Lessons Learned

LOL. Rabid, we didn't vote for free 'shit'. We voted for a nation with more oppertunity for all, rather than just the one percent. We voted for a nation where what consenting adults do in privacy is their owned damned business, not some 'Conservative' busybody's. We voted for a nation where science trumps superstition, mythology, and willfull ignorance.

yes, but you want someone else to pay for you pills, condoms, and abortions,, yes sirrrrreee buddddy you voted for free shit.

And what about the people who voted for a 20% across the board tax cut and more defense spending while we already have a trillion plus deficit?

That's the point and one of the main reasons why the ACA was save the insured a boatload of cash.

Do you want to pay for that woman with no insurance? Or do you want like the democrats want for her to get some damn insurance so we aren't flipping the bill? :eusa_think:

She probably had insurance but figured what the hell, the insurance comapnay will pay for it so I'll go to the ER. I even asked the doctor when I went in why she was here? Naturally she couldn't say but rolled her eyes and did say, "don't ask me why she couldn't wait".

Most ER co-pays are steep. Either she had no insurance, had a dynamite insurance plan, or didn't care paying the fees.

Though regardless there are countless people that go into er's, rake up monster bills for medical care that could be done by going to a regular doctor's office, and those of us with insurance get to pay for them with higher fees.

The ACA is great to get these people coverage so they are going to a regular doctor's office to get the proper care, instead of abusing ER's as they have no other option.

I have no problem with that. I think she likely knew she was covered. She sat there calm as anything reading her book, chatting with my wife and even pulled out her knitting.

She didn't seem like a person needing immediate attention yet I had to wait, barely able to breathe due to asthma for a solid 35 minutes and then I watched her prance out looking just fine and saying good night to the people working the reception desk. She probably figured better than waiting for a doctor's appt and then having to wait in his office as well.

True story.

robmoney was the best the republicans could offer.

they just dont offer much

the voters agreed with that

STFU and get lost., Your inane ramblings and ranting is nothing more than a nuisance and a distraction to the sober, serious posters here who actually want to discuss things instead of acting like a druken fool posting random, incoherent nonsense unrelated to the topic. You're like a rabid dog that needs to be put down. You have to be the worst poster that ever graced this board.

Your OP says Romney was a bad candidate.

TM says Romney was the best the GOP had to offer.

Instead of launching into a personal attack, if you disagree with TM, why don't you tell us who would have been a better candidate?

I agree, Romney was a bad candidate, but no one else the GOP had to choose from could have done any better.

LOL. Rabid, we didn't vote for free 'shit'. We voted for a nation with more oppertunity for all, rather than just the one percent. We voted for a nation where what consenting adults do in privacy is their owned damned business, not some 'Conservative' busybody's. We voted for a nation where science trumps superstition, mythology, and willfull ignorance.

yes, but you want someone else to pay for you pills, condoms, and abortions,, yes sirrrrreee buddddy you voted for free shit.

And what about the people who voted for a 20% across the board tax cut and more defense spending while we already have a trillion plus deficit?

Weak defense is not what we need now. We are weak and everyone knows it. Im not talking about strength. I'm talking about how divided we are and lack of leadership. Look at Benghazi

She probably had insurance but figured what the hell, the insurance comapnay will pay for it so I'll go to the ER. I even asked the doctor when I went in why she was here? Naturally she couldn't say but rolled her eyes and did say, "don't ask me why she couldn't wait".

Most ER co-pays are steep. Either she had no insurance, had a dynamite insurance plan, or didn't care paying the fees.

Though regardless there are countless people that go into er's, rake up monster bills for medical care that could be done by going to a regular doctor's office, and those of us with insurance get to pay for them with higher fees.

The ACA is great to get these people coverage so they are going to a regular doctor's office to get the proper care, instead of abusing ER's as they have no other option.

I have no problem with that. I think she likely knew she was covered. She sat there calm as anything reading her book, chatting with my wife and even pulled out her knitting.

She didn't seem like a person needing immediate attention yet I had to wait, barely able to breathe due to asthma for a solid 35 minutes and then I watched her prance out looking just fine and saying good night to the people working the reception desk. She probably figured better than waiting for a doctor's appt and then having to wait in his office as well.

True story.

The ACA is a great thing for america. Thank your president for that :clap2:

Weak defense is not what we need now. We are weak and everyone knows it. Im not talking about strength. I'm talking about how divided we are and lack of leadership. Look at Benghazi

We need it but we're not going to get it.
Sequestration, baby! The Democrats bargained for this, let them have it. It gives them everything they want. They can run on the results.

True story.

The ACA is a great thing for america. Thank your president for that :clap2:

That's where we differ. He's not "my" President by any stretch of the imagination. For better or worse, you own him.

Last edited:

Voting for more defense spending while voting for a tax cut, instead of a tax increase to PAY for the defense spending,

is voting for 'free stuff'. That's what Romney supporters voted for. That's what Romney ran on - free stuff in the form of more defense spending that he was asking NO ONE to pay for.

We need it but we're not going to get it.
Sequestration, baby! The Democrats bargained for this, let them have it. It gives them everything they want. They can run on the results.

How do you propose to pay for increased defense spending? Whose taxes would you raise?

Postelection talk of "lessons learned" is often exaggerated and misleading, and so it is in 2012.

A week after President Obama won re-election, two themes are dominant. First, that Mr. Obama kept his job because key elements of his base—notably young people, African-Americans, Latinos and Asian-Americans—turned out for him. Second, that the growing size of these voting blocs represents a decisive challenge for the Republican Party.

Both points are true, but most observers are overstating the gravity of the GOP's problem. In particular, they are paying too little attention to how weak a candidate Mitt Romney was, and how much that hurt Republican prospects.

Here is what the exit poll found. Mr. Romney's personal image took a hard hit during the primary campaign and remained weak on election day. Just 47% of exit-poll respondents viewed him favorably, compared with 53% for Mr. Obama. Throughout the campaign, Mr. Romney's favorable ratings were among the lowest recorded for a presidential candidate in the modern era. A persistent problem was doubt about his empathy with the average voter. By 53% to 43%, exit-poll respondents said that Mr. Obama was more in touch than Mr. Romney with people like themselves

In short, the current American electorate is hardly stacked against the Republican Party. But Republicans should recognize that, on balance, Americans remain moderate—holding a mix of liberal and conservative views. They generally believe that small government is better and that ObamaCare is bad. But the exit poll shows that 59% believe abortion should be legal, 65% support a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, and a surprising plurality support legalizing same-sex marriage in their states.

Andrew Kohut: Misreading Election 2012 - WSJ.com

Since Romney actually received less votes than McCain, in an election that Republicans really thought they were going to win all the way to the end, Republicans must ask themselves who didn't vote for Romney that normally would have voted Republican.

Was it a lack of support from Social Conservatives? Was it a lack of support from Evangelicals? Was it a lack of support from Tea Party Republicans? Was it a lack of support from Pro-Lifers? Or was it a lack of support from moderate Republicans and Independents? I tend to believe it was a lack of support from moderate Republicans and Independents, but maybe I'm wrong.

Whatever the answer is, that is the first group that needs to be addressed. If it was the moderate Republicans and Independents, then doubling down on moving further to the right might not be a great idea.

robmoney was the best the republicans could offer.

they just dont offer much

the voters agreed with that

STFU and get lost., Your inane ramblings and ranting is nothing more than a nuisance and a distraction to the sober, serious posters here who actually want to discuss things instead of acting like a druken fool posting random, incoherent nonsense unrelated to the topic. You're like a rabid dog that needs to be put down. You have to be the worst poster that ever graced this board.

Sober? Serious?

lots of excuses on this thread. Be advised, you all are feeding into each other with false claims just like you did in this election.

Facts are, the GOP had no real candidate that could beat Obama, thats just the reality of the situation. Romney was the GOPs best shot, bar none.

Facts is I dont know a single Democrat who wants free shit. Its just an internal excuse the GOP is using to feel better about this monumental loss. The facts is more federal hand outs go to the states that always vote Republican, lots of irony here. The GOP is playing you people and you all need to wake up. For the betterment of this nation if anything.

Last edited:
First breath: "Them damn Mexicans are stealing our jobs. They are willing to work for peanuts"

Next breath: "Them damn Mexicans just want free shit"

in other words, oxygen thieves.

But seriously, I wonder when they will figure out these talking points are old and wont help the GOP gain power. I have faith the GOP will wake up soon enough.

Romney was an excellent candidate with an excellent message. His image was tarnished by Obama's ads and a compliant media. In the end Obama's constituency turned out to vote for free shit over addressing any problems we have as a country. We have tipped into being a gov't cheese nation, with people just vying to see how much Big Daddy is going to give them. This country is finished. The GOP cannot and should not play this game of pandering to minorities.
This is a fine example of confirmation bias. ^

If you read back over the threads during the Republican primary you will discover that among cons on this forum Romney received very little approval or support. I do believe you yourself had negative things to say about him.

That many of you changed your opinion of him once he won the primaries only speaks to your hatred of Obama. Romney was never a good candidate and most people know it.

The main reason people voted for Romney was because they hate Obama. Hate lost this time around.

Example #1:
Obama 2012 got fewer votes than Obama 2008 so the issue isn't limited to Romney.

and Obama won by more votes than Bush II did in his reelection. Both facts are irrelevant. More excuses......

You personally may have voted for that but many others had other motivations.

You really think this "Welfare Queen" shit is going to fly with most people?

Most people I know who voted for Obama have jobs, don't get any government benefits, but voted for him anyway because they realize that what is good for Wall Street isn't necessarily good for them. They weren't asleep during the 2008 crash...

Meanwhile, Romney's strongest constituency was old people, who are the biggest recipients of Government largress.

Not to mention Red States get more back from Washington than Blue states do. Which is what happens when a big rectangle with virtually no people in it gets two senators.

Romney was an excellent candidate with an excellent message. His image was tarnished by Obama's ads and a compliant media. In the end Obama's constituency turned out to vote for free shit over addressing any problems we have as a country. We have tipped into being a gov't cheese nation, with people just vying to see how much Big Daddy is going to give them. This country is finished. The GOP cannot and should not play this game of pandering to minorities.

^^Lessons Learned: Zero

If you go by the board here...you're right it seems. Jindal said something to the effect that "If you want voters to like you, you've got to like them." If that is true, the message is not being heard.

The GOP certainly can't be as dumb as some of it's members. "Excellent candidate" is about the most comical thing that was said recently.

^^Lessons Learned: Zero

If you go by the board here...you're right it seems. Jindal said something to the effect that "If you want voters to like you, you've got to like them." If that is true, the message is not being heard.

The GOP certainly can't be as dumb as some of it's members. "Excellent candidate" is about the most comical thing that was said recently.

4 years later; still Zero

Forum List

Back