Letterman the victim of extortion attempt

Letterman, and CBS, are in potential legal trouble over this - and he knows it.

The $2 million extortion case will be a minor side show if he has not gotten in front of the potential lawsuits that could be coming down the pike for him and the network.

He has either already paid off these women to keep them "happy", or is going to right-quick.

The trial could damage Letterman immensely, as it could reveal him to be a leacherous abuser of his authority over women on his staff.

It will either go away for him at the cost of $$$$, or his career will crash and burn at the cost of even more $$$$$....

He doesn't have to pay anyone off. He said last night that they can talk if they want to or not if they don't. He intends to protect them and his family so he isn't naming names or telling people who or what happened. They are free to do so.

He did the right thing.

Ame®icano;1574963 said:
I was wondering when someone would bring up this truth. The extortionist is the criminal, not Letterman.

Nobody's saying Letterman is a criminal.

He's just a guy who hires woman if they sleep with him.

Are you defending someone like that?
I doubt Letterman has any supervisory position over anyone that he's slept with. Entertainers are not supervisors.

I think you are probably right that he does not have a supervisory role, but I imagine that if Dave said, "Joan must go", that Joan would be there twenty minutes later.

Immie

Letterman is the first and final say on his show - he owns it.

He has been married to his wife since last year - but they have been together since 1986. His son was born in 2003.

Attempting to spin this as "a single guy having sex with women" is a gross misrepresentation.

It appears far more likely Letterman has been engaging in regular sexual relations with women on his staff behind the back of the woman and mother of his child who he has been in a relationship with for over 20 years...

So the dried up, unfunny, old slime ball admitted to having sex with more than one staffer. His "confession" last night was downright disgusting. His monologue opened with "skunk" humor, then he tried to insult everyone else to make himself look less culpable, then Paul Shaffer and the band played "Bitch" as the monologue fadeout.

Hopefully, this will turn out to be a very smart beginning for the extortionist and other "victims" of Letterman, the fool.

No matter what happens to the extortionist, the other women involved with the dirty old man who has confessed, can carry out book and movie deals which will bring them FAR more than 2 Mil.

I'm happy for the sweet victory this gives Palin and her young daughter!!! Palin now has a few jokes on Letterman.

Hey, Letterman, did this occur during breaks (like halftime) in your show? Was it rape?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

He has been married to his wife since last year - but they have been together since 1986. His son was born in 2003.

Attempting to spin this as "a single guy having sex with women" is a gross misrepresentation.

It appears far more likely Letterman has been engaging in regular sexual relations with women on his staff behind the back of the woman and mother of his child who he has been in a relationship with for over 20 years...

It's amazing to watch women on here defending that whore of man who has cheated on his significant other. I wonder how they would feel if their significant other had done the same thing. All because he's a leftie, they'll show themselves to be fools by trying to defend his actions. Amazing.

Letterman, and CBS, are in potential legal trouble over this - and he knows it.

The $2 million extortion case will be a minor side show if he has not gotten in front of the potential lawsuits that could be coming down the pike for him and the network.

He has either already paid off these women to keep them "happy", or is going to right-quick.

The trial could damage Letterman immensely, as it could reveal him to be a leacherous abuser of his authority over women on his staff.

It will either go away for him at the cost of $$$$, or his career will crash and burn at the cost of even more $$$$$....

He doesn't have to pay anyone off. He said last night that they can talk if they want to or not if they don't. He intends to protect them and his family so he isn't naming names or telling people who or what happened. They are free to do so.

He did the right thing.

Letterman went to DA or the police and that's the right thing.

Letterman had sex with his stuffers is not the right thing.

I suspect the only reason some of you people are down on Letterman is because he cracks jokes about St Sarah, the patron saint of bimbos and media whores.

It's amazing to watch women on here defending that whore of man who has cheated on his significant other. I wonder how they would feel if their significant other had done the same thing. All because he's a leftie, they'll show themselves to be fools by trying to defend his actions. Amazing.

Very true.

The $2 mill. extortion case is quickly becoming the secondary story here.

What people are now wondering about is how many women were subjected to this on Letterman's staff? Did he utilize his power over the show and his influence in the industry to secure these trysts? Has anyone been paid to keep quiet?

And it deserves repeating - he has been in a relationship with his current wife for over 20 years and the father to their child for nearly seven years.

Letterman's behavior is at best, reckless and insensitive - at worse, something far more sinister.

This trial will bring it all out - and he knows that. His schtick last night was to get in front of the story and then minimize it in his mocking manner.

He could be in real trouble over this...

This whole thing is ridiculous.
Letterman was an idiot at best for sleeping with his own staffers. The women could have (and maybe should have) sued the pants off him for harassment. But there's a place, a time and a way to go about getting justice for something like that if harassment in ay way occurred. Blackmail, or putting somebody up to blackmail, or supplying someone with evidence for blackmail, isn't the way to go about it.

Even more amazing are those defending the criminal.

Very true.

What people are now wondering about is how many women were subjected to this on Letterman's staff? Did he utilize his power over the show and his influence in the industry to secure these trysts? Has anyone been paid to keep quiet?

And it deserves repeating - he has been in a relationship with his current wife for over 20 years and the father to their child for nearly seven years.

Letterman's behavior is at best, reckless and insensitive - at worse, something far more sinister.

This trial will bring it all out - and he knows that. His schtick last night was to get in front of the story and then minimize it in his mocking manner.

You're assuming a lot. It isn't necessarily sexual harassment; there must be certain things in play for it to be considered harassment:

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.

--- The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome.

Facts About Sexual Harassment

Last edited:
I think Letterman is a talentless douche, and don't find any humor in 90% of his act.
But I don't really see what the big deal here is, although it is very entertaining reading.:lol:

Very true.

You're assuming a lot. It isn't necessarily sexual harassment; there must be certain things in play for it to be considered harassment:

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.

I am assuming nothing - at best Letterman was reckless and insensitive to the woman he has been together with for over 20 years and is now his wife and the mother to his 6 year old child...

Very true.

I am assuming nothing - at best Letterman was reckless and insensitive to the woman he has been together with for over 20 years and is now his wife and the mother to his 6 year old child...

No doubt. That wasn't the part of your post I was referring to, however.

Entertainment Tonight had numerous clips of one of the women involved. Letterman featured her on his show many time, AND sent her to Beijing to cover the Olympics. Why on earth would someone from Letterman's show have to cover the Olympics? Just one of the perks, I guess.

Conan Admits Affair...With Leno

In an attempt to rescue his plummeting ratings from the onrushing David Letterman, Conan O'Brien has admitted having an affair...with Jay Leno.

"It's not something I'm proud of," said a mournful O'Brien, "unless of course it brings in the viewers."

O'Brien acknowledged that he had also had sexual relationships with a number of opposing late night hosts, including Jon Stewart, Jimmy Fallon, Craig Ferguson and Bill Maher.

"All of them, except Jimmy Kimmel," admitted O'Brien. "He was just too easy."
Steve Young: Conan Admits Affair...With Leno

Even more amazing are those defending the criminal.

Let me guess, you are over forty, fat , ugly and STILL a virgin......right?

.:eek:
highly uncalled for

he is a pig asshole but what kind of a person would sleep with that loser. must be a bigger pig asshole!!!

David littleman is a hatefull bitter little man. I wish he would just fade away to his island and vanish!!!

Forum List

Back