Liberal and Black Faux Argument Head-Scratcher

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
If black Americans commit 49.3% of all murders and account for 51.5% of all violent crime among juveniles, yet there are almost two white Americans killed by the police for every black American (2,151 vs. 1130 over 12 years), then aren’t black Americans actually less likely to be killed by police than you’d expect given the crime statistics?

FBI Table 43

It is amazing the 15% of the population commits 50% of the murders and OVER 50% of violence crimes, yet 2x the amount of whites are killed by police than blacks!

If black Americans commit 49.3% of all murders and account for 51.5% of all violent crime among juveniles, yet there are almost two white Americans killed by the police for every black American (2,151 vs. 1130 over 12 years), then aren’t black Americans actually less likely to be killed by police than you’d expect given the crime statistics?

FBI Table 43

It is amazing the 15% of the population commits 50% of the murders and OVER 50% of violence crimes, yet 2x the amount of whites are killed by police than blacks!
I believe that it's the circumstances surrounding the incidences where cops kill blacks that are at the core of the media attention. Also, we are exposed to more videos of blacks being killed than we are of whites being killed. In my opinion, it's the media attention that's generating the misconceptions and fueling the fires.

In many cases I wonder if some of these murders aren't simply better skilled "thugs" defending themselves from other "thugs".

I think there are a lot of blacks in prison that shouldn't be.

First of all there are no reliable statistics on how many people are killed by police anywhere, your link gives none of the numbers you listed.

Next the figures are for people "arrested" for violent crimes. Which the table shows blacks being arrested for 38% of the violent crimes. All that leads to conclude is that blacks are targeted for arrest more frequently than whites, not that they actually commit violent crimes more often.

FBI Table 43

82.3% of Internet statistics are made up on the spot

Forum List

Back