Let it be Known.

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
Just looking how the government is stopping Trump, America the politician does want you to have the will of the people. Even though you vote to have it they're not gonna let you have it. But the good news is they all can be replaced.

Just looking how the government is stopping Trump, America the politician does want you to have the will of the people. Even though you vote to have it they're not gonna let you have it. But the good news is they all can be replaced.
Will of the people? Are you forgetting that Trump is a minority president?

Majority, where it counts.

The people picked him over Hillary enough said.

Don't you love the perpetual ignorance and cognitive dissonance of some people. Trump wins in the vast number of states and Hillary basically won in a few cities like LA and NYC. Without the electoral college you could have a candidate win the vote in one really big city dominated by their party and the other 99% of the nation have absolutely no representation at all. The whole point of the US Constitution was to avoid mob rule. The thing that kills me about liberal thought is that had Trump actually won the popular vote by head count, they would be using a totally different rational to get to the same conclusion of his "illegitimacy"---- the point being basically that liberals just don't like to lose, they are bad losers, and will lie, cheat, burn, destroy--- any means possible because being on the right side of the law doesn't matter as much to them as just winning. Even when that winning harms the economy, costs them jobs, sets foreign countries in chaos, lowers income, raises crime, they never see the connection and still think they came out ahead. That is why every crime-ridden, poverty-stricken region of the country is run by Dems and come election time, what do the idiots do? They reelect them for more of the same! Just so long as they can feel the victim and point the finger of blame at anyone other than themselves. But of course facts don't matter and no amount of reason ever works, because such people live in the world of ideals and talking rather than reality and action. So long as their candidate SAYS all the right things, never mind that he/she never actually DOES any of them, or even does the opposite. The perfect cognitive dissonance!

Don't you love the perpetual ignorance and cognitive dissonance of some people. Trump wins in the vast number of states and Hillary basically won in a few cities like LA and NYC. Without the electoral college you could have a candidate win the vote in one really big city dominated by their party and the other 99% of the nation have absolutely no representation at all. The whole point of the US Constitution was to avoid mob rule. The thing that kills me about liberal thought is that had Trump actually won the popular vote by head count, they would be using a totally different rational to get to the same conclusion of his "illegitimacy"---- the point being basically that liberals just don't like to lose, they are bad losers, and will lie, cheat, burn, destroy--- any means possible because being on the right side of the law doesn't matter as much to them as just winning. Even when that winning harms the economy, costs them jobs, sets foreign countries in chaos, lowers income, raises crime, they never see the connection and still think they came out ahead. That is why every crime-ridden, poverty-stricken region of the country is run by Dems and come election time, what do the idiots do? They reelect them for more of the same! Just so long as they can feel the victim and point the finger of blame at anyone other than themselves. But of course facts don't matter and no amount of reason ever works, because such people live in the world of ideals and talking rather than reality and action. So long as their candidate SAYS all the right things, never mind that he/she never actually DOES any of them, or even does the opposite. The perfect cognitive dissonance!
I see you need a lot of reassurance that your guy really won. All I was saying is that the OP was incorrect in the assertion that Trump was the people's choice. He was the electors' choice. If you can't handle that fact and have to go through a lot of mental masturbation to alleviate YOUR cognitive dissonance, that's your problem. Quit blaming it on others. What happened to the concept of "personal responsibility" some conservatives like to bash others with, but ignore when it comes to themselves?!?!

I see you need a lot of reassurance that your guy really won. All I was saying is that the OP was incorrect in the assertion that Trump was the people's choice. He was the electors' choice. If you can't handle that fact and have to go through a lot of mental masturbation to alleviate YOUR cognitive dissonance, that's your problem. Quit blaming it on others. What happened to the concept of "personal responsibility" some conservatives like to bash others with, but ignore when it comes to themselves?!?!

Sematics. You are treating the USA like it was a big shopping bag. It is 50 states. Trump won the popular vote in far more states than Hillary. That is how it works. All the electors did then was to represent the will of the people in each of the states they represented. It would be nice if the president won the total majority head count overall combined but ultimately completely meaningless.

According to records there were 132,899,453 votes cast. So if Hillary got 65,853,516then that left 67,045,937 for Trump. someone needs to learn to count.

Will of the people?

63 million votes out of 320 million people. Hillary Clinton received 69 million votes.

Drumpf is the will of the avoiders of dentistry. He's the leader of the 'cult that hates books'. He's the minority leader of the Minority Distort. He let's the KKK know they aren't forgotten. He's the champion of the humans on Earth who's only impulses are MINE MINE MINE and 'screw everyone else'.

Trump is like if you scraped a dog pile off your shoe and it ran for president and lost the popular vote by millions. He isn't a Christian, the people that voted for him are not Christians. This is a moment in the sun for the stuff in the toilet bowl that won't just go down the pipe with a flush no matter how many times you flush. You have to use cleanser and steel wool.

Allegedly. :dev3:

Semantics. You are treating the USA like it was a big shopping bag. It is 50 states. Trump won the popular vote in far more states than Hillary. That is how it works. All the electors did then was to represent the will of the people in each of the states they represented. It would be nice if the president won the total majority head count overall combined but ultimately completely meaningless.
I wasn't arguing that. Please try and keep up. It's funny how you won't admit to yourself that more people actually voted for Clinton. I never said Trump lost, but people keep coming out of the woodwork, acting as if I did. No need to get triggered, just because someone points out the truth.

You realize what you are saying right? You are saying that where you live should dictate the amount of power your vote carries. If you live out in the middle of nowhere your vote should count more than somebody who lives in a city. You realize that, by stating this, you are admitting that you do not value the basic American value of equality, right. You know the concept where everybody should be treated fairly and equally? Where everybody should have an equal say in how we govern.

Let me put this in layman's terms for you. Let's say you own a business. In your business you do things democratically, so a new project only gets approved if it gets enough support. Now, let's say that the majority of people work in your manufacturing plant, and they typically produce the most for you. However, you have a handful of support staff from outside your vicinity that may skype in from time to time. These ppl typically do not contribute as much to your business as those in your manufacturing facility as they are not a part of your core business.

Now, let's say that, for some wild reason, you decide to give the support staff, since there are less of them in respect to your manufacturing employees, more weight on their vote. Let's say a 2-1 or, in some cases, even a 3-1 weight. Do you think your business will remain successful? Do you think that the majority of your employees, who are in the manufacturing facility, are going to support your business? To give you the hint, the manufacturing facility, in this case, are American cities. The support staff are the folks living in rural America. Greatly weighting the voices of a view who don't even contribute to America's core business is going to lead to our eventual downfall.

"I see you need a lot of reassurance that your guy really won."

Funny how all of the Trump bashers have nothing but senseless vitriol as their "case." "I hate him!" "He sucks!" Legions of mindless sheep following their party's program with fake statistics. Just like the idiotic statement above--- I don't need any reassurance, what I think is irrelevant. By every law, every account, every official decision and record, Donald Trump won the election. And all of the mental disaffects in the world cannot change that, all of the hopeless, empty claims that he was somehow helped by Russia will not change it. And all you people seem to forget that barring Trump, the alternative would have been Hillary, the biggest liar, cheat, crook, and disingenuous aspirant to personal wealth and gains this nation has ever seen would be president now.

They forget the revelation that the CIA can make an email appear to have come from anywhere, and that whoever leaked those hacked emails from John Podesta, all they really showed were factual accounts of how the DNC was trying to throw the election, on top of several other ways. It wasn't like the hackers pulled false voting levers, all they did was reveal to the public corruption that Hillary and the DNC was trying to HIDE from voter's eyes! All the hacker did was make the voter better informed.

I will give you that Trump is no choir boy. He is much like a lot of uber-rich people, except he made his own wealth with hard work instead of stealing it from taxpayers; I did not like what he said about women, I did not like what he said about Carly Fiorina's face, I thought all of that was so unnecessary. All that happened is that he was upfront about some things that more polished politicians are more careful to only say behind closed doors. But many of you obviously know little facts about the guy's true background. His biggest liability is he is not a polished, professional politician, he is a poor public speaker. He gets stuck using the same words over and over again---- great, wonderful, etc., but the man is a CEO, a brilliantly successful businessman who has spent his life getting stuff done no one else could and doing it on time and under budget. At 70 years old the guy could be retired and living like a king on a private island but has instead, chosen to work his ass off at great cost to himself, and try to right the many problems facing the country so that mindless pimples out there can call him juvenile names.

He is the very thing I heard countless people say all their lives why they had no faith in politics---- that no matter who you elect, they are all crooks in it for themselves. Now finally, you get a guy who needs and takes no lobbying money, spends a great deal of his own, and sets out to try to buck the entire system of corruption to collapse the massive government bureaucracy and put things back in the benefit of the average person, and many of you are so caught up in media hype and party rhetoric, you are too stupid to even realize it, not realizing that whatever his failings, your alternative to him would have been worse than just the same old same old, but 1000X worse. But obviously, this is all irrelevant as no minds will be changed here.

"I see you need a lot of reassurance that your guy really won."

Funny how all of the Trump bashers have nothing but senseless vitriol as their "case." "I hate him!" "He sucks!" Legions of mindless sheep following their party's program with fake statistics. Just like the idiotic statement above--- I don't need any reassurance, what I think is irrelevant. By every law, every account, every official decision and record, Donald Trump won the election. And all of the mental disaffects in the world cannot change that, all of the hopeless, empty claims that he was somehow helped by Russia will not change it. And all you people seem to forget that barring Trump, the alternative would have been Hillary, the biggest liar, cheat, crook, and disingenuous aspirant to personal wealth and gains this nation has ever seen would be president now.

They forget the revelation that the CIA can make an email appear to have come from anywhere, and that whoever leaked those hacked emails from John Podesta, all they really showed were factual accounts of how the DNC was trying to throw the election, on top of several other ways. It wasn't like the hackers pulled false voting levers, all they did was reveal to the public corruption that Hillary and the DNC was trying to HIDE from voter's eyes! All the hacker did was make the voter better informed.

I will give you that Trump is no choir boy. He is much like a lot of uber-rich people, except he made his own wealth with hard work instead of stealing it from taxpayers; I did not like what he said about women, I did not like what he said about Carly Fiorina's face, I thought all of that was so unnecessary. All that happened is that he was upfront about some things that more polished politicians are more careful to only say behind closed doors. But many of you obviously know little facts about the guy's true background. His biggest liability is he is not a polished, professional politician, he is a poor public speaker. He gets stuck using the same words over and over again---- great, wonderful, etc., but the man is a CEO, a brilliantly successful businessman who has spent his life getting stuff done no one else could and doing it on time and under budget. At 70 years old the guy could be retired and living like a king on a private island but has instead, chosen to work his ass off at great cost to himself, and try to right the many problems facing the country so that mindless pimples out there can call him juvenile names.

He is the very thing I heard countless people say all their lives why they had no faith in politics---- that no matter who you elect, they are all crooks in it for themselves. Now finally, you get a guy who needs and takes no lobbying money, spends a great deal of his own, and sets out to try to buck the entire system of corruption to collapse the massive government bureaucracy and put things back in the benefit of the average person, and many of you are so caught up in media hype and party rhetoric, you are too stupid to even realize it, not realizing that whatever his failings, your alternative to him would have been worse than just the same old same old, but 1000X worse. But obviously, this is all irrelevant as no minds will be changed here.
Senseless vitriol? Isn't that what we were getting from the right for 8 years before Trump? I think the worst thing Trump has done is to give people permission to ignore self-evaluation.

Forum List

Back