Let the illegals in?

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Good words...
Doesn't mean a country can't have the right to know who's
entering.

I can only speak for myself. I live almost a thousand miles from the Mexican border. In public now, in the last 15 years, at least 1/2 people if not more speak ONLY Espanola. That is not a sign of acclimation. And there is allot more to add to that, with the rudeness, the plain pure Mexican self centered arrogance that rubs some of us "gringos' the wrong way.

We in Salt Lake live a long way from the border, and many, many of us 'Americans' here speak la lingua as well. We don't see the "self centered arrogance that rubs" you the wrong way.

Mormons. I love ya, but there is a little disconnect going on here. I can easily pretend a Mormon is less than dirt, but you just don’t have a sense of history. That last post of yours indicates that. I have never been harmed by a Mormon. Mexican illegal immigrants, a couple of times or so. Does it matter? Really? Do any of you care? It is all the same.

I fight illegals re-righting history here. Hispanics ? With their wild birth rates AND THEIR Inability to acclimate and inability to follow immigration laws. WE NEED to re-write the laws they
won’t follow…..Odd how that works. It is the biggest mix-up you have ever seen.

Mormons. I love ya, but there is a little disconnect going on here. I can easily pretend a Mormon is less than dirt, but you just don’t have a sense of history. That last post of yours indicates that. I have never been harmed by a Mormon. Mexican illegal immigrants, a couple of times or so. Does it matter? Really? Do any of you care? It is all the same.

You have no sense of history, MaryL. "Mormons" have nothing to do with it. Why would you think either a Mormon or an lillegal "less than dirt." Your comment is woefully ignorant.

I fight illegals re-righting history here. Hispanics ? With their wild birth rates AND THEIR Inability to acclimate and inability to follow immigration laws. WE NEED to re-write the laws they
won’t follow…..Odd how that works. It is the biggest mix-up you have ever seen.

You ARE trying, and failing, to "re-right" history here.

Mexican immigrants acclimatize quickly and learn to speak English more quickly than other large immigrant groups in America historically.

Go to Fredericksburg, Texas, and listen to the German accents of the 7th generation Texas Germans.

Mexicans have harmed me in many ways, physically or mentally. They have threatened me bodily, not sure where to go with that, they ignore the culture and language of this country, Now, it's not a stretch to dislike them . Mormons, I never met. They never harmed me one way or the other. But when
they support illegal aliens, then I see them as a
threat to me. You help THEM. They hurt ME.
It is that simple. I don’t care any more whom you are or what you pretend to be. When people hurt me, I sort of ignore the politics and all that.

Last edited:
Hispanics ? With their wild birth rates AND THEIR Inability to acclimate .

Birth rates among Latino women - citizens and immigrants, legal and illegal, are falling faster than those of any other demographic in America. Latinos are also assimilating to American life, language, and culture just as other immigrant groups before them have.

This has all been pointed out to you several times before, but because it doesn't support your blunt prejudice you just go on pretending you haven't been informed on the issue. Your petty hatred is twisting you into some ugly little mass of fear and irrationality.

It's not about letting illegals in. It's about what to do with the millions already here. Most would agree that deporting all of them is an unrealistic goal.

I personally believe that they should be given a path to citizenship, but not ahead of those who have come here legally.

A majority of them are here to stay. If the big worry is them voting Democrat, try giving them a reason to vote Republican.

I agree with aaron here, the problem is that we are in damage control now, as a country we did so bad at stopping the problem prior and its escalated so far since and continues to get worse, I say we take the Swiss route!

Forum List

Back