Let's Have The Talk We Hear So Much About But Never Happens

Are the words "indifferent" and "ignorant" automatically bad to you? Not to me, there are a lot of things you could label me both on. What is the point of this inquisition anyway?

Whoa there buddy, first...Im not a tin foil hat type unless you are saying what I put in bold you really didnt mean. Are you?
You're acting like a tinfoil hat type, thinking there is more to it than there is.

I basically said i think most liberals, regardless of race are ignorant.

I meant it. Your turn to explain what your point is with harping on that statement?

No, I thought you meant ignorant and indifferent and you confirmed it.

Whoa there buddy, first...Im not a tin foil hat type unless you are saying what I put in bold you really didnt mean. Are you?
You're acting like a tinfoil hat type, thinking there is more to it than there is.

I meant it. Your turn to explain what your point is with harping on that statement?

Yes. And? Care to tell me why I should give a shit?

Today.

Yesterday. For great gobs of the time period from WWII onward, in fact.

Were there exceptions?

Yep.

Holy shit. You mean, we have not achieved the goal of BEING the actual shining city on the hill yet?

We're still stuck working on it?

Good to know.

But, despite the shortfalls and shortcomings, we are still far and away less concerned with race, religion and so forth than almost any other nation. And we still not only work at it, but we actually choose to work at it.

Obnoxiously, many liberals think they are the only ones entitled to "credit" for that. They're wrong, of course.

And when it comes to denying how far we've come, you are wrong, too. Consistently and adamantly and stubbornly.

I'm wrong? Hahahahaha.

Look at the world around you.

Keep believing that shining light bullshit. This is America, born of racism and destined to die of racism.
And instead of doing anything to improve it, you choose to wallow in it, then bitch about it.

Retard.

How's that improving it working for ya?

I'm not wallowing in it. I'm using it to my advantage.

Double Standard, baby, Double Standard.

A question for the Black side of the virtual room: obviously we are somewhere between segregation, and the Post racial society. How far along do you believe we are? And if I may, a subquestion; is a "post
racial society "color blind" in the sense of MLK's "not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" or does the term post racial society mean something else to you? If so What?

There never was, nor ever will be a post racial society in human history.

A question for the Black side of the virtual room: obviously we are somewhere between segregation, and the Post racial society. How far along do you believe we are? And if I may, a subquestion; is a "post
racial society "color blind" in the sense of MLK's "not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character" or does the term post racial society mean something else to you? If so What?

. . . or Salt Peter's tiny little petty-minded world will crumble.

I dont know but it seems that you do :D

See when you say someone has on a tinfoil hat, then agrees with that same person on the point he was making. It kind of hurts your first point. It's ok dude...I'm sure you didnt mean too make yourself look like an ass

See when you say someone has on a tinfoil hat, then agrees with that same person on the point he was making. It kind of hurts your first point. It's ok dude...I'm sure you didnt mean too make yourself look like an ass

WTF are you talking about now?

Name the post racial society in human history.

Dont worry about it skippy. You'll get it if you read slower

Dont worry about it skippy. You'll get it if you read slower

Doesn't seem i will. So say what you want to say and stop being Passive Agressive already.

I don't get the question. What do you mean by post racial society?

Locke, That's term I've heard used to describe what (I presume) would be a "color blind " society-something like MLK envisioned; a society where the concept of "race" as we use it now, would not matter. Is That possible; if so, how far away from it are we? Is that the goal we seek? I used to think so; now, I'm not sure.

Name the post racial society in human history.

Changing your argument Salt Peter. Duly noted, dimwit.

FIRST you said there never was one and never will be.

Then I mocked you for being what you are.

So, NOW you change it to a question about any "post racial" society that HAS ever existED.

Assuming that there never was a society that qualifies as "post racial," you plodding dope, that doesn't mean there never will be.

The very notion that someday society won't give a crap about race bugs the living snot outta your tiny racist pinhead.

I have a question for you, Lockejaw. Just last weekend, I spent the weekend in Charlottesville, VA. I visited the homes of both Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. The experience was fascinating, and I felt deeply conflicted by it all. These were men of privilege, and despite their virtues, essentially rich kids. Yet they laid out a framework for government that promised more freedom to more people than any the earth had yet seen (eventually).

But the profound contradiction, in touring their estates, was the ubiquitous spectre of slavery that propped it all up. Both Jefferson and Madison owned over hundred slaves each and, though they seemed to recognize it for the evil institution it was, neither were willing to forgo the benefits of indulging it. This gnaws at me. I can't imagine how you must view it.

I was particularly struck by an entry in one of Madison's journals where he described the conundrum of having taken a slave with him to the constitutional convention in Philadelphia. He recognized that after being exposed to the profound ideas of freedom for all men that they were codifying into law, he couldn't allow the slave in question to return to his estate and mix with the other slaves - he KNEW what that would mean. He concluded that the only thing he could do was to sell him in Pennsylvania (where slaves could be held for a maximum of seven years) and take a 'loss' on his 'investment'.

I have a question for you, Lockejaw. Just last weekend, I spent the weekend in Charlottesville, VA. I visited the homes of both Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. The experience was fascinating, and I felt deeply conflicted by it all. These were men of privilege, and despite their virtues, essentially rich kids. Yet they laid out a framework for government that promised more freedom to more people than any the earth had yet seen (eventually).

But the profound contradiction, in touring their estates, was the ubiquitous spectre of slavery that propped it all up. Both Jefferson and Madison owned over hundred slaves each and, though they seemed to recognize it for the evil institution it was, neither were willing to forgo the benefits of indulging it. This gnaws at me. I can't imagine how you must view it.

I was particularly struck by an entry in one of Madison's journals where he described the conundrum of having taken a slave with him to the constitutional convention in Philadelphia. He recognized that after being exposed to the profound ideas of freedom for all men that they were codifying into law, he couldn't allow the slave in question to return to his estate and mix with the other slaves - he KNEW what that would mean. He concluded that the only thing he could do was to sell him in Pennsylvania (where slaves could be held for a maximum of seven years) and take a 'loss' on his 'investment'.

And the question part?

And the question part?

oh.. I guess I'm just wondering how black people (especially those who admire the accomplishments of people like Jefferson and Madison) resolve this. I have a hard time with it myself. I can't imagine what it must be like for people who are direct descendants of its victims.

Last edited:
I will probably regret this............but here goes:

Liability,

In several posts in this thread, you suggested that this country has, as it is exceptional, come a long way toward reaching the ideal state where race is no longer a factor to be considered. Whereas, in the past, a racist being called a racist took no offense.....................now, the charge of racism is considered offensive. Such a long way.

But, our march toward equality for all is still a work in progress, you claim. And.....pointing out our continued failure to reach the goal............is counterproductive.

Why? Why is it acceptable to you that we have yet to reach this goal. What steps do you think need to be taken to hasten our progress in reaching this goal. Is even one more day..........a minute even.......where this nation has not met that goal even the least bit acceptable?

You think all black men drink alcohol?

Do you smoke Kools or Newports?

Pall mall reds, though I'm thinking about quitting. No, you damn buffoon.. The shit you say here could only be inspired by large amounts of liquor and malcontent rage, self loathing, etc.

No liquor, rage or self loathing. You sure like to stereotype black people. Why is that?
I don't see where he's 'stereotyping' black people.... he's making a judgment about you as an individual. As I have. In my opinion, you are a jack ass... that has nothing to do with the color of your skin, and everything to do with the content of your character.

Forum List

Back