Liberal Catholics applauding Obama's "accomodation"

You are incredibly stupid, aren't you. the insurance company doesn't get to decide anything, they have to provide the coverage at no charge, something no one with a brain thinks will happen. At that point the individual makes the choice about actually using the pill. or not, the insurance company still has to pay if they get pregnant after deciding not to use the pill.

The insurance providers will HAPPILY provide the coverage at no charge. They'll be absolutely giddy about it, just as they are giddy about it in the 28 states that already require them to do this.

Simply put- cost of family planning- about 600 a year.

Cost of a brith. $3000-$6000 for a natural childbirth, $10,000-$40,000 for one involving a C-section or some other complication. And that assumes a naturally healthy baby. We aren't talking about the women in their 40's who haven't realized the party's over and give birth to kids with Down Syndrome. That hundreds of thousands of dollars the insurance companies pick up.

So what Obama did was give the assholes a chance to save face. Frankly, I wouldn't have given them that much. I would tell them to shut the fuck up or the FBI was going to start seriously investigating the whole pedophile priest thing.

Sure they will, everyone loves spending $3 billion dollars for a guaranteed return of less than nothing.

Um, guy, the Insurance companies are not the ones complaining about the cost. Even the Church isn't complaining about the cost.

They just don't like the fact people use birth control.

Birth control is revenue nuetral for health insurance plans. That's why most secular plans offer it.

Seeing anything beyond the nose on your face is a challenge, I've heard. You're too stupid to understand the issue.

I understand the issue perfectly well. So do most Catholics, because they support the President's position on this...

You see, most Catholics know that their church is mostly full of shit, and snicker behind the backs of the men in dresses.

Most Catholics actually oppose his position, which is why Joe Biden said it was wrong.

Ummm, no, they don't..

Polls: Catholics support Obama on birth control debate | StarTribune.com

A majority of U.S. Catholics support President Obama's decision to require religious institutions to include birth control in health insurance plans, according to two new polls.

A poll by the Public Religion Research Institute in Washington, D.C., found that support among Catholics (58 percent) is higher than that of the American public overall (55 percent).

Likewise, a Public Policy Polling survey commissioned by Planned Parenthood found that Obama's position enjoys support from 56 percent of American voters. Of the Catholics polled, 53 percent agreed with the president.

The insurance providers will HAPPILY provide the coverage at no charge. They'll be absolutely giddy about it, just as they are giddy about it in the 28 states that already require them to do this.

Simply put- cost of family planning- about 600 a year.

Cost of a brith. $3000-$6000 for a natural childbirth, $10,000-$40,000 for one involving a C-section or some other complication. And that assumes a naturally healthy baby. We aren't talking about the women in their 40's who haven't realized the party's over and give birth to kids with Down Syndrome. That hundreds of thousands of dollars the insurance companies pick up.

So what Obama did was give the assholes a chance to save face. Frankly, I wouldn't have given them that much. I would tell them to shut the fuck up or the FBI was going to start seriously investigating the whole pedophile priest thing.

Sure they will, everyone loves spending $3 billion dollars for a guaranteed return of less than nothing.

Um, guy, the Insurance companies are not the ones complaining about the cost. Even the Church isn't complaining about the cost.

They just don't like the fact people use birth control.

Birth control is revenue nuetral for health insurance plans. That's why most secular plans offer it.

They are not worried about the cost because they will raise premiums to cover it. I actually got the $3 billion figure from the insurance industry, so they at least figured out how much it will cost, unlike the government who just argued that it wouldn't raise individual premiums by very much. By the way, the purpose of Obamacare is to reduce costs, not increase them, and this will increase costs despite your rhetoric otherwise. The government's own numbers show that.

I understand the issue perfectly well. So do most Catholics, because they support the President's position on this...

You see, most Catholics know that their church is mostly full of shit, and snicker behind the backs of the men in dresses.

Most Catholics actually oppose his position, which is why Joe Biden said it was wrong.

Ummm, no, they don't..

Polls: Catholics support Obama on birth control debate | StarTribune.com

A majority of U.S. Catholics support President Obama's decision to require religious institutions to include birth control in health insurance plans, according to two new polls.

A poll by the Public Religion Research Institute in Washington, D.C., found that support among Catholics (58 percent) is higher than that of the American public overall (55 percent).

Likewise, a Public Policy Polling survey commissioned by Planned Parenthood found that Obama's position enjoys support from 56 percent of American voters. Of the Catholics polled, 53 percent agreed with the president.

You pick your poll, I pick mine.

A recent national poll found that 50 percent of Americans oppose the Obama administration's mandate forcing religious groups to cover contraception in health insurance plans. The Feb. 8 Rasmussen Reports telephone poll showed that only 39 percent of Americans think the government should require Catholic institutions to pay for “birth control measures” even if Catholics are morally opposed to it. Ten percent of those who responded said they were undecided.
The analysis also indicated that 65 percent of Catholic voters oppose the mandate, along with 62 percent of Evangelical Christians and 50 percent of other Protestant denominations.

Poll finds half of Americans oppose contraception mandate

The difference is that your poll asked if religious affiliated employers should be required to provide insurance that covers contraceptives at no cost, implying it is free, which is impossible, and mine asked if they should be required to pay for something that contradicts their religious belief. Since mine reflects the real world, and yours reflects a fantasy world where people get things for free, mine actually reflects people's opinions of what the president said, not what he imagines.

Lots of Catholic faith ignorance in here.

Pretty simple rules folks.

Even the 4th graders in Catechism are able to comprehend.

Pity some of you "adults" remain ignorant

What's a "Liberal" Catholic?

Someone like Kerry, Pelosi and Kennedy? The latter is dead and he's in Purgatory on an extended vacation. Probably won't be out for quite some time

Catholics - IN or OUT. 100%

No "Liberal" bullshit allowed.

No "cafeteria style" BS.

Sorry. That's not how it works.

By the way Heathens - I am off to confession - starts at 3:30 pm EST!!

What's a "Liberal" Catholic?

Someone like Kerry, Pelosi and Kennedy? The latter is dead and he's in Purgatory on an extended vacation. Probably won't be out for quite some time

Catholics - IN or OUT. 100%

No "Liberal" bullshit allowed.

No "cafeteria style" BS.

Sorry. That's not how it works.

By the way Heathens - I am off to confession - starts at 3:30 pm EST!!
God Bless.

Democrats should continue to think this is a brilliant political victory for obama. After all, what else are they going to do? Certainly they wouldn't admit that he stepped in a big pile of shit and is covered in stink.

Aren't the 80% of Catholics that voted for Obama probably liberal?

So this would suggest that Obama may still hold onto a significant voting block, namely the Catholic vote, regardless of the "Forcing the Pope to buy a condom" snafu?

This maybe bad politics for the right after all!

So this would suggest that Obama may still hold onto a significant voting block, namely the Catholic vote, regardless of the "Forcing the Pope to buy a condom" snafu?

This 80% needs to get to confession

This 80% needs to get to confession

Actually, it wasn't 80% - it was 54%. Facts and liberals - never the twain shall meet.

It was 54%.

Are you deliberately lying? Mistaken? Or just a jack ass who couldn't be arsed to fact check before posting?

Just received the Sacrament of Confession.
AWESOME!!!!
Off to Mass at 5 for Communion!!

GREAT!!!! Being a Catholic !!!

A significant portion of the Catholic vote is Hispanic, and the GOP is doing everything in its power to continue to lose the Hispanic vote.

A significant portion of the Catholic vote is Hispanic, and the GOP is doing everything in its power to continue to lose the Hispanic vote.

The Catholic vote for Obama was 54%, not 80%.

Fucking lies being regurgitated.... still does not make them true.

Google it. Idiot.

Forum List

Back