Let's Have The Talk We Hear So Much About But Never Happens

Because we are not just Americans. Name a country where race, skin color, sect, tribe, religion or caste isn't a factor.

Wrong. And the fact that you don't get and cannot appreciate that you are wrong is why the kind of division we suffer from still exist.

We not only ARE different as a nation, but we are supposed to be different.

It is still imperfect, of course, but this IS the land where race, skin color, sect, tribe, religion or caste is not a factor.

You focus on the fact that we haven't completely made it there. You and thoe like you reel in it, still. Guys like Al sharpton exploit it and then wonder why it must still exist.

They are frauds. You? I don't know. But you sure come over as one very shallow individual.

Name a time in world history and American history when race, skin color, sect, tribe, religion or caste was/is not a factor.

Today.

Yesterday. For great gobs of the time period from WWII onward, in fact.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Holy shit. You mean, we have not achieved the goal of BEING the actual shining city on the hill yet?

We're still stuck working on it?

Good to know.

But, despite the shortfalls and shortcomings, we are still far and away less concerned with race, religion and so forth than almost any other nation. And we still not only work at it, but we actually choose to work at it.

Obnoxiously, many liberals think they are the only ones entitled to "credit" for that. They're wrong, of course.

And when it comes to denying how far we've come, you are wrong, too. Consistently and adamantly and stubbornly.

Let's have the 'race talk' our nation is so in need of folks. It'll never happen in politics and on television. I am a black American, I'm a rarity to a certain degree, I'm a right winger. But I want to have the talk and hope you all do as well. So fire a question pertaining to my community at me and I will answer it to the best of my ability and from my perspective. I'll do the same back if I have a question.

The time has come...
1. Are Hispanics allowed to be white?
2. Do black men really have, you know, big ones???

Is it true that a majority of the black community (let's limit it to the under thirty crowd) -- in private conversations with other blacks -- speak disparagingly of white people merely on the basis of race?

I have heard this claim a good deal from some angry black guys (on this very board in fact), and I don't doubt that there is at least a kernel of truth under-girding it. I just wonder how accurate it really is.

no white people are embraced in our community if they are "down" sort a speak (Robin Thicke, Eminem, Michael Rapport etc). A white guy that is cool, is cool with blacks. Its the nerdy ones that get laughed at because...SURPRISE..nerds get laughed at. If a white guy cant dance...SURPRISE...It's funny.

It's not funny because you are white, its' funny because its funny. Now, besides "saying things" about whites thats about as far as blacks go. Saying things is the least of concern when it comes to whites disparaging blacks. Ya know

Is it true that a majority of the black community (let's limit it to the under thirty crowd) -- in private conversations with other blacks -- speak disparagingly of white people merely on the basis of race?

I have heard this claim a good deal from some angry black guys (on this very board in fact), and I don't doubt that there is at least a kernel of truth under-girding it. I just wonder how accurate it really is.

no white people are embraced in our community if they are "down" sort a speak (Robin Thicke, Eminem, Michael Rapport etc). A white guy that is cool, is cool with blacks. Its the nerdy ones that get laughed at because...SURPRISE..nerds get laughed at. If a white guy cant dance...SURPRISE...It's funny.

It's not funny because you are white, its' funny because its funny. Now, besides "saying things" about whites thats about as far as blacks go. Saying things is the least of concern when it comes to whites disparaging blacks. Ya know

Closed:

I usually find you simply closed minded. Your post doesn't totally change that.

I ask about generic black guy perceptions of white people and you discuss nerds and make fun of folks who can't dance.

Not all that good at staying on the topic, are ya?

Or is that by design?

Last edited:
Let's have the 'race talk' our nation is so in need of folks. It'll never happen in politics and on television. I am a black American, I'm a rarity to a certain degree, I'm a right winger. But I want to have the talk and hope you all do as well. So fire a question pertaining to my community at me and I will answer it to the best of my ability and from my perspective. I'll do the same back if I have a question.

The time has come...
1. Are Hispanics allowed to be white?
2. Do black men really have, you know, big ones???

Hispanics hide if they can just like some blacks were able to "pass" and get access to more opportunity for being fair skinned.

Yeah :D

Closed:

I usually find you simply closed minded. Your post doesn't totally change tht.

I ask about generic black guy perceptions of white people and you discuss nerds and make fun of folks who can't dance.

Not all that good at staying on the topic, are ya?

Or is that by design?

Wow and you totally missed the part about embracing white people who seem to be "down" right? Or is that by design?

Blacks in general dont have a problem with white guys unless they have a reason to have a problem with a guy, who happens to be white. Not BECAUSE they are white.

Better? I guessing no.

Wrong. And the fact that you don't get and cannot appreciate that you are wrong is why the kind of division we suffer from still exist.

It is still imperfect, of course, but this IS the land where race, skin color, sect, tribe, religion or caste is not a factor.

You focus on the fact that we haven't completely made it there. You and thoe like you reel in it, still. Guys like Al sharpton exploit it and then wonder why it must still exist.

They are frauds. You? I don't know. But you sure come over as one very shallow individual.

Name a time in world history and American history when race, skin color, sect, tribe, religion or caste was/is not a factor.

Today.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Holy shit. You mean, we have not achieved the goal of BEING the actual shining city on the hill yet?

Good to know.

But, despite the shortfalls and shortcomings, we are still far and away less concerned with race, religion and so forth than almost any other nation. And we still not only work at it, but we actually choose to work at it.

Obnoxiously, many liberals think they are the only ones entitled to "credit" for that. They're wrong, of course.

And when it comes to denying how far we've come, you are wrong, too. Consistently and adamantly and stubbornly.

I'm wrong? Hahahahaha.

Look at the world around you.

Keep believing that shining light bullshit. This is America, born of racism and destined to die of racism.

Today.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Good to know.

Jim Crow was not an exception, it was legalized discrimination. We've come a long way but we have a long way to go. You pretending that "its over" is cute...in a "I want to see world peace" sorta way, but you know that it's not reality.

Today.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Good to know.

Jim Crow was not an exception, it was legalized discrimination. We've come a long way but we have a long way to go. You pretending that "its over" is cute...in a "I want to see world peace" sorta way, but you know that it's not reality.

If I was pretending that it's entirely gone, I wouldn't have bothered to qualify what I said. For the hard of hearing (that's a euphemism, kid), I acknowledged that we are still working at it. This DOES (yes, DOES) acknowledge and admit that we have not reached that promised land yet.

It's ok to criticize us for our shortcomings, too. But we shouldn't forget to take some solace and satisfaction in how fa we've come.

In the bad old days, if someone said to a a whole lot of Americans, "you are a racist," the reaction would have been "yeah? and?"

Nowadays, thankfully, for most thinking people, it is considered an insult and taken as an insult.

If you don't grasp what that implies, then you need to take some time off and give it a good long think.

Today.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Good to know.

If I was pretending that it's entirely gone, I wouldn't have bothered to qualify what I said. For the hard of hearing (that's a euphemism, kid), I acknowledged that we are still working at it. This DOES (yes, DOES) acknowledge and admit that we have not reached that promised land yet.

It's ok to criticize us for our shortcomings, too. But we shouldn't forget to take some solace and satisfaction in how fa we've come.

In the bad old days, if someone said to a a whole lot of Americans, "you are a racist," the reaction would have been "yeah? and?"

Nowadays, thankfully, for most thinking people, it is considered an insult and taken as an insult.

If you don't grasp what that implies, then you need to take some time off and give it a good long think.

Calling someone fat "is considered an insult and taken as an insult", yet the obesity rate continues to increase.

Calling someone fat "is considered an insult and taken as an insult", yet the obesity rate continues to increase.

And the sad part is that you actually consider that a rejoinder.

The time has come...

You represent a black individual, not the black community.

You represent the black community about as much as I do (I'm white).

Last edited:

The time has come...

You represent a black individual, not the black community.

You represent the black community about as much as I do (I'm white).

I dunno.

A black man probably represents the black community better than a white guy would.

And a black guy who has the gumption to speak out as a conservative is a guy who is not terribly concerned with a group-speak mentality.

So he probably has a pretty good grip on honesty, too.

Last edited:
Being a black man !

Can you picture your self as white ? And look neutrally at general ( collective ) and expected black behavior in terms of violence and crime the number of black neighborhoods verses the number of (( bad black neighborhoods ))

the fact that when neighborhoods turn black ( normally every one else leaves )

the fact that all 10 of the highest crime and most dangerous cities are all 10 majority black !

And tell me if you honestly if you were white would not collectivly look at and perceive blacks with a heightened caution than the general population !

Not all blacks are criminals but many criminals are black !

As a black man ? Should you be more upset the stereotype that non blacks have to blacks ?

Or should you be more upset with the sheer nunber of blacks that daily create the stigma that causes police to profile and obamas grandmother to have excercised caution when aroung black men ?

As a white conserative what really creates a black cloud is blacks rallying around buffoons like jackson and sharpton !
Blacks and their collective attitudes towards o.j. Simpson ?
And criminals the likes of tookie williams !

Theis collective behavior on a regular basis really makes it impossible for civilized and educated blacks to integrate into society .

Forum List

Back