less than 24 hours

Redz said:
but he will understand and value the troops in ways a civilian never could. good for rummy but hes way past retirement age anyhow, much older than he looks :tank:

His age does not diminish his capabilites, I believe he genuinely loves his job, and if he so wishes Bush would be happy to keep him on!

Zhukov said:
Has it occured to you that an excessive emotional attachment could actually be considered a detriment to doing that job?

Understand in a way a civilian never could? I just told you Rumsfeld is a vet. and their is little reason to expect him not to retain his post during a 2nd Bush term.
we'll see i guess, rummy is real old tho, and McCain is closest thing to bi-partizan appointment bush can make.
bye bye colin powell?
when is new cabinet announced?

What does bi-partisan matter? And didn't you say in the other thread that our parties are more or less the same anyways? I think you did.

I don't know that he does appoint a new cabinet if he's re-elected. I think everything just carries on as normal unless the President wishes to make changes. But I could be wrong.

Zhukov said:
What does bi-partisan matter? And didn't you say in the other thread that our parties are more or less the same anyways? I think you did.

I don't know that he does appoint a new cabinet if he's re-elected. I think everything just carries on as normal unless the President wishes to make changes. But I could be wrong.
i did, but i really like McCain
sounds right, i expect changes tho, certainly powell gone
who you think would be good sec of state?

Redz said:
i did, but i really like McCain
sounds right, i expect changes tho, certainly powell gone
who you think would be good sec of state?

My guess is that it will be up to the cabinet member to decide if they want to stay on or not and Bush will replace those who choose to leave. McCain wants to be in a high governmental position and really doesn't care which party he is in. I just hope Bush picks the best man for the job and does not try to appease anyone. The job is too important to play politics with.

Zhukov said:
I don't think Sec. Powell is leaving. I hope not.

But if he did I would like Dep. Sec. Armitage or Dr. Rice.
thats what i heard, but i'm miles away. i hope not too but if he goes then dr.Rice :banana:

dilloduck said:
My guess is that it will be up to the cabinet member to decide if they want to stay on or not and Bush will replace those who choose to leave. McCain wants to be in a high governmental position and really doesn't care which party he is in. I just hope Bush picks the best man for the job and does not try to appease anyone. The job is too important to play politics with.
i think McCains support at the convention had a price
i heard Rudi Giuliani is going to replace tom ridge at homeland security, good move i think! :coffee3:

Redz said:
i heard Rudi Giuliani is going to replace tom ridge at homeland security, good move i think! :coffee3:

Not if we want Hillary's Senate Seat.

Redz said:

And I expect him to be on the ticket in 2008 too!

Redz said:
McCain and RuDy are going to have a great fight for 2008 ticket, my money on rudy

If George loses we could bring him back for another try too! 4 years of Kerry may change some peoples mind !

Redz said:
rather not, but a point, but i think if Bush can't win it now, he won't win in 2008, and he'd end up haunted by defeat, just like his pappy :mm: :banana:

Things must be pretty boring in Ireland--I'm glad the US can provide some excitement for you :happy2:

Redz said:
rather not, but a point, but i think if Bush can't win it now, he won't win in 2008, and he'd end up haunted by defeat, just like his pappy :mm: :banana:

His father didn't run again because he was too old. In our history there has been one president that served, lost then ran again and won. That, I believe, was Benjamin Harrison. But I am going off memory and might be wrong.

freeandfun1 said:
His father didn't run again because he was too old. In our history there has been one president that served, lost then ran again and won. That, I believe, was Benjamin Harrison. But I am going off memory and might be wrong.
was old man Bush as old as old bob dole? :eek2:

Forum List

Back