Liberal Lies About Homeschooling

Studies always show home-study students as doing better than regular students, but who conducts the studies? Are there any studies, not conducted by home-study advocates, that include all students labeled home-study? How are home-study students identified, is there a list of home-study students someplace? Are home-study identified by just parents, by the state, by school district. Who tests home-study students, do they take the same tests as regular students? Do students drop out of home-study?

I home schooled two kids, one program was Christian faith based and the other was not. The only form of indoctrination was the faith based program.

Is the practice of some schools requiring students to raise their hands in class to speak a form of indoctrination? How about drivers stopping at red lights, indoctrination?

Studies always show home-study students as doing better than regular students, but who conducts the studies? Are there any studies, not conducted by home-study advocates, that include all students labeled home-study? How are home-study students identified, is there a list of home-study students someplace? Are home-study identified by just parents, by the state, by school district. Who tests home-study students, do they take the same tests as regular students? Do students drop out of home-study?

Homeschools do better than "average" ......nobody denies that

The average of public schools includes students with behavioral problems, learning disabilities, disruptive family backgrounds and indifferent parents

Nobody has shown that a homeschool student does bettter than he would have done in a public school

One only has to look at the children that homeschool kids are allowed to associate with

Really? And how many home-schooled children do you know? Oh that's right, none. You exposed your own racist way of thinking RW. It's too late...

I've known a handful

They were all religious fundamentalists who were afraid the public schools would corrupt their children and teach "evolution"

When I grew up we didn't have home schooling but we did have Catholic Schools. The parents would all swear they were doing it to gain a good Catholic eduaction. The kids would tell us their parents sent them to Catholic School because there were too many blacks in my school

1.) No you haven't - I would bet the house you have never known one

2.) No child ever told you that

Nobody can make up more outrageous lies to support a wrong position like RW

One only has to look at the children that homeschool kids are allowed to associate with

Really? And how many home-schooled children do you know? Oh that's right, none. You exposed your own racist way of thinking RW. It's too late...

I've known a handful

They were all religious fundamentalists who were afraid the public schools would corrupt their children and teach "evolution"

When I grew up we didn't have home schooling but we did have Catholic Schools. The parents would all swear they were doing it to gain a good Catholic eduaction. The kids would tell us their parents sent them to Catholic School because there were too many blacks in my school

I knew exactly 436,712 home-schooled liberal children. When I asked them why they were home-schooled, all of them (100%) said, "my parents hate ******* and faggots, and public schools have lots of both".

When I asked them if that kind of hate and bigotry was a common culture among liberals, again all of them (100%) said, "we are taught at the Democratic National Convention and other liberal political events that ******* and faggots are evil and that as a good Democrat, we should use these 'useful idiots' to further our political agenda while keeping these people oppressed and in poverty".

I was appalled and have been a conservative ever since. We've seen the left expose themselves right here on USMB with some of the highly offensive / racist comments by libtard wing-nuts like RW and JoeB.

I've known a handful

1.) No you haven't - I would bet the house you have never known one

2.) No child ever told you that

Nobody can make up more outrageous lies to support a wrong position like RW

Liar, liar pants on fire

I've known a handful

I knew exactly 436,712 home-schooled liberal children. When I asked them why they were home-schooled, all of them (100%) said, "my parents hate ******* and faggots, and public schools have lots of both".

When I asked them if that kind of hate and bigotry was a common culture among liberals, again all of them (100%) said, "we are taught at the Democratic National Convention and other liberal political events that ******* and faggots are evil and that as a good Democrat, we should use these 'useful idiots' to further our political agenda while keeping these people oppressed and in poverty".

I was appalled and have been a conservative ever since. We've seen the left expose themselves right here on USMB with some of the highly offensive / racist comments by libtard wing-nuts like RW and JoeB.
Someone is borderline nervous breakdown

I've known a handful

Someone is borderline nervous breakdown

This is nothing new RW - we've know this about you for quite some time now....

Recent studies laud homeschoolers’ academic success, noting their significantly higher ACT-Composite scores as high schoolers and higher grade point averages as college students. Yet surprisingly, the average expenditure for the education of a homeschooled child, per year, is $500 to $600, compared to an average expenditure of $10,000 per child, per year, for public school students.

Report: Homeschooling Growing Seven Times Faster than Public School Enrollment

So it costs government (thanks to libtards and unions) 20x's what it takes an average parent to do?!?

Recent studies laud homeschoolers’ academic success, noting their significantly higher ACT-Composite scores as high schoolers and higher grade point averages as college students. Yet surprisingly, the average expenditure for the education of a homeschooled child, per year, is $500 to $600, compared to an average expenditure of $10,000 per child, per year, for public school students.

So it costs government (thanks to libtards and unions) 20x's what it takes an average parent to do?!?

How much does that parent lose in potential salary?

Common Core = Another reason to Home/School

Understanding "Common Core": Standards and Backlash

December 10, 2013
By Alex Schaffer

Public reaction
Despite 45 states and four territories formally adopting Common Core, public backlash against the new standards is becoming a frequent occurrence. On September 19, 2013, a group of parents in California protested the state's adoption of Common Core when Secretary of Education Arne Duncan visited their city.[12] Duncan later drew criticism in November 2013 when he described the opposition to Common Core as "white suburban moms who — all of a sudden — their child isn’t as brilliant as they thought they were, and their school isn’t quite as good as they thought they were," to a group of state school superintendents.[13] On November 18, 2013, parents in South Carolina and New York chose to keep their children home from school as part of a "National Common Core Protest Day" to demonstrate opposition to Common Core's "one-size-fits all curriculum" and standardized testing methods.[14][15] On December 8, 2013, the Buffalo Teachers Federation protested outside the residence of a state education regent in response to Common Core implementation and its emphasis on continually testing students.[16]

Government reaction
In response to the public outcry, several states have delayed implementation or rescinded adoption of the standards entirely. The Alabama state school board voted to revoke their agreement to adhere to the Common Core standards on November 14, 2013. However, their existing state standards are still in line with Common Core.[17] Alabama is the only state to pull away entirely from its commitment to the Common Core standards. However, others such as Pennsylvania and Indiana have chosen to halt implementation.[18][19] Louisiana has chosen to delay Common Core's accountability measures for two years, while Massachusetts, Oklahoma, Georgia and Michigan have chosen to delay or abandon Common Core testing.[20][21][22][23][24]

Additionally, both Utah and Florida withdrew from the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers and Smarter Balanced Assessment consortium, although both states plan to continue Common Core implementation.[25][26] In Ohio, Representative Andrew Thompson introduced House Bill 237 to the Ohio House of Representatives in order to prevent the state from implementing Common Core.[27]

Understanding "Common Core": Standards and Backlash - Ballotpedia

Homeschool kids Masterbate more than public school kids

How much does that parent lose in potential salary?

Typical liberal - more concerned with the money than the child....

By the way, why do you feel the need to change the subject? I take it you are ashamed at your side requiring 20x's the amount of money and producing 1/10th the result?

As a former educator and current liberal, I've never heard any arguments that homeschooling is a white or elitist idea. However, I have seen two homeschooled students in action. Both were academically advanced overall but had deficiencies--much like any student. Both had problems fitting in; one was quiet while the other demanded attention constantly.

However, public schools always had a role as a cultural force. Immigrants were not only taught English but how to live as an American. And yes, all of that included good citizenship and patriotism. Heck, we say the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools. (At least, we did. It's been a while for me.) Why is this a bad thing? Because Obama is president? Would this all be different if Bush were still president?

Oh, and what specifically has Obama done to public schools?

Wow, you make your point using two students, one quiet? Being quiet is a problem of children home schooled, another demanded attention? Wow, two kids, two different personalities and as a Liberal Educator you do not see this as simply human nature being different? An Educator, what the hell does that mean, you were not a teacher or professor, you educated?

Yes, send your kids to public schools in California, the first thing taught is that, a "Family is a group of people who care for one another". "A hero is someone who helps others". Further when learning of Historical figures we must include Homosexuals.

Another point that is clear to anyone is that Public Schools have the greatest deficiency of students who have zero social skills when interacting with the other students, ever here of Bullies?

Then there are the students who become murderers through their experience at Public Schools, and you point out a "quiet" student who was partially homeschooled, as if that is the result of homeschooling and not simple human nature.

And how about the students of Public Schools who commit suicide over their great social experience at Public Schools.

Or how about all the Students who start using Drugs in Public Schools?

What about the Drugs and Guns and Weapons a student can obtain in Public Schools?

Gee, I think I will keep my attention seeking child homeschooled, and so that my quiet child is not murdered by the student criminals that you are an "Educator" of, I will keep my quiet child homeschooled as well.

So you believe a family is just any old group of people and that is how you educate other people's children?

Forum List

Back