Let's go to the Electoral College Map

Here is my proposed John Dickerson soft question to Hillary:

"Are you ever going to come clean about Benghazi and tell us what really happened and let the chips fall where they may?"

:D

Here is my proposed Chuck Todd hardball question to Trump:

"Do you listen to anybody on this Earth? Do you listen to your kids? To which one? Is that kid afraid of being disowned if he/she tells you the truth?"

When did GA become a toss up state?

I think the stats governing this is not too clear. I have to look at there methodology.

There are just too many ardent social conservatives in GA to make it a toss up!!

Its not only Georgia but once Red Arizona which is now showing up as a tossup

Georgia has a large minority population that in the past has been hard to get out to vote. The latest poll has Trump up by only 2
I would have to guess that all the southern border states with Latinos in them are now purple due to Trump's mouth --

- Ariz
- NM
- Texas
- Florida (Cuban is Latino -- Island Latino)

I am really interested in Texas in this race. Romney took Texas by 16% in 2012. The latest poll shows Trump ahead by 8% but that poll is pretty old. I'd like to see where Trump stands in Texas now that the conventions are over

I still don't think Hillary can take it, but she can make Trump defend a state he should win easily

I think the stats governing this is not too clear. I have to look at there methodology.

There are just too many ardent social conservatives in GA to make it a toss up!!

Georgia has a large minority population that in the past has been hard to get out to vote. The latest poll has Trump up by only 2
I would have to guess that all the southern border states with Latinos in them are now purple due to Trump's mouth --

- Ariz
- NM
- Texas

I am really interested in Texas in this race. Romney took Texas by 16% in 2012. The latest poll shows Trump ahead by 8% but that poll is pretty old. I'd like to see where Trump stands in Texas now that the conventions are over

I still don't think Hillary can take it, but she can make Trump defend a state he should win easily
David Brooks of the NY Times on The PBS News Hour has predicted an epic landslide for Hillary against Trump and bringing with it control of the House and Senate. Obviously this would give Hillary control of the SCOTUS too as well when she appoints 2 new SCOTUS justices.

Hillary will then have the power of Queen Elizabeth 1st over the USA -- the first time a woman monarch ever has had that kind of power since the last Queen Elizabeth 1st.

So Texas can definitely swing either way by his analysis or by mine.

My prediction is that anyplace with Mexicans in it is going to be a swing state leaning towards Hillary.

AND don't forget there will likely also be Electors in the Electorate College who cannot bear to vote for Trump. This is the last failsafe in our American system of checks and balances -- more or less to make sure we never elect a king or an Adolf Hitler.

But so far it does look like Hillary will have regal powers stating in January.

Last edited:

- Ariz
- NM
- Texas

David Brooks of the NY Times on The PBS News Hour has predicted an epic landslide for Hillary against Trump and bringing with it control of the House and Senate. Obviously this would give Hillary control of the SCOTUS too as well when she appoints 2 new SCOTUS justices.

Hillary will then have the power of Queen Elizabeth 1st over the USA -- the first time a woman monarch ever has had that kind of power since the last Queen Elizabeth 1st.

So Texas can definitely swing either way by his analysis or by mine.

My prediction is that anyplace with Mexicans in it is going to be a swing state leaning towards Hillary.

AND don't forget there will likely also be Electors in the Electorate College who cannot bear to vote for Trump. This is the last failsafe in our American system of checks and balances -- more or less to make sure we never elect a king or an Adolf Hitler.

But so far it does look like Hillary will have regal powers stating in January.

Betting odds are on Hillary at 77%. Normally they would be around 55%
A landslide could be possible

A bad week for Trump keeps getting worse. Latest RCP map shows

Hillary 226 Trump 154

Hillary picked up both Pennsylvania and New Hampshire
Trump now needs 116 out of 158 toss up electoral votes or 73%, he is currently behind in most toss up states

The no toss up map calling states where they are right now moved to

Hillary 357 Trump 181

RealClearPolitics - Opinion, News, Analysis, Video and Polls

Last edited:
This has been a bad week for Trump, after a temporary post RNC bounce that drew him even with Hillary, he took a devastating pounding during the DNC and compounded it with his post convention attacks

Hillary is now further ahead than she was a month ago

The election is far out there. A lot can happen and the polls will shift. Oregon only has Clinton up by 3? That will go Clinton, but it shows the unrest of the people who are still deciding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The conventions are the first major milestone and we are seeing Hillary return to her preconvention leads
Toss up states are just that. They will decide the election

Right now, Trump needs two our of every three toss up votes

Yep, but a lot of time to win and lose an election. If Clinton were smart she would stay home, Trump is doing a good job of campaigning for her.

Seems that way

But this is the reason I thought Republicans needed to nominate someone like Bush, Kasich, Rubio or Christie

They would have been able to compete in toss up states. Looks like Trump is losing red states NC, Georgia and Arizona
Don't forget Missouri

yiostheoy, post: 14939341

"Are you ever going to come clean about Benghazi and tell us what really happened and let the chips fall where they may?"

Stupid Questions don't get asked. Benghazi has been investigated 21 ways to Sunday. There is no there there.

yiostheoy, post: 14939341

Stupid Questions don't get asked. Benghazi has been investigated 21 ways to Sunday. There is no there there.
I agree that Benghazi has been "investigated".

But Hillary has never spoken openly and forthcomingly about it.

You misunderstood.

Nationwide polls do not matter...ask President Gore
What matters is the Electoral Vote in which Hillary leads 202 to 154 in states heavily leaning blue or red
There are 182 Electoral Votes up for grabs...these votes will decide the election

As of today, Trump will have to win 116 out of the 182 available votes or 64%

Hard to do when he is trailing in most battleground states

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Election Maps - Battle for White House

RW, I seem to have missed all the threads you've started on HIllary and her great issues and policies.

Could I have a quick link? I hate to miss meaty discussion.

Nationwide polls do not matter...ask President Gore
What matters is the Electoral Vote in which Hillary leads 202 to 154 in states heavily leaning blue or red
There are 182 Electoral Votes up for grabs...these votes will decide the election

As of today, Trump will have to win 116 out of the 182 available votes or 64%

Hard to do when he is trailing in most battleground states

RealClearPolitics - 2016 Election Maps - Battle for White House

RW, I seem to have missed all the threads you've started on HIllary and her great issues and policies.

Could I have a quick link? I hate to miss meaty discussion.
Sorry.

This thread is about the electoral vote in each state. Not taking your bait to divert it

Hillary goes to +6 in Florida in the latest Suffolk University poll

I always wanted to go to a school called Suffolk U

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - Florida: Trump vs. Clinton
British word ... means "south folk". Almost Germanic: sud volk.

Also sounds like So fuck you

Sounds like it but it is not.

Just a mnemonic coincidence.

Fuck in English is from German fokken which means "to pound".

Florida flipped from 0.3 percent lead for Trump to +6 for Hillary

Trump loses Florida ...the party is over

Forum List

Back