Let's just say it

Huh, and I thought the Washington Post was firmly in the hands of the radical Republicans. Learn something new everyday.

The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

LOL, the only "civil war" you all are going to see is the one coming in November by the VOTERS, just like the one the Obama and his comrades in arms saw in 2010..

alternet and the Washingtoncompost..what a pair

Ballots are powerful arms for those that treasure liberty.

Will you sing the same tune if the Democrats win in November? I wonder.

Ah the debt. I could write several paragraphs about it, even a book. But it can be summed up very easily

Bush spent too damned much, and Obama spent even more. Chances are we will go further into debt no matter who the next president is but with Romney it may not be as deep.

Basically there is no fiscal leadership in Washington on any side..........

I so have not heard that. In fact, I heard the opposite.

romneyworld.jpg

Yes BD you can take nearly any set of numbers and twist them into a number that makes your side look good. But the fact is that Obama has spent in 3 years as much as Bush did in 8 years........ Percentage of growth doesn't matter. Do you remember when Obama admitted that we "Can not long sustain, this level of spending." That was just before the failed stimulus....

Facts are facts, Washington Spends Too Much........

Frankly, I'm surprised that more conservative Republicans on this board aren't wondering what the hell happened to their party.
No kidding -- where did all these milquetoast moderates come from?

Refusing to raise the debt ceiling is, long term, the best thing that could happen to this country.

Ah the debt. I could write several paragraphs about it, even a book. But it can be summed up very easily

Bush spent too damned much, and Obama spent even more. Chances are we will go further into debt no matter who the next president is but with Romney it may not be as deep.

Basically there is no fiscal leadership in Washington on any side..........

romneyworld.jpg

Yes BD you can take nearly any set of numbers and twist them into a number that makes your side look good. But the fact is that Obama has spent in 3 years as much as Bush did in 8 years........ Percentage of growth doesn't matter. Do you remember when Obama admitted that we "Can not long sustain, this level of spending." That was just before the failed stimulus....

Considering that the stimulus did not fail, can we assume the rest is wrong too?

romneyworld.jpg

Considering that the stimulus did not fail, can we assume the rest is wrong too?

It didn't? That wasn't Obama admitting that there were no shovel ready jobs? That wasn't solyndra going bankrupt with our money? Yes I know police, fire fighters and teachers didn't lose their jobs........ Guess what, still over 8% unemployment with many no longer counted........Fail..........

It didn't? That wasn't Obama admitting that there were no shovel ready jobs? That wasn't solyndra going bankrupt with our money? Yes I know police, fire fighters and teachers didn't lose their jobs...
Yes... The Obama paid back the unions for their support...

And I dare to dream that everybody actually read the article, instead of the usual kneejerk reactions. ;)

:raiseshand: I'm guilty, going to read it now. :redface: BRB

Sorry, but White Trash Boop can shove any article that calls the GOP the worst party ever up her oversized ass.

Conversations with liberal activists and labor officials reveal an unmistakable hostility toward the pro-business, free-trade, free-market philosophy that was in vogue during the second half of the Clinton administration. Former White House Chief of Staff William Daley, who tried to steer the Obama administration in a more centrist direction, is the subject of particular derision. Discussion of entitlement reforms, at the heart of the GOP governing agenda, is a nonstarter. The fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrats are now nearly extinct on Capitol Hill.

Moderate Democratic groups and officials, meanwhile, privately fret about the party’s leftward drift and the Obama campaign’s embrace of an aggressively populist message. They’re disappointed that the administration didn’t take the lead advancing the Simpson-Bowles deficit-reduction proposal, they wish the administration’s focus was on growth over fairness, and they are frustrated with the persistent congressional gridlock. Third Way, the centrist Democratic think tank, has been generating analyses underscoring the need for Democrats to appeal to middle-of-the-road voters, to no avail.

“There are not a lot of moderates left in the Democratic Party, and Cory is one of the few of them left,” said former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, an early Obama ally who has become increasingly estranged from the party. “I would like to think Cory speaks for a lot of voters in the Democratic Party, but sadly he doesn’t speak for a lot of Democratic operatives within the party. This isn’t Bill Clinton’s Democratic Party anymore.”

http://nationaljournal.com/columns/against-the-grain/the-emerging-democratic-divide-20120522

Last edited:
To the OP.......the GOP's problem is they have strayed far from conservatism and more and more into plutocratic principles and spend, spend spend.
The Democratic Party (IMO) is worse. They have become a bi-polar party that also dutifully carries out plutocratic actions - but strangely enough still try and pass progressive/leftist policies at the same time.
The result of GOP control is runaway spending and wealth concentration, but less taxes.
The result of Democrats in control is runaway spending and wealth concentration, but more taxes so they can also redistribute wealth from middle class people to the poor.

Either way - we have been screwed for 30 years straight. And I see no end in sight.

It was a move without parallel. The entirety of a party threatened to deliberately hurt the country unless their rivals paid a hefty ransom -- in this case, debt reduction. It didn't matter that Republicans were largely responsible for the debt in the first place, and it didn't matter that Republicans routinely raised the debt ceiling dozens of times over the last several decades.
To the radical right, it indeed doesn’t matter.

I feel like I'm going for a roller coaster ride I don't want to take.

I know the feeling.

It IS going to happen, and the R's ARE fine with it - so what is wrong with the article? It's the truth. Really bad things happen, they refuse to own any of them, even if Boehner got 98% of what he wanted, and it's about to happen again.

From the Alternet (toiletpaper) article.....

This wasn't just another partisan dispute; it was a scandal for the ages. This one radical scheme helped lead to the first-ever downgrade of U.S. debt; it riled financial markets and generated widespread uncertainty about the stability of the American system; and it severely undermined American credibility on the global stage. Indeed, in many parts of the world, observers didn't just lose respect for us, they were actually laughing at us.

Boooo hoooooo

Notice the huge drop in the market that didn't happen as predicted.

Did this guy get paid to write this ?

Someone got ripped off.

romneyworld.jpg

you guys had a stimulus?.....i guess it did not get out here....

It didn't? That wasn't Obama admitting that there were no shovel ready jobs? That wasn't solyndra going bankrupt with our money? Yes I know police, fire fighters and teachers didn't lose their jobs........ Guess what, still over 8% unemployment with many no longer counted........Fail..........

you guys are at 8%?.....must be nice.....

And I dare to dream that everybody actually read the article, instead of the usual kneejerk reactions. ;)

:raiseshand: I'm guilty, going to read it now. :redface: BRB

Sorry, but White Trash Boop can shove any article that calls the GOP the worst party ever up her oversized ass.

Conversations with liberal activists and labor officials reveal an unmistakable hostility toward the pro-business, free-trade, free-market philosophy that was in vogue during the second half of the Clinton administration. Former White House Chief of Staff William Daley, who tried to steer the Obama administration in a more centrist direction, is the subject of particular derision. Discussion of entitlement reforms, at the heart of the GOP governing agenda, is a nonstarter. The fiscally conservative Blue Dog Democrats are now nearly extinct on Capitol Hill.

Moderate Democratic groups and officials, meanwhile, privately fret about the party’s leftward drift and the Obama campaign’s embrace of an aggressively populist message. They’re disappointed that the administration didn’t take the lead advancing the Simpson-Bowles deficit-reduction proposal, they wish the administration’s focus was on growth over fairness, and they are frustrated with the persistent congressional gridlock. Third Way, the centrist Democratic think tank, has been generating analyses underscoring the need for Democrats to appeal to middle-of-the-road voters, to no avail.

“There are not a lot of moderates left in the Democratic Party, and Cory is one of the few of them left,” said former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis, an early Obama ally who has become increasingly estranged from the party. “I would like to think Cory speaks for a lot of voters in the Democratic Party, but sadly he doesn’t speak for a lot of Democratic operatives within the party. This isn’t Bill Clinton’s Democratic Party anymore.”

The Emerging Democratic Divide - Josh Kraushaar - NationalJournal.com

so why is she "white trash" now?....because she doesn't agree with you?....or is it something else?....

you guys are at 8%?.....must be nice.....

Eight percent is the figure that the Obama Administration want us all to believe. There is no basis in fact for this figure, it is just something they think they can work with. They know they're in deep shit if they start talking real figures and discussing the number of people who have just plain given up due to their shitty policies.

Immie

you guys had a stimulus?.....i guess it did not get out here....

Wasn't Solyndra in Fremont?

The fact still remains, address the problem or perish, this blame game has got to end, some one had better learn to balance the books and exercise common sense.

:thup:

Fair and simple taxes, public budgets that are balanced by law, transparency in all things politics, and then build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

:smoke: It ain't rocket science, y'all.

Forum List

Back