LA, Ca To Name-Shame Hotels Who Won't Let Homeless Stay - Plans To Possibly Seize Control Of Them To Do So

View attachment 333158

They should set up tents and have a soup kitchen it'd be cheaper than renting rooms.

The homeless will go there if they choose just like they would if offered a hotel room.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Yep...
If tents are good enough for our soldiers they're damn sure good enough for these sidewalk shitting miscreants.

Really really REALLY tired of the lumping of human beings as ALL being miscreants. Been there, done that, could wind up there again. And there are many just like me. Not crazy. Not an addict. Not an alcoholic. Not insane. Just old, poor and trying to survive in cities/towns where they want 3 times the amount of rent asked in what you make in social security or in a job. Think about that. THREE TIMES the amount of rent. Usual rent is $1200.00 per month...give or take. That means you MUST make $3600.00 PER MONTH. Plus the deposit. Plus utilities. Plus food.

At least add the word SOME in your (general *your*) rants. Doesn't make me feel like a non human because I lived it and might again. And so might YOU.

It'll never be me,already made sure of that. I learned my lesson when I lived in a house with no electricity or gas and was taking cold showers in February and we cooked in the fireplace when I was 21.
And why would you be renting? You should have had a home paid off long ago. And if you cant afford where you live? Move. Thats the way its been done in America for generations. I dont know where you live but $3600 for a one bedroom apartment is ridiculous.
As far as some of them being just down on their luck? I'll give you that some of them are,but when you watch those videos of skid row they all look like junkies. And they move there for all the free shit.
I dont have a lot of sympathy for the vast majority of them because they put themselves into the position they're in.

The Los Angeles City Council Wednesday voted to identify hotels refusing to take in the homeless during the coronavirus pandemic and said they could possibly be “commandeered.”

"Each hotel brings new hope, each room could save a life," Mayor Eric Garcetti said

“If hotels are making a distinction among people classifying housed and unhoused differently in terms of accommodations that they’re going to be repaid for, that the city and county will pay for with reimbursements, then I think there’s a potential civil rights violation. If the problems are on the hotel end, the public should know why, and then we should consider commandeering as they’ve talked about in other cities."

"The motion, co-authored by Bonin, says, some hotels have been "unwilling to participate, reneged on initial interest, citing security concerns, liability issues, objections from corporate management or fear of lost revenue from being branded a 'homeless hotel'"

Resort Condos are included in the hotels listed as those who must comply:

"The condo residence’s homeowner’s association cited security, health and property value concerns in a letter to homeowners saying they would resist housing the homeless. Art Avaness, broker and owner of RE/MAX DTLA who manages six units in the building, told FOX 11 they were “shocked and offended” the hotel might be forced to participate.

“In theory, it’s a great idea, I support the program but in practice specifically for this property, it just isn’t, because you want to house hundreds of homeless people in a structure that’s literally in the same building with 224 homeowners? Having it in your own home basically is just a little too much, in fact, it’s offensive.”

So the Los Angeles County Council has decided that hotels MUST TAKE IN / PROVIDE ROOMS TO HOMELESS PERSONS. To punish those who refuse, the Council will:
1. Name-Shame them
2. Penalize all hotels who recently received a tax break
3. Seize control of the hotel from the owners and force the hotels to comply with the mandate to house homeless persons.

The LA CC says it will pay these hotels to house Homeless:
-- At the 'going/standard' rate or a lower rate decided upon by the Council?

Is the LA CC going to pay for COVID-19 testing prior to allowing homeless persons stay in the hotels / condos?

Is the LA CC going to pay for damages...for security?

Is the LA CC going to pay hotel / condo staff additional money (potentially 'hazard pay') for cleaning / sterilizing / etc ... the hotel / rooms, potentially endangering their own health to take care of / clean up after homeless persons?

'Reimburse hotels'? California is broke and living on deficit dollars - CASH UP FRONT, no IOUs.

Then there are the Constitutional / Legal questions....such as...Can the LA CC 'Commandeer' / Seize Control of a privately owned hotel / condo and FORCE them to take in homeless persons?

Would it then be appropriate for federal marshals to take LAs city council into custody for gross breach of constitutional rights?

If they crap in the streets/ alleys etc what the hell makes ppll think they won't be shooting uup , crapping, and pissing all over the place in those hotels too.
Because many homeless people are not crazy. And if they have a bathroom, they will use it. Do you think they enjoy shitting in public or behind a bush or worse..in their pants???
Shooting up happens in multi million dollar homes. Being homeless does not make you an addict.

If you can afford to be a junky thats fine and dandy,go ahead and kill yourself.
If you cant afford it dont expect others to not only pay for it in tax dollars but also have to pay in the form of the destruction of our communities.

View attachment 333158

They should set up tents and have a soup kitchen it'd be cheaper than renting rooms.

The homeless will go there if they choose just like they would if offered a hotel room.

*****SMILE*****

Yep...
If tents are good enough for our soldiers they're damn sure good enough for these sidewalk shitting miscreants.

Really really REALLY tired of the lumping of human beings as ALL being miscreants. Been there, done that, could wind up there again. And there are many just like me. Not crazy. Not an addict. Not an alcoholic. Not insane. Just old, poor and trying to survive in cities/towns where they want 3 times the amount of rent asked in what you make in social security or in a job. Think about that. THREE TIMES the amount of rent. Usual rent is $1200.00 per month...give or take. That means you MUST make $3600.00 PER MONTH. Plus the deposit. Plus utilities. Plus food.

At least add the word SOME in your (general *your*) rants. Doesn't make me feel like a non human because I lived it and might again. And so might YOU.

It'll never be me,already made sure of that. I learned my lesson when I lived in a house with no electricity or gas and was taking cold showers in February and we cooked in the fireplace when I was 21.
And why would you be renting? You should have had a home paid off long ago. And if you cant afford where you live? Move. Thats the way its been done in America for generations. I dont know where you live but $3600 for a one bedroom apartment is ridiculous.
As far as some of them being just down on their luck? I'll give you that some of them are,but when you watch those videos of skid row they all look like junkies. And they move there for all the free shit.
I dont have a lot of sympathy for the vast majority of them because they put themselves into the position they're in.

But there for the Grace of God goes you. I owe you no explanation.
Alas, I thought better of you. I was wrong. Noted.

View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

Hate to hear that because I actually like you but It wont change my mind when it comes to personal responsibility.
All Americans are eligible for Gov healthcare,while it may not be top flight they still get it.
If they really want a roof over their head they can go to a shelter...of course they dont allow drinking.

View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

Hate to hear that because I actually like you but It wont change my mind when it comes to personal responsibility.
All Americans are eligible for Gov healthcare,while it may not be top flight they still get it.
If they really want a roof over their head they can go to a shelter...of course they dont allow drinking.

All I asked was for you to not lump all homeless in the same pot. Nobody knew I was homeless. People you see every day on the street may not be either. Shame makes us hide ourselves. We must look "normal".
I like you too. I just wanted you to remember that we are human...even though we have had major troubles. That's all. And yeah...I take it personal when I shouldn't. It's just something I am unable to forget and I feel some commpassion for those like me and hoped you would too. All it takes is a pandemic...cancer...no insurance...death of a spouse and loss of that income..and you too could wind up there. We all might. Its scarey.

View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

All I asked was for you to not lump all homeless in the same pot. Nobody knew I was homeless. People you see every day on the street may not be either. Shame makes us hide ourselves. We must look "normal".
I like you too. I just wanted you to remember that we are human...even though we have had major troubles. That's all. And yeah...I take it personal when I shouldn't. It's just something I am unable to forget and I feel some commpassion for those like me and hoped you would too. All it takes is a pandemic...cancer...no insurance...death of a spouse and loss of that income..and you too could wind up there. We all might. Its scarey.

Love ya Gracie but I've experienced some serious crap over the last five years.
First was the left hip replacement five years ago,then came the cancer surgery,followed by fusing two vertebrae in the back....I then had an 18 month respite....followed by five more hip surgeries....this is number five. I have another to look forward to.
313D3BAA-471C-464F-94E6-21B2EBD912E9.jpeg

313D3BAA-471C-464F-94E6-21B2EBD912E9.jpeg
Since then I've been pretty much bedridden because of the pain.
I try everyday to rehabilitate my hip but it leaves me gasping in pain.
I spent over 30 years to make the Wife and I's dream come true when it comes to retirement......now I'm fucked unless they can finally fix it.

View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

First was the left hip replacement five years ago,then came the cancer surgery,followed by fusing two vertebrae in the back....I then had an 18 month respite....followed by five more hip surgeries....this is number five. I have another to look forward to.View attachment 334539
View attachment 334539 Since then I've been pretty much bedridden because of the pain.
I spent over 30 years to make the Wife and I's dream come true when it comes to retirement......now I'm fucked unless they can finally fix it.

I'm sorry, hon. I apologize for being all weirded out. I think all of us are in that particular boat right now. Ouch ouch ouch at what you are going thru. It sucks when all that planning when we were physically capable to make our lives awesome only for something we didn't count on to fuck it all up.
If anything, I pray/wish/hope you DO mend, and this will just be another obstacle you overcame. Same with me. Forgive me for what I said earlier. I'm having a tough time too....but mentally, not physically like you are. I struggle. Then I see what others struggle with and am ashamed at myself for being a whiney baby.

You keep on keeping on, hon. Prayers sent your way. I know people roll their eyes about that, but I think prayer DOES work. Maybe not like we think..sorta like how we thought when younger about our futures, but it DOES work in some form or another. :huddle:

View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

First was the left hip replacement five years ago,then came the cancer surgery,followed by fusing two vertebrae in the back....I then had an 18 month respite....followed by five more hip surgeries....this is number five. I have another to look forward to.View attachment 334539
View attachment 334539 Since then I've been pretty much bedridden because of the pain.

I'm sorry, hon. I apologize for being all weirded out. I think all of us are in that particular boat right now. Ouch ouch ouch at what you are going thru. It sucks when all that planning when we were physically capable to make our lives awesome only for something we didn't count on to fuck it all up.
If anything, I pray/wish/hope you DO mend, and this will just be another obstacle you overcame. Same with me. Forgive me for what I said earlier. I'm having a tough time too....but mentally, not physically like you are. I struggle. Then I see what others struggle with and am ashamed at myself for being a whiney baby.

You keep on keeping on, hon. Prayers sent your way. I know people roll their eyes about that, but I think prayer DOES work. Maybe not like we think..sorta like how we thought when younger about our futures, but it DOES work in some form or another. :huddle:

Thanks from the bottom of my heart Gracie.
I dont mean to be an asshole but sometimes I get angry at my situation though it's no ones fault.
I dont care so much for how my life ends up but how my Wifes life ends.
I feel like I've let Her down compared to what I promised Her.
Thats what really tears me up......

View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

I dont mean to be an asshole but sometimes I get angry at my situation though it's no ones fault.

You didn't let her down. You love each other and love although is sometimes not enough...MOST times it is. You two take care of each other. Oh, and vent any time. I promise I won't take it personal next time, lol.
You, your wife and I will get thru this. We be tough. Whiney, but tough. :)

HereWeGoAgain why not head over to the coffee shop and share a bit? I just did. I must say I feel better for it too. Very kind people in there and they will pray for you as well. No judgements. And it feels great to share pains, aches, fears, stress..along with jokes, laughter, etc. We really kinda KNOW each other in there because we share a lot of our real lives, minus names and such. Having people validate your trials in life does indeed help in some way. I hope you come share about your pain and surgeries. You are not alone in these things. And some give some really good home remedy advice too or just flat out support.

I'm off to bed. I get my happy pills in a few..and I will sleep comfy. I hope. So far so good. Depending on the doc I see soon. You can read about it in the coffee shop. I just vented the hell out of myself. lol

View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

You didn't let her down. You love each other and love although is sometimes not enough...MOST times it is. You two take care of each other. Oh, and vent any time. I promise I won't take it personal next time, lol.
You, your wife and I will get thru this. We be tough. Whiney, but tough. :)

Yeah,she tells me the same.
Which of course makes me obligated to believe Her.
View attachment 333158

*****SMILE*****

Yep...

I dont roll my eyes at prayer. In fact I think it has weight and it's comforting.
My whole neighborhood held a prayer moment for me
when my hip dislocated the second time. They were all out in front of the house when the Ambulance showed up.
I will say the most uncomfortable moment in my life when it comes to religion is when the last time they hacked on me.
The hospital Chaplain asked me if I wanted to pray before my surgery.
It really made me uncomfortable to think I'd be praying for myself.

If they crap in the streets/ alleys etc what the hell makes ppll think they won't be shooting uup , crapping, and pissing all over the place in those hotels too.
Because many homeless people are not crazy. And if they have a bathroom, they will use it. Do you think they enjoy shitting in public or behind a bush or worse..in their pants???
Shooting up happens in multi million dollar homes. Being homeless does not make you an addict.

True being homeless doesn't mean one is an addict but they still need to behave ad be respectful of others

By the way mental illness is the leading cause of homelessness, granted that leads to substance abuse

True being homeless doesn't mean one is an addict but they still need to behave ad be respectful of others

By the way mental illness is the leading cause of homelessness, granted that leads to substance abuse
Mental illness is being weaponized all at the same time so tha tthe NORMAL end up with a title that automatically strips them of their rights because some asshole cop or therapist or doctors claims such and such has mental illness. ( but yes a lot of them do have mental illness for sure.

The homeless are used as lab rats just like inmates nobody cares and nobody will ever know.

They used dogs adn cats to test RFID chips nobody though a thing once comfortable with all they now move it to humans where by the way it is being they cause tumors animals included.

They got it so their sheep fall for it all using all the pyshe warfare they can to fk up America.

Actually, inflation is the leading cause of homelessness. Even in poor cities, rents are atrocious and has been for a very very VERY long time. Greed of those who have and want more. I was asked where I live. California. Yes, I know. Spare me the insults of "choosing" to live here. I didn't really choose. I was born here, worked here, got old here. Cali used to be the golden state...the best of weather. Then shit happened. Even in poorer states, like Missouri for example which I did consider at one time..has rents that are $600 per month. Still. whomever the schmuck was that invented Must Make 3 Times The Amount Monthly rent...add that up. That's 1800 per month, NOT counting utilities, food, gas to get to work, etc. Who makes 1800 per month except those in larger cities with well paying jobs. MOST have to work 2 and 3 jobs, with a spouse that contributes with their 3/3 jobs. And if you have kids....dayum! Unexpected illness or farm accident or work accident, insuance that won't pay necessary surgeries or meds to "fix you", Skyrocketing prices, greed, more poor people than middle class and there you have it.

In cali, an insurance for poor folks (Cen-Cal) decided they needed more money so would no longer pay for poor elderly to live in elder care facilities. Those old people had no place to go. They wound up on the streets. People in wheelchairs, people who were in their 80's and unable to work, people who needed a roof. Well..they got one. In creek beds, under overpasses, living in non running rvs and cars. And if you are homeless and lucky own a vehicle that does run, you are told to "move along" when parked somehwere discreet or hide..like we did. Only thing that saved our asses was our veterinary doc. He let us park in his lot at the vet hospital after hours.

Actually, inflation is the leading cause of homelessness. Even in poor cities, rents are atrocious and has been for a very very VERY long time. Greed of those who have and want more. I was asked where I live. California. Yes, I know. Spare me the insults of "choosing" to live here. I didn't really choose. I was born here, worked here, got old here. Cali used to be the golden state...the best of weather. Then shit happened. Even in poorer states, like Missouri for example which I did consider at one time..has rents that are $600 per month. Still. whomever the schmuck was that invented Must Make 3 Times The Amount Monthly rent...add that up. That's 1800 per month, NOT counting utilities, food, gas to get to work, etc. Who makes 1800 per month except those in larger cities with well paying jobs. MOST have to work 2 and 3 jobs, with a spouse that contributes with their 3/3 jobs. And if you have kids....dayum! Unexpected illness or farm accident or work accident, insuance that won't pay necessary surgeries or meds to "fix you", Skyrocketing prices, greed, more poor people than middle class and there you have it.

In cali, an insurance for poor folks (Cen-Cal) decided they needed more money so would no longer pay for poor elderly to live in elder care facilities. Those old people had no place to go. They wound up on the streets. People in wheelchairs, people who were in their 80's and unable to work, people who needed a roof. Well..they got one. In creek beds, under overpasses, living in non running rvs and cars. And if you are homeless and lucky own a vehicle that does run, you are told to "move along" when parked somehwere discreet or hide..like we did. Only thing that saved our asses was our veterinary doc. He let us park in his lot at the vet hospital after hours.

I've said on here for years " they are getting rid of the middle class" of course the dicks of the board used their clueless low IQ attacks upon me and a few others on here as we said over and over .

I also tried to give the lower IQ's a hollywood comparison hoping it being from whorewood they would get it or something and that would be HUNGER GAMES.

Forum List

Back