Letterman the victim of extortion attempt

he's only troubled by it because letterman insulted poor thin skinned sawwah....
so, its ok to have sex with subordinates in the work place and not harassment?
interesting how things change

Not all work-place sexual contact is harassment. I posted a link to that above. If those factors didn't exist, then it wasn't harassment and he did nothing illegal.

A brief news report this morning said more details are coming in, and it's reported that Letterman had a "Top Secret" room in the studio. Apparently it didn't serve as a home away from home, but for more "Top Secret" activities.

Letterman doing something top secret!!:lol:

he's only troubled by it because letterman insulted poor thin skinned sawwah....

Not all work-place sexual contact is harassment. I posted a link to that above. If those factors didn't exist, then it wasn't harassment and he did nothing illegal.
if this had been a wall street CEO you ladies would be after his job
this is such a ridiculous thing to see anyone defending what this scumbag did
does that mean i suport him being extorted? NO!!!!!!!!
but DAMN, he IS a scumbag

CBS has pulled Letterman's admittance from YouTube.

They are sweating the details of this scandal big time - I imagine CBS Legal is working overtime on this one...

No one's been defending him. IF he was screwing people he had no authority over then it is no one's business but his own, he was single. Doesn't mean anyone thinks he's a great guy...you people are so sex obsessed it makes us wonder if you've ever had any. :lol:

They are sweating the details of this scandal big time - I imagine CBS Legal is working overtime on this one...
more than likely for copyright issues, happens all the time

I haven't seen anyone defend what he did. Some have pointed out he was single at the time; that's not the same as approving of his actions, however.

My point is we don't know if it fit the criteria for illegal workplace harassment. IF it did, then I'd support those involved filing a complaint.

Nope - CBS has tons of Letterman stuff on YouTube - they have their own channel. That specific clip was pulled.

Don't ever doubt my media cred - I'm plugged in kid...:eusa_angel:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/05/business/media/05letterman.html

I haven't seen anyone defend what he did. Some have pointed out he was single at the time; that's not the same as approving of his actions, however.

My point is we don't know if it fit the criteria for illegal workplace harassment. IF it did, then I'd support those involved filing a complaint.

He was not single - he was in the midst of a 20-plus year relationship with the mother of his only child.

I was with my wife for nearly five years prior to our marriage. If I had been boinking the help - she would not have married me. And I could not have said, "But I am still single honey - so it was none of your business!"

Your Letterman assertions as such are weak attempts to excuse his boorish, potentially harassing behavior.

Nope - CBS has tons of Letterman stuff on YouTube - they have their own channel. That specific clip was pulled.

Don't ever doubt my media cred - I'm plugged in kid...:eusa_angel:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/05/business/media/05letterman.html
It was not pulled from their channel, however.

From your link:

Keeping quiet about an apparent extortion attempt against David Letterman and “The Late Show,” CBS worked over the weekend to stamp out unauthorized copies of the late-night host’s televised explanation.

Copies of the segment were uploaded almost immediately to YouTube by users, but many of them were flagged by CBS for removal, citing copyright claims. The network did not provide an official copy.

He was not single - he was in the midst of a 20-plus year relationship with the mother of his only child.

I was with my wife for nearly five years prior to our marriage. If I had been boinking the help - she would not have married me. And I could not have said, "But I am still single honey - so it was none of your business!"

Your Letterman assertions as such are weak attempts to excuse his boorish, potentially harassing behavior.
:cuckoo::cuckoo: If you aren't married, you are single. There's really no two ways about it. That said, if his now wife is upset that is also HER business and not yours.

If what has currently come out is that Letterman was screwing his aides and interns then I agree he's a doosh...but I thought he was prior to this anyway. Unless he forced someone to have sex, this sounds like sour grapes or whoring for money on the part of the extortionist and his current girlfriend.

I won't comment on Letterman. I don't know enough about the facts of how many women and under what circumstances the hankie-pankie happened to do that.

However.....

This IDIOT that was trying to extort him? 2 million dollars? He could have made a hell of alot more than that -- legally, by selling his information to the Enquirer or some such. Or by actually going to WORK and writing a tell-all book.

He chose the easy and illegal way to try to grift some cash. This makes him really really stupid and lazy.

I'm not excusing anything. I said some have pointed out he was single at the time. I didn't.

I won't comment on Letterman. I don't know enough about the facts of how many women and under what circumstances the hankie-pankie happened to do that.

However.....

This IDIOT that was trying to extort him? 2 million dollars? He could have made a hell of alot more than that -- legally, by selling his information to the Enquirer or some such. Or by actually going to WORK and writing a tell-all book.

He chose the easy and illegal way to try to grift some cash. This makes him really really stupid and lazy.
yup, and i hope they throw the book at THAT Scumbag

However.....

Gotta agree there.

Of course, he was a card-carrying member of the liberal media, so should we really be that surprised?

Forum List

Back