Liberal Catholics applauding Obama's "accomodation"

I understand the issue perfectly well. So do most Catholics, because they support the President's position on this...

You see, most Catholics know that their church is mostly full of shit, and snicker behind the backs of the men in dresses.

Most Catholics actually oppose his position, which is why Joe Biden said it was wrong.

Ummm, no, they don't..

Polls: Catholics support Obama on birth control debate | StarTribune.com

A majority of U.S. Catholics support President Obama's decision to require religious institutions to include birth control in health insurance plans, according to two new polls.

A poll by the Public Religion Research Institute in Washington, D.C., found that support among Catholics (58 percent) is higher than that of the American public overall (55 percent).

Likewise, a Public Policy Polling survey commissioned by Planned Parenthood found that Obama's position enjoys support from 56 percent of American voters. Of the Catholics polled, 53 percent agreed with the president.

Now check the polls about religions being forced to pay for birth control against their doctrine.... because that's the polls that matter, dumbass.

Aren't the 80% of Catholics that voted for Obama probably liberal?

So this would suggest that Obama may still hold onto a significant voting block, namely the Catholic vote, regardless of the "Forcing the Pope to buy a condom" snafu?

This maybe bad politics for the right after all!

This 80% needs to get to confession

Actually, it wasn't 80% - it was 54%. Facts and liberals - never the twain shall meet.

I heard it was 80% of Catholics that voted for Obama. If it was 54% percent then I was mistaken.

Even so, that is alot of Catholics voting for the left when you consider its anti-life, and pro-marriage stances. One would think that it should be about 5 or 10%. 50% voting for Obama in 2008 still suggests that this maybe bad politics for the right.

This 80% needs to get to confession

Actually, it wasn't 80% - it was 54%. Facts and liberals - never the twain shall meet.

I heard it was 80% of Catholics that voted for Obama. If it was 54% percent then I was mistaken.

Even so, that is alot of Catholics voting for the left when you consider its anti-life, and pro-marriage stances. One would think that it should be about 5 or 10%. 50% voting for Obama in 2008 still suggests that this maybe bad politics for the right.

No doubt the liberal media tell you it was 80%. It was 54%. Every legitimate source will confirm that figure.

It was round about the same percentage that voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004.

Nobody should care what the church has to say. Does the pope run this country? No he does not.

Catholics care, because he is the spiritual leader of our Church. And, fyi, the Pope has said nothing about this. The Catholic Cardinal Designate, Timothy Dolan, is the head of the Catholic Church in the United States. And he is the one who has spoken. And he said Obama lied to him. That's not good - from a Catholic perspective.... it's kind of disrespectful to lie to our Cardinal Designate just because you need the Church to support your dumbassed AHA.... and then to attempt to throw the Church under the bus when he had no further need of its support.

No one.... not even the damned President... throws the Catholic Church under the bus.

I hope that's clear.

Unless you want to invade and occupy Iraq, then it is acceptable to throw them under.......so it's clear as mud.

Now check the polls about religions being forced to pay for birth control against their doctrine.... because that's the polls that matter, dumbass.

We are all still waiting for you to tell us what kind of Birth Control you use... NY Carbiner and I have a bet.

:lol::lol::lol:

Since that isn't really the issue here, it doesn't matter. CHurches are exempt. Businesses are not.

I might also add that the Catholic Bishops were ALL FOR ObamaCare when they thought they were going to make money for it. They fought for it and got it passed.

I guess they needed to pass it to find out what was in it.

Nobody should care what the church has to say. Does the pope run this country? No he does not.

Catholics care, because he is the spiritual leader of our Church. And, fyi, the Pope has said nothing about this. The Catholic Cardinal Designate, Timothy Dolan, is the head of the Catholic Church in the United States. And he is the one who has spoken. And he said Obama lied to him. That's not good - from a Catholic perspective.... it's kind of disrespectful to lie to our Cardinal Designate just because you need the Church to support your dumbassed AHA.... and then to attempt to throw the Church under the bus when he had no further need of its support.

No one.... not even the damned President... throws the Catholic Church under the bus.

I hope that's clear.

Unless you want to invade and occupy Iraq, then it is acceptable to throw them under.......so it's clear as mud.

The Catholic Church was against the war in Iraq.

Another fail.

Twit.

The Catholic Church was against the war in Iraq.

Another fail.

Twit.

And where were the Catholic Bishops insisting that Good Catholics should refuse to pay their taxes as long as their government was engaged in an unjust war?

And somehow, I don't think you headed their call and went down to an anti-war rally.

That's the irony here. The Bishops seem to have adjustable moral outrage, but not really adjustable to the magnitude of what his happening.

Pedophile Priests rate a 1.
Unjust Wars get you up to a 4.
But, man, some women actually CHOSING whether she wants to have a baby or not. Crank that up to 11, baby!!!!!

Forum List

Back