Let the illegals in?

It's not about letting illegals in. It's about what to do with the millions already here. Most would agree that deporting all of them is an unrealistic goal.
I absolutely agree that deporting them would be unrealistic. However, if we implement a policy whereby any employer who hires illegals will face jail time, no exceptions, then there will be no need to deport anyone. These folks will leave on their own free will as they have no source of income.

For the same reason deportation en masse is not a realistic proposition..niether is making a law requiring jail time for employers that knowingly hire Illega aliens - Inforcement.

There would have to be a whole new divison of the Justice department to carry out all the investgations, indictments, procecutions, and jailing of the millions of empolyers suspected of this crime.

Numbers and money.

What do you suggest? Do nothing?

I suggest we stop giving welfare benefits to all those that cannot prove citizenship and turn them away from all the ER's, with one exception being a life or death situation, in that case save their life then a one way ticket back to whatever country they hailed from. We stop catering to those that refuse to learn the language, no more "press one for English" and no more government forms translated into a variety of languages. It's English or nothing. There is a lot that can be done if we have the will and the guts to do it.

Yes we need to go after those hiring illegals and it wouldn't be all that hard. Actually it would be easy if you offer incentives to people that turn in employers that engage in the practice. Kind of like a tip hotline we have for crime, there could be one set up for those hiring illegal immigrants.

There may not be one simple solution, but a mix of solutions all with the same goal.

It's not about letting illegals in. It's about what to do with the millions already here. Most would agree that deporting all of them is an unrealistic goal.
I absolutely agree that deporting them would be unrealistic. However, if we implement a policy whereby any employer who hires illegals will face jail time, no exceptions, then there will be no need to deport anyone. These folks will leave on their own free will as they have no source of income.

For the same reason deportation en masse is not a realistic proposition..niether is making a law requiring jail time for employers that knowingly hire Illega aliens - Inforcement.

There would have to be a whole new divison of the Justice department to carry out all the investgations, indictments, procecutions, and jailing of the millions of empolyers suspected of this crime.

Numbers and money.
Not necessarily. There is no need to expand the justice department, we just use the manpower at our disposal. Of course we can't arrest all employers that hire illegals in one day. We slowly start jailing those found guilty of hiring illegals. This will serve as a strong deterrent to other employers, and I'll bet that the vast majority of them will get rid of their undocumented workers. No employer wants to risk going to jail.

Numbers and money.

Bullcrap. In 1954, Eisenhower presided over Operation Wetback, sent immigration cops door to door in Southwestern states, hunting down illegal aliens, and deported huge numbers of them. Even larger numbers of them fled back to Mexico. Within 5 years, Ike had illegal immigration stopped.

Eisenhower, had put a former West Point classmate, Gen. Joseph Swing, in charge of immigration enforcement. General Swing's fast-moving campaign soon secured America's borders – an accomplishment no other president has since equaled. Illegal migration had dropped 95 percent by the late 1950s.

Several retired Border Patrol agents who took part in the 1950s effort, including Mr. Edwards, say much of what Swing did could be repeated today.

"Some say we cannot send 12 million illegals now in the United States back where they came from. Of course we can!" Edwards says.

Donald Coppock, who headed the Patrol from 1960 to 1973, says that if Swing and Ike were still running immigration enforcement, "they'd be on top of this in a minute."

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Take back your tired, your poor,
Huddled masses yearning to take America's jobs and $$
Receive back these homeless whom you disposess, with your monopolistic economy
Or I send my warships to adorn both of your teeming shores.

Let the illegals in?

Americans are under no moral obligation to admit huge numbers of people who have no particular right to be here just because the Democrats need 30 million new voters.

You really have no clue. Most illegals came here legally and work in jobs that Americans either cannot or will not do.

So you think that AMERICANS who do the toughest, dirtiest, and most dangerous jobs in America (coal miners, firefighters, troops in Afghanistan, etc) wouldn't clean a sink, pick fruit, or work in civilian construction ? (a piece of cake compared to US Army construction)

By all means, would you suggest that people who have lived here for decades should just pack their bags and leave?

That's what I'm suggesting. And the ones who have been here the longest, should be the first ones to go.

Can anyone here confirm that, at least on the STATE level, illegal immigrations is a civil infraction, not a statutory one (therefore making illegal immigration a lesser issue than jay walking, speeding?) That is my weak grasp of the issue. But, on the other hand, I have heard that Illegal immigration is a federal offense, a felony. I can't seem to get a STRAIGHT ANSWER ON THIS. So, if that isn't confusing enough, states don't bother to enforce federal law the Federal government isn't enforcing immigration laws, either...So, nobody understands the bloody laws! So, how can we expect immigrants to follow laws if neither the states nor the federal government can conform to a common law? To despite all that, I know the history of this country, with the Irish, Jew, poles and other groups. But they ACCLIMATED. And they immigrated legally, most of them. Not seeing this with Hispanics from Latin America. That is what concerns me. But that is another topic. Laws are one thing, but My sense is that Hispanics feel entitled to do whatever they want.

Last edited:
Latino immigrants are assimilating just as other waves of immigrants have before them.

We stop catering to those that refuse to learn the language, no more "press one for English" .

There is no federal law mandating that. Private companies do what they believe will be good for business. Mind your own.

I can only speak for myself. I live almost a thousand miles from the Mexican border. In public now, in the last 15 years, at least 1/2 people if not more speak ONLY Espanola. That is not a sign of acclimation. And there is allot more to add to that, with the rudeness, the plain pure Mexican self centered arrogance that rubs some of us "gringos' the wrong way.

Americans are under no moral obligation to admit huge numbers of people who have no particular right to be here just because the Democrats need 30 million new voters.

Let the illegals in and let the prisoners out which is what Eric Holder is working on hard:

Federal prosecutors are at odds with U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder over whether mandatory minimum sentences -- a key part of the government's so-called war on drugs -- should be rolled back.

Congress approved many of those harsh penalties in the 1980s. Under the guidelines, a dealer busted with 1,000 marijuana plants, for example, or large amounts of certain narcotics, could face five, 10, even 20 years behind bars. As a result, prosecutors say, drug crime has gone down.

But now Holder is leading the charge to overhaul mandatory minimums.

Amid exploding incarceration rates, and allegations that long prison sentences have unfairly hurt low-income and minority communities, Holder is calling on Congress to pass the so-called Smarter Sentencing Act.

Read more: Federal prosecutors balk at Holder push to reduce drug sentences | Fox News

Hi Aaron:

Enforcing the "rule of law" and the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 AT THE WORKPLACE will force millions of illegal alien foreign nationals to find their own way back home. The USA already has very good immigration and employment laws that are NOT being enforced part of the Open Border Lobby Agenda. Those of you pandering to illegal alien foreign nationals need to think about the 25 US citizens killed by illegal aliens each and every day and by people that are not even supposed to be here. Put those 'hiring' the illegal aliens into prison and they will be forced out of the local job markets opening jobs for US Citizens and particularly the entry level jobs currently unavailable to our 19 to 24-year olds.

I personally believe that they should be given a path to citizenship, but not ahead of those who have come here legally.

Pandering to illegal alien foreign nationals by offering a path to citizenship kicks the back door wide open to waves of future illegal aliens. You are rewarding foreign nationals with citizenship engaged in deliberate illegal behavior, which teaches your children to go around the law in search of their rewards. BTW, try crossing the border illegally into Mexico with the intention of stealing Mexican jobs to find yourself in prison for two to five years along with those harboring and empowering you to engage in illegal activities.

A majority of them are here to stay. If the big worry is them voting Democrat, try giving them a reason to vote Republican.

I have worked beside hundreds of illegal aliens using falsified documentation, as they laugh in our faces for being so utterly stupid for allowing millions and millions of illegal aliens to waltz around doing as they please beginning with the illegal-alien-in-chief (Barry) squatting in the white house. These illegal aliens pass in and out of a revolving door moving their ill-gotten gains back to their home countries with the plan to eventually live like kings. Every illegal alien I know has plans to bring his brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles to displace more and more US citizens from jobs, because nobody is enforcing our perfectly-good immigration and employments laws.

Any new immigration reform (laugh) legislation will offer the same reforms of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 that nobody is going to enforce. Americans are stupid for allowing this debate to continue, as if the corrupt congress is ever going to provide congressional oversight to ensure these laws are ever enforced in our lifetimes.

I can only speak for myself. I live almost a thousand miles from the Mexican border. In public now, in the last 15 years, at least 1/2 people if not more speak ONLY Espanola. That is not a sign of acclimation. And there is allot more to add to that, with the rudeness, the plain pure Mexican self centered arrogance that rubs some of us "gringos' the wrong way.

You're an ignorant bigot, Mary, and contribute nothing to resolving the problem at hand.

Hi Un:

You're an ignorant bigot, Mary, and contribute nothing to resolving the problem at hand.

No. Mary is making an observation in light of the illegal alien invasion that has been ongoing for far too long. There is no resolving this problem, because our perfectly-good immigration and employment laws are not being enforced. We have an illegal alien in the white house using his illegal pen to hand out illegal amnesty to anyone he pleases. Illegal aliens are emboldened by the fact that they can use illegal documentation to gain the appearance of legal working status to run around doing as they please. Mary recognizes the fact that illegal aliens run around with Mexican flags chanting their babble to rub the stench of their illegal activities in our noses and you have the gall to stand with the illegals and insult everyone here by attacking Mary with your name-calling nonsense.

Hi Un:

No. Mary is making an observation .

NO, she's venting her personal bigotry against "Mexicans" again. She's done this about 900 times now. Pay attention. Nonsense like that has NOTHING to do with resolving the problem at hand.

We in Salt Lake live a long way from the border, and many, many of us 'Americans' here speak la lingua as well. We don't see the "self centered arrogance that rubs" you the wrong way.

Communities and cultures change. That is simply the facts. You can't and won't change it

Forum List

Back