Liberal book burners get "Huck Finn" Banned at Philadelphia school

The book hasn't been banned it's just not being taught. A story about an abused white boy helped to escape an abusive father by a runaway slave the boy is protecting is so politically incorrect that it gives liberals ulcers.

The book hasn't been banned it's just not being taught. A story about an abused white boy helped to escape an abusive father by a runaway slave the boy is protecting is so politically incorrect that it gives liberals ulcers.

LOL......Conservatives once again object to religious freedom when a religious institution doesn't teach what Conservatives think it should teach....

LOL......Conservatives once again object to religious freedom when a religious institution doesn't teach what Conservatives think it should teach....

Conservatives don't care about Buddhism or Hinduism or Judaism religions, but you don't see them objecting to them to refuse those immigrants, which makes your spin statement logical fallacy. Get your facts straight religious cop, instead of shooting your mouth off half cocked. Better to let a few be inconvenienced for a while to wait, in order to save our own.

Besides, what do you care about god and religion anyway? You're just getting on the religion bandwagon because its about being anti-conservative. If conservatives agree on doing something collectively, the liberal must oppose it, even if you never cared about it such as god and religion. If conservatives all agreed on only eating fish, then the libs would protest and say that the creatures of the sea will become extinct and make nature imbalanced.

a1ea07f516866c14e96132dccfc00ecd.jpg

20716_s_save-water-save-life.jpg

This has nothing to do with religion. It's the racial nature of the subject matter. Religion isn't mentioned in Huckleberry Finn.

The teacher is too poor to adequately teach the meaning of the relationship between Huck and Jim and what that meant at the time this book was written.

Huck Finn is a great story and should be taught in American Literature, but whatever. There are only so many books you can read in 4 years, and the Frederick Douglass book I'm sure is well worth the time.

Would be a shame if nothing by Mark Twain is read, though. One of the greatest American writers ever.

Huck Finn is a great story and should be taught in American Literature, but whatever. There are only so many books you can read in 4 years, and the Frederick Douglass book I'm sure is well worth the time.

Would be a shame if nothing by Mark Twain is read, though. One of the greatest American writers ever.

Not one of the greatest....The Greatest....and if the liberals had the sense to understand Huckleberry Finn, they would understand Twain was taking the side of the Blacks...ridiculing the thinking of the Whites in the period he was writing about.

It was pure genius, the best literature America has produced...along with a Mississippi boy named William Faulkner...and dumb-asses today are too poorly educated to understand what they are reading.

What a shame. You know America is fucked when Mark Twain is taboo.

Why don't they go after Quintin Tarantino....a true liberal cocksucker...he used the N-word way more than Twain ever did in just one movie...Django Unchained. He was ridiculing the old Southerners & their way of life...just like Twain was.

Because they are uneducated Fools.

Not one of the greatest....The Greatest....and if the liberals had the sense to understand Huckleberry Finn, they would understand Twain was taking the side of the Blacks...ridiculing the thinking of the Whites in the period he was writing about.

It was pure genius, the best literature America has produced...along with a Mississippi boy named William Faulkner...and dumb-asses today are too poorly educated to understand what they are reading.

Why don't they go after Quintin Tarantino....a true liberal cocksucker...he used the N-word way more than Twain ever did in just one movie...Django Unchained. He was ridiculing the old Southerners & their way of life...just like Twain was.

I completely agree. But some students were "uncomfortable".

Liberals are so screwed up with their lack of education, they think Stonewall Jackson was a racist.

I completely agree. But some students were "uncomfortable".
Because they are ignorant.

It really isn't high school material. It is college level. It really has things going on that are too complicated for most kids.

The whole business between widow Douglas, Jim and Huck's obligations to her, and to him are just way too much.

It really isn't high school material. It is college level. It really has things going on that are too complicated for most kids.

The whole business between widow Douglas, Jim and Huck's obligations to her, and to him are just way too much.
Most people don't take literature in college. Huckleberry Finn is a great book for 11th graders to read. They should not in my opinion miss the opportunity to read it by putting it off to college. There is way too much dumbing down of the children and teaching to dumb ass standardized tests in this nation.

Last edited:
"The American Negro will not be truly free until the word, n!gger, no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin, speaking at Columbia University, September, 1974.)

"The American Negro will not be truly free until the word, n!gger, no longer troubles him. Because the striking of chains and the death of Jim Crow does not free the mind." (James Baldwin, speaking at Columbia University, September, 1974.)
In Montgomery County PA I'm guessing it may be white students who were uncomfortable with the word.

Racial makeup of the school is 77% white, 12% black. Odds are 3 to 1 white students were the main complainents. 11th grade is not too young to read Huck Finn, especially at a gifted and talented school.

Besides, what do you care about god and religion anyway? You're just getting on the religion bandwagon because its about being anti-conservative.

Well that is an interesting point? What do I care about 'god and religion'? I am a liberal atheist- I don't believe in god- but as a liberal- I believe that everyone has the right to worship- or not worship as they please- and I believe in the right of religious schools to teach how they will teach.

Yes- I did bring up the point that this was a decision by a religious school to point out the hypocrisy of the RWNJ's in this thread. Notice not one of the RWNJ even acknowledged that this was a decision by a religious school to change its curriculum based upon the school's religious philosophy- the RWNJ only pretend to care about censorship or religious freedom- when it is convenient.

If this was a Evangelical Christian school banning "Harry Potter"- none of them would have said a thing. But instead the RWNJ who started this thread lied just to attack liberals- no book was banned- no one is suggesting burning any books- and all of the RWNJ's fellow traveller's defend his lies.

And attack a religious school for deciding to change it's curriculum.

Oh yes indeed- I support religious freedom- and I enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy of the RWNJ's when it comes to religion and censorship.

Forum List

Back