less than 24 hours

dilloduck said:
So your excited that if Kerry wins the war will go better? :mm:
nah the war is as bad whoever leads,. what i would be happy to see the back of is the neo cons, don't like their stuff or their view of human nature. but whoever wins will have to unite a divided nation, tough job

Redz said:
nah the war is as bad whoever leads,. what i would be happy to see the back of is the neo cons, don't like their stuff or their view of human nature. but whoever wins will have to unite a divided nation, tough job
Interesting how all of the sudden you don't give a shit about the war if Kerry can win. What is the view of neo cons on human nature btw ?

Redz said:
but he will understand and value the troops in ways a civilian never could. good for rummy but hes way past retirement age anyhow, much older than he looks :tank:

hard workin' man.. On 9/11 he was out FRONT of the Pentagon personally helping... While Johnny Kerry was in a funk for a few hours... Typical liberal inability to act...

dilloduck said:
Interesting how all of the sudden you don't give a shit about the war if Kerry can win. What is the view of neo cons on human nature btw ?
do give a shit about the war, but it will continue probably throughout his 4 years. for me kerry is little better than bush
neo cons lead by leo strauss believe that the social and moral relativism of the 1960's was destroying the fabric of american society, (a fair point) to counter this they advocated the use of propaganda to create the impression that america was involved in a battle against evil in the form of the soviet union. this was to allow the people to have a sense of moral purpose in their lives. this involved hyping the soviet threat to instill fear that evil threatened america.
this also mean't the people rallied around the leader. so similarities do exist with the war on terror in my opinion
fundamentally they felt that the general public was too stupid to know the truth and so manipulated instead.thats what i don't like, i think the general population is much smarter than they are allowed to be, for a much clearer explanation see the recent bbc documentary "the power of nightmares"
or simply google "leo strauss", and read about him.
richard pearle and most of the defence dept are advocates of his work,as is cheney. not bush tho

Redz said:
do give a shit about the war, but it will continue probably throughout his 4 years. for me kerry is little better than bush
neo cons lead by leo strauss believe that the social and moral relativism of the 1960's was destroying the fabric of american society, (a fair point) to counter this they advocated the use of propaganda to create the impression that america was involved in a battle against evil in the form of the soviet union. this was to allow the people to have a sense of moral purpose in their lives. this involved hyping the soviet threat to instill fear that evil threatened america.
this also mean't the people rallied around the leader. so similarities do exist with the war on terror in my opinion
fundamentally they felt that the general public was too stupid to know the truth and so manipulated instead.thats what i don't like, i think the general population is much smarter than they are allowed to be, for a much clearer explanation see the recent bbc documentary "the power of nightmares"
richard pearle and most of the defence dept are advocates of his work,as is cheney. not bush tho

It must be nice to have lived in a country that didn't have to worry about the USSR due to America's vigilence!

Redz said:

HYPING the soviet threat ???? You been eating them Irish mushrooms again??

musicman said:
Redz:

So, Soviet tyranny and Islamic terrorism are "invented evils"?
no i did'nt say that, but they are hyped and spun to feed into the idea that america is a force for good in the world, its just a force for america.if its enemys are evil, then the moral centre of america is restored with some subtle spin!
look reading about this leo strauss guy will inform you better than i can. but i do believe his political theorys have played a role recently, and none of these guys(pearle, rummy etc..) are afraid to admit they are neo cons. i think they are manipulative and would be glad to see the back of them wheather bush wins or not!
:afro:

Redz said:
no i did'nt say that, but they are hyped and spun to feed into the idea that america is a force for good in the world, its just a force for america.if its enemys are evil, then the moral centre of america is restored with some subtle spin!
look reading about this leo strauss guy will inform you better than i can. but i do believe his political theorys have played a role recently, and none of these guys(pearle, rummy etc..) are afraid to admit they are neo cons. i think they are manipulative and would be glad to see the back of them wheather bush wins or not!
:afro:

tin hat time :tinfoil:

dilloduck said:
HYPING the soviet threat ???? You been eating them Irish mushrooms again??
i wish!! look it up for yourselves, i bet you think america defeated communism!!!
guess what bin laden and his gang think they finished the soviets off in afganisatan!!
soviet union really collasped because its economy was rotton and inefficent.
it collasped by itself!

freeandfun1 said:
Because Reagan out-spent them on weapons programs which led to technologies that drove our economy in the 90s.
yes thats part of it, but fundamentally it was their own economic woes that finished them off.

Redz said:
i wish!! look it up for yourselves, i bet you think america defeated communism!!!
guess what bin laden and his gang think they finished the soviets off in afganisatan!!
soviet union really collasped because its economy was rotton and inefficent.
it collasped by itself!

And the arms raced we forced them into brought these flaws to bear in a quicker fashion. At the very least.

rtwngAvngr said:
And the arms raced we forced them into brought these flaws to bear in a quicker fashion. At the very least.
yeah true, but look up leo strauss if bush wins, his theorys will have influence on policy

Redz said:
yeah true, but look up leo strauss if bush wins, his theorys will have influence on policy

What do you perceive as his most harmful theory?

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=1233

"The great significance of Strauss for mainstream conservatives is that his is the deepest philosophical analysis of what is wrong with liberalism. Technocratic, legalistic, and empirical criticism of liberalism is all very well, but it is not enough. He believes that contemporary liberalism is the logical outcome of the philosophical principles of modernity, taken to their extremes. In some sense, modernity itself is the problem. Strauss believed that liberalism, as practiced in the advanced nations of the West in the 20th century, contains within it an intrinsic tendency towards relativism, which leads to nihilism. He first experienced this crisis in his native Germany’s Weimar Republic of the 1920s, in which the liberal state was so ultra-tolerant that it tolerated the Communists and Nazis who eventually destroyed it and tolerated the moral disorder that turned ordinary Germans against it. A Jew, he fled Germany in 1938. We see this problem repeated today in the multiculturalism that sanctions the importation into the West of Moslem fundamentalists whose foremost aim is the destruction of the Western society that makes that tolerance possible, and in an America so frightened of offending anyone that it refuses to carry out the basic duty of any normal state to guard its own borders."

Sounds like a great guy to me.

Forum List

Back