Let's Have The Talk We Hear So Much About But Never Happens

Let's have the 'race talk' our nation is so in need of folks. It'll never happen in politics and on television. I am a black American, I'm a rarity to a certain degree, I'm a right winger. But I want to have the talk and hope you all do as well. So fire a question pertaining to my community at me and I will answer it to the best of my ability and from my perspective. I'll do the same back if I have a question.

The time has come...

If you're still answering, I have a question.

Does the label African-American bug you at all? It bothers me a bit. The vast majority of blacks in this country are not African. I would imagine the majority have not been to Africa, their parents have not been to Africa. And what about someone black but not American? Should they be called African, African-, or do we need to know what country they are from before we can describe their race?

I'm just not sure why black is so bad as a label, and if it is, why the change couldn't have been to something simpler and more accurate than African-American. I wonder if black people in the US get annoyed by it, too.

(And don't get me started on the label Asian! :lol:)

Let's have the 'race talk' our nation is so in need of folks. It'll never happen in politics and on television. I am a black American, I'm a rarity to a certain degree, I'm a right winger. But I want to have the talk and hope you all do as well. So fire a question pertaining to my community at me and I will answer it to the best of my ability and from my perspective. I'll do the same back if I have a question.

The time has come...

Let me guess where this is gonna end up...

You could not appreciate the immenseness of the fuck I do not give anymore.

Sure I can, that's why I started the thread. You're welcome to ask a question, and don't worry about how you'll be percirved by me or anyone else. It's your observations, state them as such. I won't hold it against you.

What sorts of questions were you anticipating?

You have to cook them down alot and add some sort of meat to flavor it. Throw on some vinegar or hot sauce. :thup:

Jesse Lee Peterson is the perfect example of a uncle tom but it's not ONLY because he's a republican. Blacks, like everyone else, judge people based on their ideas and beliefs.

Also, black republicans are like rappers. They always talk about the "haters" and how they say are going to show those haters they are winning. Are those haters real? Thats another topic all together, but people feel better when they believe that others want them to fail. Thats why I believe black cons always cry about "attacks" so they can say "look, I'm doing me...no matter what THEY say"

Why you hatin'? Lol... But seriously, its not so much that I feel people hate me, I just don't think they're up to speed. It isn't that they don't have what it takes it is because they aren't interested in elevating themselves for whatever reasons. That is their right and I'm not going to force anyone to think and do what I think is best.

So, blacks that don't agree with you you consider slower and lower than you?

No that's not what I meant. It's a figure of speech. What I meant is they don't care to understand my positions.

The time has come...

Does the label African-American bug you at all? It bothers me a bit. The vast majority of blacks in this country are not African. I would imagine the majority have not been to Africa, their parents have not been to Africa. And what about someone black but not American? Should they be called African, African-, or do we need to know what country they are from before we can describe their race?

I'm just not sure why black is so bad as a label, and if it is, why the change couldn't have been to something simpler and more accurate than African-American. I wonder if black people in the US get annoyed by it, too.

Yes, it bugs me. I'm a black american not African. I have been there, but that is not my homeland.

Name a time in world history and American history when race, skin color, sect, tribe, religion or caste was/is not a factor.

Today.

Yesterday. For great gobs of the time period from WWII onward, in fact.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Holy shit. You mean, we have not achieved the goal of BEING the actual shining city on the hill yet?

We're still stuck working on it?

Good to know.

But, despite the shortfalls and shortcomings, we are still far and away less concerned with race, religion and so forth than almost any other nation. And we still not only work at it, but we actually choose to work at it.

Obnoxiously, many liberals think they are the only ones entitled to "credit" for that. They're wrong, of course.

And when it comes to denying how far we've come, you are wrong, too. Consistently and adamantly and stubbornly.

I'm wrong? Hahahahaha.

Look at the world around you.

Keep believing that shining light bullshit. This is America, born of racism and destined to die of racism.

You're not talking about America, you're talking about yourself, loser.

We're not going to have any fucking conversation about race. The REAL conversation that needs to take place is within the white community. And what we need to be mulling over is REALITY. The REALITY that we are very, very different kinds of people, that slavery was a huge fucking mistake, that integration was a huge mistake, and that the only real way out of this mess is to move toward some sort of racial separation.

THE END.

Idiots like you are the "huge fucking mistake."

The time has come...

Yes, it bugs me. I'm a black american not African. I have been there, but that is not my homeland.

Been where?

Been where?
Africa. Eritrea to be exact.

Jesse Lee Peterson is the perfect example of a uncle tom but it's not ONLY because he's a republican. Blacks, like everyone else, judge people based on their ideas and beliefs.

Also, black republicans are like rappers. They always talk about the "haters" and how they say are going to show those haters they are winning. Are those haters real? Thats another topic all together, but people feel better when they believe that others want them to fail. Thats why I believe black cons always cry about "attacks" so they can say "look, I'm doing me...no matter what THEY say"

WOW, you obviously dont get into politics much. I worked for Rod Deberry's campaign when he ran against Harold Ford, Sr in Tn's 9th district in 1994 and it was HORRIBLE. One Rod hit about 40%, by far the best a republican has done in a long long time, and yeah those haters are real. Death threats, name calling that would make Bill Mahr blush. If I had a dollar for each time he was called Uncle Tom, oreo, House N*gger, ect, I would have way more money than the megamillions winner.

Wow. Rod Deberry really must be a coon, to lose to that oreo that is Harold Ford Jr.

Wow. YOU must be a weak, pathetic racist coward.

Name a time in world history and American history when race, skin color, sect, tribe, religion or caste was/is not a factor.

Today.

Yesterday. For great gobs of the time period from WWII onward, in fact.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Holy shit. You mean, we have not achieved the goal of BEING the actual shining city on the hill yet?

We're still stuck working on it?

Good to know.

But, despite the shortfalls and shortcomings, we are still far and away less concerned with race, religion and so forth than almost any other nation. And we still not only work at it, but we actually choose to work at it.

Obnoxiously, many liberals think they are the only ones entitled to "credit" for that. They're wrong, of course.

And when it comes to denying how far we've come, you are wrong, too. Consistently and adamantly and stubbornly.

I'm wrong? Hahahahaha.

Look at the world around you.

Keep believing that shining light bullshit. This is America, born of racism and destined to die of racism.

Yes. YOU are wrong. Fuck. You can't even comprehend simple sentences you are so caught up in your preconceived notions.

You are destined to die a stupid bitter troll.

who wants to be called african american or Black when he isn't any of those people.I'm not Black but redbone.

Forum List

Back