Liberal Catholics applauding Obama's "accomodation"

You're calling the first black president a "boy"?

Oh, for heaven's sake... it's a line from a movie... the Life Of Brian - which mocks Christianity.... you fucking moron... it was a joke. Mocking my own faith.... Ranting twit.

Life of Brian (1979) - Memorable quotes

Then you admit you called the first black president of the United States "boy"? But it was only a "joke"?

Oh, you really are stretching, dweebie.... it's a quote from a movie... Context, it is something you never fail to ignore for your desperate desire to claim 'racism'. You are one of the biggest racists on this board.... you constantly see only skin color. I see the man.... the one you worship like a messiah. I ain't mocking him, little boy..... I'm mocking you.

Idiot.

73% of catholic women agreed with Obama before this new compromise. Enough for me. Calling Obama scum for this is blowing your argument, period.

No, they didn't. You don't understand the issue so you keep making it about birth control. It isn't. It is about the First Amendment.... our right to practice our religion as granted in the Constitution.

73% of catholic women agreed with Obama before this new compromise. Enough for me. Calling Obama scum for this is blowing your argument, period.

No, they didn't. You don't understand the issue so you keep making it about birth control. It isn't. It is about the First Amendment.... our right to practice our religion as granted in the Constitution.

In 28 states, this was law since 2000. In 8, even the church ad to pay.

This was a "cause" the right wing took up. They can't run on their ability to fix the economy. First, because they broke it and second because their only solution is "tax cuts". They couldn't run on their foreign police because they let Bin Laden go and Obama killed him. They can't run on education because they don't believe it's worth anything.

In fact, the only things they are good at, death, destruction, tearing things down and so on, are things they refuse to take responsibility for.

And you called the first black president a boy and then pretended you are somehow "immune" from what you are. Good luck on that. Don't one day forget and accidentally do the same to one of your black "friends". "You know I was only kidding" is so lame.

Really, what Obama has done with this comprimise is made the insurance carriers and not the church the deciders.

And since family planning is cheaper than live births - always- the insurance companies will always go for the "preventive medicine".

You are incredibly stupid, aren't you. the insurance company doesn't get to decide anything, they have to provide the coverage at no charge, something no one with a brain thinks will happen. At that point the individual makes the choice about actually using the pill. or not, the insurance company still has to pay if they get pregnant after deciding not to use the pill.

The insurance providers will HAPPILY provide the coverage at no charge. They'll be absolutely giddy about it, just as they are giddy about it in the 28 states that already require them to do this.

Simply put- cost of family planning- about 600 a year.

Cost of a brith. $3000-$6000 for a natural childbirth, $10,000-$40,000 for one involving a C-section or some other complication. And that assumes a naturally healthy baby. We aren't talking about the women in their 40's who haven't realized the party's over and give birth to kids with Down Syndrome. That hundreds of thousands of dollars the insurance companies pick up.

So what Obama did was give the assholes a chance to save face. Frankly, I wouldn't have given them that much. I would tell them to shut the fuck up or the FBI was going to start seriously investigating the whole pedophile priest thing.

NOt seeing how trying to force you stupid morality on other people is practicing your religion.

Oh,wait. I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years. THat IS your stupid religion.

I mean, it ain't like the good old days when you could torture heretics and burn witches. Now you are just reduced to trying to bully insurance companies.

Doesn't matter that it was just a shell game and Catholic institutions are still being required to pay for contraception, sterilization and abortive treatments.

The liberal Catholics just wanted Obama to say something that they could pretend was an answer to the dilemma so they could brush it under the rug and hope people forgot about it.

What's a "Liberal Catholic."

You're either in 100% - or you need to go to confession.

This isn't a "cafeteria-style" religion.

When's CNN and you other dipshits going to realize this?

Get your ass to Catachism and learn something dunce.

Oh, Bullshit. The Catholic Church winks and nods at a lot of stuff, as long as you keep sending money. Heck, they keep trying to get money out of me, and I dumped them as a religion 30 years ago.

NOt seeing how trying to force you stupid morality on other people is practicing your religion.

I mean, it ain't like the good old days when you could torture heretics and burn witches. Now you are just reduced to trying to bully insurance companies.

Seeing anything beyond the nose on your face is a challenge, I've heard. You're too stupid to understand the issue.

Seeing anything beyond the nose on your face is a challenge, I've heard. You're too stupid to understand the issue.

I understand the issue perfectly well. So do most Catholics, because they support the President's position on this...

You see, most Catholics know that their church is mostly full of shit, and snicker behind the backs of the men in dresses.

I understand the issue perfectly well. So do most Catholics, because they support the President's position on this...

You see, most Catholics know that their church is mostly full of shit, and snicker behind the backs of the men in dresses.

Yea, that makes sense. We're all attending a church we don't believe in.

Serious question... can you be any more stupid? You're in danger of reaching the dizzy heights of Rdean, TruffMocker, MrShithead and TeaPartyPrat.

Do you really think calling people "stupid" is a valid argument?

Oh, wait, you probably do.

Fact is, most Catholics realize that the clergy is full of it and ignores them. Which is why Church Attendence is down, you might go there because it's a pretty place to have a wedding, or you might send your kids to their schools because the Public schools are so awful, but you aren't going to let them run your life and in most cases, they have the good sense not to try to.

Which is why the Church hasn't excommunicated John Kerry, or Ted Kennedy (when he was alive), or any other liberal politician who didn't toe the line on Abortion and Gay rights and all the other stuff they are so concerned about.

Doesn't matter that it was just a shell game and Catholic institutions are still being required to pay for contraception, sterilization and abortive treatments.

The liberal Catholics just wanted Obama to say something that they could pretend was an answer to the dilemma so they could brush it under the rug and hope people forgot about it.

It really does not matter what 'liberal Catholics' say. What matters is what the Church itself says. They are the authority that Catholics will listen to. So far, the Church is not 'applauding' Obama's cave in. It regards his cave in as 'a first step.

Focus on the issue, not the media's spin.

If Catholics actually listened to the crackpots running their church,

98% of them wouldn't be using birth control in the first place.

The political bottom line is this, Obama will not lose any of the Catholic vote over this, period.

This is turning out to be a brilliant political victory for the president:

1. He found a compromise solution that only the people who already hate him hate.

2. He got the GOP falling back on their weakest agenda, social conservative issues.

3. He elevated Santorum's status in the GOP primary.

4. He put another nail in the coffin of the lie that he is a leftist extremist who won't compromise.

Show us the evidence he is wrong.

In 28 states, this was law since 2000. In 8, even the church ad to pay.

Not true. In fact, that is so egregious a lie that even Mathews challenged it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d59UTGDZ6qI&feature=player_embedded"]Matthews Scolds Heilemann For Regurgitating Incorrect WH Talking Pts On Catholic Contraception Issue - YouTube[/ame]

This was a "cause" the right wing took up. They can't run on their ability to fix the economy. First, because they broke it and second because their only solution is "tax cuts". They couldn't run on their foreign police because they let Bin Laden go and Obama killed him. They can't run on education because they don't believe it's worth anything.

Which explains why Senator Manchin (D-WV) called it un-American.

Manchin voices concern over birth control order | www.wsbtv.com

In fact, the only things they are good at, death, destruction, tearing things down and so on, are things they refuse to take responsibility for.

And you called the first black president a boy and then pretended you are somehow "immune" from what you are. Good luck on that. Don't one day forget and accidentally do the same to one of your black "friends". "You know I was only kidding" is so lame.

The fact that you have to play the race card, that you are so far out of touch that MSNBC calls you out, and Democrats are calling it un American proves just how wrong you are this time. Tuck your tail between your legs and go home.

It really does not matter what 'liberal Catholics' say. What matters is what the Church itself says. They are the authority that Catholics will listen to. So far, the Church is not 'applauding' Obama's cave in. It regards his cave in as 'a first step.

Focus on the issue, not the media's spin.

If Catholics actually listened to the crackpots running their church,

98% of them wouldn't be using birth control in the first place.

The political bottom line is this, Obama will not lose any of the Catholic vote over this, period.

This is turning out to be a brilliant political victory for the president:

1. He found a compromise solution that only the people who already hate him hate.

2. He got the GOP falling back on their weakest agenda, social conservative issues.

3. He elevated Santorum's status in the GOP primary.

4. He put another nail in the coffin of the lie that he is a leftist extremist who won't compromise.

All you prove is that you don't understand Catholicism. Not your fault, there is no reason for you to understand a faith you do not follow. But I do follow it. I do understand it. Contraception is against the Church's Doctrine. However, individual Catholics are left to make their own decisions - guided by their conscience, and their personal relationship with God. The Church is not a dictatorship, it is a faith - and people choose to follow it of their own free will. Therefore, how many Catholics use contraception is not an issue for the Church. It is an issue for the individual and God.

The bottom line is this.... ever poll that asks the right question... that of whether the Church and its related organizations, charities, etc should be forced to provide something that is against its own doctrine, the vote is overwhelmingly 'No'.

The other bottom line is this. It is not about birth control, no matter how much you want it to be. The Churches are focused on their First Amendment Right.... that is how Christians see it (not just Catholics), that is how many Jewish organizations see it, that is how many Muslim organizations see it, that is how many atheist groups see it. It has nothing to do with birth control, and everything to do with our First Amendment Rights.

You tell yourself whatever you need to.... 'politically brilliant' isn't washing with those who are defending their First Amendment Rights.

Oh and... we're all aware that the only reason he's 'accommodating' is because it's an election year. We aren't stupid, even if you are. Your messiah instructs you to refer to this compromise as an 'accommodation', btw.

Last edited:
Really, what Obama has done with this comprimise is made the insurance carriers and not the church the deciders.

And since family planning is cheaper than live births - always- the insurance companies will always go for the "preventive medicine".

You are incredibly stupid, aren't you. the insurance company doesn't get to decide anything, they have to provide the coverage at no charge, something no one with a brain thinks will happen. At that point the individual makes the choice about actually using the pill. or not, the insurance company still has to pay if they get pregnant after deciding not to use the pill.

The insurance providers will HAPPILY provide the coverage at no charge. They'll be absolutely giddy about it, just as they are giddy about it in the 28 states that already require them to do this.

Simply put- cost of family planning- about 600 a year.

Cost of a brith. $3000-$6000 for a natural childbirth, $10,000-$40,000 for one involving a C-section or some other complication. And that assumes a naturally healthy baby. We aren't talking about the women in their 40's who haven't realized the party's over and give birth to kids with Down Syndrome. That hundreds of thousands of dollars the insurance companies pick up.

So what Obama did was give the assholes a chance to save face. Frankly, I wouldn't have given them that much. I would tell them to shut the fuck up or the FBI was going to start seriously investigating the whole pedophile priest thing.

Sure they will, everyone loves spending $3 billion dollars for a guaranteed return of less than nothing.

Most Catholics actually oppose his position, which is why Joe Biden said it was wrong.

Forum List

Back