Liberal Policies Designed To Make Schools Dangerous

So....who believes the Liberal discipline policy makes school a more dangerous place?

Teachers and teacher's unions.

11. ".... Syracuse Teachers Association President Kevin Ahern said in a recent letter to the Syracuse Post-Standard, it has created a “systemic inability to administer and enforce consistent consequences for violent and highly disruptive student behaviors” that “put students and staff at risk and make quality instruction impossible.”

12. Los Angeles Unified School District is seeing a similar spike in campus offenses after its school superintendent followed federal orders to reduce suspensions of African-Americans. Even threats against teachers are ignored,...
[More work by the Obama-Holder-Sharpton Axis.]

a. “I was terrified and bullied by a fourth-grade student,” a teacher at a Los Angeles Unified School District school recently noted on the Los Angeles Times website. “The black student told me to ‘Back off, b—h.’ I told him to go to the office and he said, ‘No, b—h, and no one can make me.’ ”

b. ...another LAUSD teacher: “We now have a ‘restorative justice’ counselor, but we still have the same problems. Kids aren’t even suspended for fights or drugs.”

c. In neighboring Orange County, teachers are dealing with increasingly violent and disrespectful student behavior since schools there also switched to the restorative strategy."
How liberal discipline policies are making schools less safe New York Post

Remember.....the same political ideologues, Liberals, who have reduced what was once among the finest school systems to a global joke, now what to make certain that savages and cretins are in charge in the classroom.

Liberals......doing what Liberals do best: placing society under a 'law of the jungle' system.

Who would expect that reducing punishment for bad behavior would encourage bad behavior?

Anyone with a brain, that's who.

And I note a lack of concern for the students who are the victims of these violent students. Or God FOrbid, those that actually want to learn.

What's so punitive about a few days suspension?

About Solutions Not Suspensions

Out-of-school suspensions cut classroom time for those who need it most.

Every year, 3.3 million students in the United States are suspended from school, causing them to miss critical learning time, as well as opportunities to grow and succeed.

Recent federal data show that Black and Latino students and students with disabilities are disproportionately targeted by suspensions. They are also likely to be punished more severely than white students for minor misbehavior, contributing to the achievement gap and high dropout rates for these students.

Solutions Not Suspensions is calling for a nationwide moratorium on out-of-school suspensions.

To implement this moratorium, Solutions Not Suspensions, a grassroots initiative of students, educators, parents, and community leaders, is calling on states and districts to support teachers and schools in dealing with discipline in positive ways – keeping students in the classroom and helping educators work with students and parents to create safe and engaging classrooms that protect the human rights to education and dignity.

There are solutions.

Solutions Not Suspensions promotes proven programs that equip teachers and school administrators with effective alternatives to suspensions. In support of this initiative, the Dignity in Schools Campaign is releasing a set of model school discipline policies that provide guidelines to help districts and schools implement the moratorium and phase in positive alternatives. Solutions Not Suspensions's website will serve as a clearinghouse for information on effective alternatives to suspension and give supporters an opportunity to add their voice to the call for a moratorium.​

In short....you endorse a disciple structure based on skin color?

In short, you have no idea what I endorse. I posted information. Information is not advocacy.

I do, however, support in school suspensions over out of school suspensions. Know what kids do when they get "suspended" at my son's school? They scrape gum off desks, edge sidewalks with hand tools, clean the cracks out of those sidewalks, etc.
:clap: Out of school suspension more often than not reinforces bad behavior. Punch a teacher? Get a 2 week vacation.

So.....are you suggesting prison for that 'infraction'?

Or is that too conservative?

Let me know your decision after you've been punched.

Every year, 3.3 million students in the United States are suspended from school, causing them to miss critical learning time, as well as opportunities to grow and succeed.

Recent federal data show that Black and Latino students and students with disabilities are disproportionately targeted by suspensions. They are also likely to be punished more severely than white students for minor misbehavior, contributing to the achievement gap and high dropout rates for these students.

Solutions Not Suspensions is calling for a nationwide moratorium on out-of-school suspensions.

To implement this moratorium, Solutions Not Suspensions, a grassroots initiative of students, educators, parents, and community leaders, is calling on states and districts to support teachers and schools in dealing with discipline in positive ways – keeping students in the classroom and helping educators work with students and parents to create safe and engaging classrooms that protect the human rights to education and dignity.

There are solutions.

Solutions Not Suspensions promotes proven programs that equip teachers and school administrators with effective alternatives to suspensions. In support of this initiative, the Dignity in Schools Campaign is releasing a set of model school discipline policies that provide guidelines to help districts and schools implement the moratorium and phase in positive alternatives. Solutions Not Suspensions's website will serve as a clearinghouse for information on effective alternatives to suspension and give supporters an opportunity to add their voice to the call for a moratorium.​

In short, you have no idea what I endorse. I posted information. Information is not advocacy.

I do, however, support in school suspensions over out of school suspensions. Know what kids do when they get "suspended" at my son's school? They scrape gum off desks, edge sidewalks with hand tools, clean the cracks out of those sidewalks, etc.
:clap: Out of school suspension more often than not reinforces bad behavior. Punch a teacher? Get a 2 week vacation.

Out of school suspension for any infraction is rewarding to many students. As for going to jail that's up to the police and the people involved. Jail would certainly be better for addressing violence than a vacation away from school.

Nor is this the first time we've seen Liberals advance really stupid mandates whose results could be seen by anyone with any sense.
... with metronomic regularity, results never enter into the discussion for Liberals....only intentions.

As is true with Liberal welfare policies, healthcare policies, economic policies....or foreign policy.
Failure looms....occurs...and they move on.

And, the same pattern is repeated in school discipline policy.

13. ".... “positive interventions” have only exacerbated discipline problems in the largely minority Santa Ana public school district, where middle-school kids now regularly smoke pot in bathrooms — some even in class — and attack staff — spitting on teachers, pelting them with eggs, even threatening to stab them, according to the Orange County Register.

.... 65 percent of Santa Ana educators said the softer discipline system is not working. Dozens of teachers have filed hostile-work-environment complaints.

14. Defiance toward teachers is on the rise in Philadelphia public schools, as well, where talking circles have replaced suspensions.

A former Philly middle-school teacher complains minority students act out and then dare teachers to kick them out of class, knowing full well their hands are now tied.

“I’m going to torture you,” Allen Zollman says one student told him. “I’m doing this because I can’t be removed.”

Knowing there won’t be consequences, bullies control the classroom and disrupt lessons for all kids who want to learn."

Gee....what other sensitive and important areas can we turn over to Liberals???

...everywhere it’s been tried, this softer approach has backfired.
... other large urban school districts are reporting fewer suspensions since adopting the non-punitive approach. But that doesn’t necessarily mean fewer infractions.

You lie.

Conflicts and in-school suspensions drop sharply at Middle School during second year of “restorative discipline” initiative
from the article on the University of Texas website: Truancy, bullying and other conflicts among students are down, and in-school suspensions have declined 75 percent at a San Antonio middle school two years after University of Texas at Austin researchers helped implement “restorative discipline” as an alternative to “zero tolerance” in dealing with these issues, according to second-year findings involving a three-year initiative. The marked improvement at Ed White Middle School in San Antonio’s North East Independent School District also was reflected by its being ranked in the top 25 percent statewide for improved progress this year, said Marilyn Armour, a professor at The University of Texas at Austin’s School of Social Work and director of the Institute for Restorative Justice and Restorative Dialogue. She said the middle school made substantial gains in student school performance as measured by the number of students who passed the state exam’s math and reading components....

More proving you lie here:

Outcome Evaluation

There are solutions.

Out of school suspension for any infraction is rewarding to many students. As for going to jail that's up to the police and the people involved. Jail would certainly be better for addressing violence than a vacation away from school.

"the people involved....Jail would certainly be better."

So....when do you think Liberals/Progressives/Democrats will come to their senses?

Any day now......any day.....

... other large urban school districts are reporting fewer suspensions since adopting the non-punitive approach. But that doesn’t necessarily mean fewer infractions.

You lie.

Conflicts and in-school suspensions drop sharply at Middle School during second year of “restorative discipline” initiative
from the article on the University of Texas website: Truancy, bullying and other conflicts among students are down, and in-school suspensions have declined 75 percent at a San Antonio middle school two years after University of Texas at Austin researchers helped implement “restorative discipline” as an alternative to “zero tolerance” in dealing with these issues, according to second-year findings involving a three-year initiative. The marked improvement at Ed White Middle School in San Antonio’s North East Independent School District also was reflected by its being ranked in the top 25 percent statewide for improved progress this year, said Marilyn Armour, a professor at The University of Texas at Austin’s School of Social Work and director of the Institute for Restorative Justice and Restorative Dialogue. She said the middle school made substantial gains in student school performance as measured by the number of students who passed the state exam’s math and reading components....

Outcome Evaluation

1. You know I never lie.

2. I've provided testimony from teachers and teacher's unions that prove my contention.

3. You've provided something from the 'Restorative Justice Institute.'

4. You are known far and wide as a congenital liar.

Let's let readers of the thread make up their minds.

You lie.

Outcome Evaluation

1. You know I never lie.

2. I've provided testimony from teachers and teacher's unions that prove my contention.

You claimed that everywhere it's been tried it backfired. I proved that it has worked, so saying it backfired everywhere is a lie.

I'm saving your lies now. lolol

PC is talking to herself in the mirror ^^^

Restorative Justice has worked despite PC's lies.

You lie.

Outcome Evaluation

1. You know I never lie.

You claimed that everywhere it's been tried it backfired. I proved that it has worked, so saying it backfired everywhere is a lie.

Actually, if your report is correct, you would have shown that PC is wrong.

That would make her wrong, not a liar.

The fact that you call her a liar based on information you provided AFTER she made her statement?

Either you don't know the meaning of the word "liar",

Or you were misrepresenting the truth in order to attack her character...

In case you missed it, that would be a "lie".

She is a liar because she knew her evidence was faulty, Correll, and when you have been here awhile, you will see she applies a very low threshold standard herself for what is lying.

She is a liar because she knew her evidence was faulty, Correll, and when you have been here awhile, you will see she applies a very low threshold standard herself for what is lying.

How do you know she knew her evidence was faulty?

So....who believes the Liberal discipline policy makes school a more dangerous place?

Teachers and teacher's unions.

11. ".... Syracuse Teachers Association President Kevin Ahern said in a recent letter to the Syracuse Post-Standard, it has created a “systemic inability to administer and enforce consistent consequences for violent and highly disruptive student behaviors” that “put students and staff at risk and make quality instruction impossible.”

12. Los Angeles Unified School District is seeing a similar spike in campus offenses after its school superintendent followed federal orders to reduce suspensions of African-Americans. Even threats against teachers are ignored,...
[More work by the Obama-Holder-Sharpton Axis.]

a. “I was terrified and bullied by a fourth-grade student,” a teacher at a Los Angeles Unified School District school recently noted on the Los Angeles Times website. “The black student told me to ‘Back off, b—h.’ I told him to go to the office and he said, ‘No, b—h, and no one can make me.’ ”

b. ...another LAUSD teacher: “We now have a ‘restorative justice’ counselor, but we still have the same problems. Kids aren’t even suspended for fights or drugs.”

c. In neighboring Orange County, teachers are dealing with increasingly violent and disrespectful student behavior since schools there also switched to the restorative strategy."

Remember.....the same political ideologues, Liberals, who have reduced what was once among the finest school systems to a global joke, now what to make certain that savages and cretins are in charge in the classroom.

Liberals......doing what Liberals do best: placing society under a 'law of the jungle' system.

Yes, and now liberal Oregon has found a way to grab many new liberals:

Published March 17, 2015Associated Press

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/17/oregon-is-first-state-to-adopt-automatic-voter-registration/?intcmp=latestnews

Seventeen years after Oregon became the first state to hold all elections with mail-in ballots, it took another pioneering step on Monday to broaden participation by automatically registering people to vote.

Gov. Kate Brown signed a bill that puts the burden of registration on the state instead of voters.

Under the legislation, every adult citizen in Oregon who has interacted with the Department of Motor Vehicles since 2013 but hasn't registered to vote will receive a ballot in the mail at least 20 days before the next statewide election. The measure is expected to add about 300,000 new voters to the rolls.

There are solutions.

Punch a teacher and you should go to jail. Point being the threat is gone. Also, the kid has to make up his classes or get flunked and not graduate with his peers. If the kid doesn't want learn, send him home and let the parents deal with him.

Last edited:

You lie.

Outcome Evaluation

1. You know I never lie.

Chicago, Syracuse, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Orange County, Santa Ana....

More coming.

You lie.

Outcome Evaluation

1. You know I never lie.

Actually, if your report is correct, you would have shown that PC is wrong.

That would make her wrong, not a liar.

The fact that you call her a liar based on information you provided AFTER she made her statement?

Either you don't know the meaning of the word "liar",

Or you were misrepresenting the truth in order to attack her character...

In case you missed it, that would be a "lie".

You haven't seen her act long enough.

To claim something as fact when you can't know it's a fact is lying as far as I'm concerned.

Of course she wouldn't start an honest, researched thread, that would have to say that this program is working in some places and not working in others,

because that doesn't make for good rightwing propaganda, and all PC is is an amateur rightwing propagandist.

How do you know she knew her evidence was faulty?
No, you don't get to play "just once more" when the proof has been provided above. You are in bad hands if you want to play that way.

You lie.

Outcome Evaluation

1. You know I never lie.

More coming.

Santa Ana:

Restorative Justice Program Gains Support from Santa Ana School Board Members

Restorative Justice Program Gains Support from Santa Ana School Board Members Voice of OC

lolol do I have knock down all the pins you're setting to win??? lol

You lie.

Outcome Evaluation

1. You know I never lie.

More coming.

Santa Ana:

Restorative Justice Program Gains Support from Santa Ana School Board Members

Restorative Justice Program Gains Support from Santa Ana School Board Members Voice of OC

lolol do I have knock down all the pins you're setting to win??? lol

Changing the subject?

That's what NYLiar does.....school board members are not teachers.
They are not in the classroom, are they.

Forum List

Back