"Free speech tolerant liberals," banning books. That is right. Huckleberry Finn, banned.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
A suburban Philadelphia school expelled “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” from its curriculum over the book’s overuse of the N-word.

The Friends’ Central School removed the Mark Twain classic from the 11th-grade American literature class last week after students said it made them feel uncomfortable, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

“We have all come to the conclusion that the community costs of reading this book in 11th grade outweigh the literary benefits,” principal Art Hall said in a letter to parents.

Hall said students were challenged by the use of the racial slur, and felt the school was not being inclusive enough.

The politically correct crowd just got a great American novel banned | New York Post

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures...im-free-the-time-he-was-mark-twain-371698.jpg

That is just horrific. AhhhhhhhhH!!!!!

Of course, you think any of these places of brainwashing will ban this?

nas_kelis_grammy_outfit-0-0-0x0-550x7913.jpeg
dr-dre-song-lyrics.jpg

c0231e1d2cb887b310022a358f7a9a6f4c4f53da95403851eb91c469b097a25c.jpg

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday folks. When I say liberal, know that I am talking the hypocritical left. Which, are not liberal at all. Just so that you understand.

Last edited:
When it was published it was banned because is showed a friendship between a white boy a black man (former slave).

But it has long been banned in some schools for different reasons. Poor little snowflakes will melt over a word.

Fuck um'

Jim was more moral than the various white adults, including Huck's Pap, the two meet. Huck is conflicted and resents humbling himself by apologizing to a black man. Faulkner used the same themes in Intruder in the Dust, which was much darker. Twain had Huck decide to light out for Indian Territory to avoid being "civilized," while in Intruder, Chick still struggles with the question of how whites may obtain reconciliation with whites. As did Faulkner.

I'm not sure that Huck is really suitable for children not in college. And, in today's colleges, possibly not even there. Faulkner's time passed, and the time for whites voluntarily seeking reconciliation passed before Faulkner.

Huckleberry Finned isn't banned. The students did not feel comfortable reading it as part of their assignment. They can still check it out of the school library or buy their own copy.
You are dealing with a racist teaper...they make up their news to satisfy their need for hate.

Jim was more moral than the various white adults, including Huck's Pap, the two meet. Huck is conflicted and resents humbling himself by apologizing to a black man. Faulkner used the same themes in Intruder in the Dust, which was much darker. Twain had Huck decide to light out for Indian Territory to avoid being "civilized," while in Intruder, Chick still struggles with the question of how whites may obtain reconciliation with whites. As did Faulkner.

I'm not sure that Huck is really suitable for children not in college. And, in today's colleges, possibly not even there. Faulkner's time passed, and the time for whites voluntarily seeking reconciliation passed before Faulkner.

Nah.. I read it in HS..... no worries.

Nah.. I read it in HS..... no worries.
Ah, but the blacks would gripe because they didn't see the irony. (not that blacks in general are more or less ironically intolerant that whites)

The irony is that they lecture everyone about how these books were banned by 'conservatives' because they offended someone. Now they ban the same book because it offended someone. It should make one wonder if these are real liberals.

A suburban Philadelphia school expelled “Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” from its curriculum over the book’s overuse of the N-word.

The Friends’ Central School removed the Mark Twain classic from the 11th-grade American literature class last week after students said it made them feel uncomfortable, the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.

“We have all come to the conclusion that the community costs of reading this book in 11th grade outweigh the literary benefits,” principal Art Hall said in a letter to parents.

Hall said students were challenged by the use of the racial slur, and felt the school was not being inclusive enough.

The politically correct crowd just got a great American novel banned | New York Post

I think that banning Huck Finn because of hits language is just stupid.

BUT- that said- religious schools ban all sorts of books for what I consider to be stupid reasons.

The irony is that they lecture everyone about how these books were banned by 'conservatives' because they offended someone. Now they ban the same book because it offended someone. It should make one wonder if these are real liberals.

Except of course- the book is not banned.

You can find all sorts of things out if you actually read the articles cited- rather than just the headline.

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures...im-free-the-time-he-was-mark-twain-371698.jpg

dr-dre-song-lyrics.jpg

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday folks. When I say liberal, know that I am talking the hypocritical left. Which, are not liberal at all. Just so that you understand.

Do you support American students being taught the Koran?

good grief, they hear that word a 1000 times if they are listening to RAPclap music or watching MTV.

these people who believes they have to RUN every aspect of people's lives.

no wonder they are on these campuses shrieking about their "safe space" from bad and mean words.

in this day and age. if you can homeschool. guberment schools are becoming little Commie camps.

why can't they tear out all the bad pages? it was that aunt polly wasn't it ? i knew she was trouble......

dr-dre-song-lyrics.jpg

Do you support American students being taught the Koran?

As long as schools can opt to teach the bible if they so desire.

I personally think Huckleberry Finn is overrated as a piece of literature TODAY. At the time it was groundbreaking. I'm not sure that the stupid kids today can make much out of it.

Forum List

Back