and mangy dogs that they surround themselves with at the entrance of the stores. I can't drive my kids to school without having to stop within 6 feet of a group of them (and dogs) who situate themselves directly on the curb at the light with their signs and their sad faces. They hide out in the bushes along our residential streets, and NOBODY will do anything.

When I was growing up in this town, that didn't happen. Because 1. We had nuthouses and people who were unable or unwilling to care for themselves were placed in them, and 2. Hoboes were given about a week, and at the end of the week if they hadn't found work or moved on, our dads motivated them.

That's what for profit prisons are for love.

Terrible idea. I live in a wooded seven acres and wouldn't have them here for several reasons.
Back in the day all our decisions revolved around what would be best for the kids... allowing the homeless to live in my back yard certainly wouldn't be best for them.
Nowadays the kids have flown the coup and I still wouldn't invite a bunch of homeless strangers to enjoy my property.

Its true that we have turned our backs on the mentally ill (expect the nutters want them armed), our vets, the elderly. RWNJs have no interest in the well being of any human being unless they can make a profit. Or if its a fetus.

Same with christians.

Not to worry, Don's bringing the jobs back.

If don wants to help he should say "If you're poor, don't have kids.".

And yet, its the hypocritical RWNJs who don't want women to have cheap birth control and/or abortions.

Under the drumpf regime, the for-profit prisons are looking to make big bucks putting innocent people behind bars.

Next, the RWNJs will demand people's hands be chopped off for stealing a loaf of bread.

Under the drumpf regime, the for-profit prisons are looking to make big bucks putting innocent people behind bars.

Next, the RWNJs will demand people's hands be chopped off for stealing a loaf of bread.

Terrible idea. I live in a wooded seven acres and wouldn't have them here for several reasons.
Back in the day all our decisions revolved around what would be best for the kids... allowing the homeless to live in my back yard certainly wouldn't be best for them.
Nowadays the kids have flown the coup and I still wouldn't invite a bunch of homeless strangers to enjoy my property.

I've always found it interesting, this euro male dominator god colonial concept of land "ownership". The land is not something you buy/inherit from your ancestors; it is something you borrow from your descendants.

In a post industrial society where the jobs simply are not coming back, a corporation can turn $40-50K per head per year. There is no need to "bring jobs back". Stock are surging upon the coming police state.

Forum List

Back