Liberal Bogosity: "The Wall Has To Forcibly Cross Private Property"

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
One of the objections by Democrats over Comrade Trump's border wall is that it would have to cross private property and pristine landscapes.

Gosh, I hope we never need a two thousand mile long transcontinental railroad!

And we'd be totally screwed if we ever needed to build 46,876 miles of interstate highways!

Oh, wait...

One of the objections by Democrats over Comrade Trump's border wall is that it would have to cross private property and pristine landscapes.

And we'd be totally screwed if we ever needed to build 46,876 miles of interstate highways!

Oh, wait...
I was under the impression all the rights of way had been cleared, since the Clinton era bill that was never funded.

Oh, wait...
I was under the impression all the rights of way had been cleared, since the Clinton era bill that was never funded.
Private property rights have never been of concern to Democrats. After all, they spend so much time trying to prove rich people don't deserve their money and that it is okay to take it from them.

This latest argument over the wall and property rights is hypocritical and totally illogical.

Oh, wait...
In a case like this where beloved homesteads are involved, there never seemed to be a situation that a little bit of MONEY couldn't solve.

Oh, wait...
Private property rights have never been of concern to Democrats. After all, they spend so much time trying to prove rich people don't deserve their money and that it is okay to take it from them.

This latest argument over the wall and property rights is hypocritical and totally illogical.
None of their arguments make a lot of sense, because the only reason for their flat refusal is that they're obstructing the Republicans tit for tat and playing politics rather than doing what's best for the country's pocketbook and security.
It's payback. It's not right but that's what it is.

Oh, wait...
Eminent domain: What is it, and why is it important for Trump's border wall?
I heard wrong. 2/3 of the land is privately owned and they estimate it will cost 21M to settle the claims that have lain dormant since 2007, when the wall was first approved, but the new ones? No one knows.

Oh, wait...
Eminent domain: What is it, and why is it important for Trump's border wall?
I heard wrong. 2/3 of the land is privately owned and they estimate it will cost 21M to settle the claims that have lain dormant since 2007, when the wall was first approved, but the new ones? No one knows.
The Democrats have already signed off on a lot of funding for border security over the years.

And yet Republicans have blocked immigration reform for two decades. Even Bush tried to get immigration reform passed, but was blocked by a few hardheaded assholes.

I don't really blame the Democrats for creating their own wall of resistance at this point.

It's time for some give and take.

But this private property argument is bogus.

Oh, wait...

To be fair, I have never heard anybody argue against the wall because it would be crossing pristine landscape, but then again, I really am not sure why they are opposed to it. Except for the fact that Trump wants it, so they don’t.

Oh, wait...

To be fair, I have never heard anybody argue against the wall because it would be crossing pristine landscape, but then again, I really am not sure why they are opposed to it. Except for the fact that Trump wants it, so they don’t.
The Democrats have recently been making the private property argument.

And as it turns out, one of our forum members has been parroting this new party line right here on this forum: Trump + GOP forcibly taking Americans land .

Crossing pristine landscape: The enormous and irreparable impact Trump's wall will have on wildlife

More: Perspective | I voted for Trump. Now his wall may destroy my butterfly paradise.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/appropriators-dont-mess-texas-landowners-border-wall

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-border-wall-mexico-texas-private-land-use-2017-9

Oh, wait...

And as it turns out, one of our forum members has been parroting this new party line right here on this forum: Trump + GOP forcibly taking Americans land .

Crossing pristine landscape: The enormous and irreparable impact Trump's wall will have on wildlife

More: Perspective | I voted for Trump. Now his wall may destroy my butterfly paradise.

Don’t Mess With Texas Landowners on Border Wall, Lawmakers Warn

One section of Trump's US-Mexico border wall could prompt 'decades of court cases' from private landowners

Honestly, I feel those “private and pristine land” arguments are not about protecting land. If that was their issue, it would have been stated months ago.

This is not at all like highways or rail roads, because a lot of the border with Mexico is the Rio Grande river, so you can't build on the border, and instead have to take land on higher ground.
Another problem is that people do not mind being near highways or even rail road tracks that much, but would mind being shadowed by a 30' wall.
And since the border is a river, it zigzags quite a bit, and to save money, they are proposing to cut straight across private land, cutting some fields, farms, and home acreage in half.

Oh, wait...

me being a Texan, Conservatives rule the state .. you want to piss off Texans try and take their private property. The biggest ranch I've ever been on was 26 square miles. The owner has been touted in Texas Parks and Wildlife monthly magazine for his ranch stewardship, and has a lot of pride and time invested in his pristine dirt. He will have who ever trys to move 1 single fence post of his in court longer that their grandchildren will be alive.

Oh, wait...

me being a Texan, Conservatives rule the state .. you want to piss off Texans try and take their private property. The biggest ranch I've ever been on was 26 square miles. The owner has been touted in Texas Parks and Wildlife monthly magazine for his ranch stewardship, and has a lot of pride and time invested in his pristine dirt. He will have who ever trys to move 1 single fence post of his in court longer that their grandchildren will be alive.

Okay, yes, but consider those particular Texans are RIGHT on the border and are probably seeing illegals cross on the daily. So they might be a little more amenable to having a border wall built IF the gov't offers them a fair deal.

Oh, wait...

The Envirowhackos will buy up and destroy your "private property" if there's some obscure endangered beetle on it. They don't care about private property. They will destroy your property for frogs, snakes, turtles or any little crawling creature they want. Oh, except unborn humans of course. They love to advocate to kill those, but that's another story.....

Oh, wait...

Don’t Mess With Texas Landowners on Border Wall, Lawmakers Warn

One section of Trump's US-Mexico border wall could prompt 'decades of court cases' from private landowners

Honestly, I feel those “private and pristine land” arguments are not about protecting land. If that was their issue, it would have been stated months ago.

It was stated years ago.

Oh, wait...

Okay, yes, but consider those particular Texans are RIGHT on the border and are probably seeing illegals cross on the daily. So they might be a little more amenable to having a border wall built IF the gov't offers them a fair deal.
My Uncle owns a farm in Texas. He and his neighbors are not amenable to notin. And rightly so.

Oh, wait...

My Uncle owns a farm in Texas. He and his neighbors are not amenable to notin. And rightly so.

On the Mexican border then?

Yes Mam.

Yes Mam.

Right on the border is his farm, then.

Uh-huh

Forum List

Back