Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Leaders that believe the party is more important then the principles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
If you are like me you favor leadership that believes in principles closer to your own principles.
Therefore which political party seems to follow your principles, --not ideology-- but principles.
Principles like the primary role of the United States is for a common defense. Principles like the 50 states are made up of a majority of people with the same background, ethnicity, economic levels, and as such the states delivery better government then a national elitist from the Federal government, i.e. a bureaucrat.
The purpose of this poll is to find out how many people on this forum are truly driven by fundamental "principles" with party ideology a distant second.

If you are like me you favor leadership that believes in principles closer to your own principles.
Therefore which political party seems to follow your principles, --not ideology-- but principles.
Principles like the primary role of the United States is for a common defense. Principles like the 50 states are made up of a majority of people with the same background, ethnicity, economic levels, and as such the states delivery better government then a national elitist from the Federal government, i.e. a bureaucrat.
The purpose of this poll is to find out how many people on this forum are truly driven by fundamental "principles" with party ideology a distant second.
Pro-America representation. Fair, equal, and just representation. Freedom, liberty, and justice. Fair taxation. National security. A modern and well maintained infrastructure. Affordable health care for everyone. Living wage self-supporting employment for everyone in our work force. The care and support of our elderly, the handicapped, the Vets, the disabled, the children, and the poor and needy. Fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade. Wise use of tax dollars. Well guarded and secure borders. Affordable higher education. The development of alternative energy sources. Investments in the sciences, environment, and technology. A judicial system that is actually one of true justice. A well controlled and monitored law enforcement membership. A government absent of corruption and abuse of power. Equal rights. A government that operates within a strict budget.

I am NOT a Republican, Democrat, Moderate, Conservative, Liberal, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America, period. Therefore, I do NOT believe in party politics, division, a divided public, nor in political platforms that do not include the best interests of this once great nation and her citizens as a whole. I strongly believe in a government by the people, and for the people. I strongly believe in taxation with representation. I strongly believe in the power of the people to keep the government in check.

I am totally against what we have today disguised as a government by the people and for the people. I am totally against our government acting as an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. I am totally against a Lobbyists controlled U.S. Congress, such as we have today. I am totally against supporting foreign governments and their economies while sacrificing ours. In other words, what we have today is anything but representative and good for this nation and her citizens.

The "principles" you mention sound more like Ideology to me.

Both parties have different ideologies.

Both parities have conflict between ideologues who focus on policy and Partisans who just want to win.

THe opposite of Principle should be Partisan, not Ideology.

I'm an American blue collar worker. Where is my political party?

The Republicans, who hate unions and want to silence my voice when I demand a safe work place and a living wage?

Or the Democrats who shipped our good jobs overseas for the monetary benefit of the economic elite?

With two corporate parties and no party for the people it's no wonder the nation is in decline.

Neither.

Politicians who are ideologues are no better than politicians that put party loyalty above the country (and the electorate) they are elected into office to represent.

Pro-America representation. Fair, equal, and just representation. Freedom, liberty, and justice. Fair taxation. National security. A modern and well maintained infrastructure. Affordable health care for everyone. Living wage self-supporting employment for everyone in our work force. The care and support of our elderly, the handicapped, the Vets, the disabled, the children, and the poor and needy. Fair, equal, and balanced foreign trade. Wise use of tax dollars. Well guarded and secure borders. Affordable higher education. The development of alternative energy sources. Investments in the sciences, environment, and technology. A judicial system that is actually one of true justice. A well controlled and monitored law enforcement membership. A government absent of corruption and abuse of power. Equal rights. A government that operates within a strict budget.

I am NOT a Republican, Democrat, Moderate, Conservative, Liberal, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America, period. Therefore, I do NOT believe in party politics, division, a divided public, nor in political platforms that do not include the best interests of this once great nation and her citizens as a whole. I strongly believe in a government by the people, and for the people. I strongly believe in taxation with representation. I strongly believe in the power of the people to keep the government in check.

I am totally against what we have today disguised as a government by the people and for the people. I am totally against our government acting as an entity unto itself, answerable to no one except itself. I am totally against a Lobbyists controlled U.S. Congress, such as we have today. I am totally against supporting foreign governments and their economies while sacrificing ours. In other words, what we have today is anything but representative and good for this nation and her citizens.

So I would take it you are a potential member of the "Principles Party" which is something that doesn't exist yet but maybe
you and I can form?
Rather then following a party platform made up of items that are ideologically driven, i.e. minimum wage because that appeals
to voters, the "Principles Party" starts with some basic principles we all can agree on.
For one... the United States of America constitution calls for the "common defense"... something I agree with.
A principle not in though is the "Golden Rule"...i.e. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you".
To me that is one of several principles that would be agreed upon as the building block of the "Principles Party".
Another principle that should be part of it is as the Hippocratic Oath states "First do no harm"...so should the "Principles Party".
For example nearly $1.5 trillion a year spent on federal regulation compliances some as idiotic as the current EPA
regulating puddles of water! "Really"???
YES!
“The rule, for example, is meant to clarify that federal agencies won’t regulate features like intermittent waterways or wetlands that don’t connect to a larger body of water,” she said. “The rule also wouldn’t affect artificial lakes and ponds, grass swales and depressions from construction and other activity that fill with water.”
EPA Grants Itself Power To Regulate Ponds Ditches Puddles The Daily Caller
REALLY????
Come on now...
But the "Principles Party" members don't have the need to manage puddles!

So I would take it you are a potential member of the "Principles Party" which is something that doesn't exist yet but maybe
you and I can form?
Rather then following a party platform made up of items that are ideologically driven, i.e. minimum wage because that appeals
to voters, the "Principles Party" starts with some basic principles we all can agree on.
For one... the United States of America constitution calls for the "common defense"... something I agree with.
A principle not in though is the "Golden Rule"...i.e. "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you".
To me that is one of several principles that would be agreed upon as the building block of the "Principles Party".
Another principle that should be part of it is as the Hippocratic Oath states "First do no harm"...so should the "Principles Party".
For example nearly $1.5 trillion a year spent on federal regulation compliances some as idiotic as the current EPA
regulating puddles of water! "Really"???
YES!
“The rule, for example, is meant to clarify that federal agencies won’t regulate features like intermittent waterways or wetlands that don’t connect to a larger body of water,” she said. “The rule also wouldn’t affect artificial lakes and ponds, grass swales and depressions from construction and other activity that fill with water.”
EPA Grants Itself Power To Regulate Ponds Ditches Puddles The Daily Caller
REALLY????
Come on now...
But the "Principles Party" members don't have the need to manage puddles!
I believe that I clearly stated my position in my response to your root article. If you don't mind, I'll let it stand and speak for itself.

Principled, but not to the point of complete retardation. There comes a point in life when you realize that some battles are more important than others.
For instance, fag debates vs budget debates. Most of you haven't figured that out yet however.

Is their a politician today who puts principle before party? I am unaware of any.

I favor truth, justice and the American way

Really? You hate the SOuth. THat's a big part of America.

And you won't admit it. That's the a big truth that you don't favor.

Justice? Hating people for no reason? THat's not justice.

The America Way? Then why vote for the Candidate that promises "radial transformation" of America?

The America Way? Then why vote for the Candidate that promises "radial transformation" of America?

I said...the American way

NEXT!

I said...the American way

NEXT!

And I pointed out that your actions do not match that.

We can tell who the young-uns is around here....

I don't care about social issues. I just want lower taxes and less government.

Forum List

Back