Less than 1/2 of the victims of the Holocaust remembered

Defining the Holocaust
In 1979, the President's Commission on the Holocaust provided the following definition to help guide the Council and its observances:

The Holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic annihilation of six million Jews by the Nazis and their collaborators as a central act of state during the Second World War; as night descended, millions of other peoples were swept into this net of death. It was a crime unique in the annals of human history, different not only in the quantity of violence -- the sheer numbers killed -- but in its manner and purpose as a mass criminal enterprise organized by the state against defenseless civilian populations. The decision to kill every Jew everywhere in Europe: the definition of Jew as target for death transcended all boundaries.... The concept of the annihilation of an entire people, as distinguished from their subjugation, was unprecedented; never before in human history had genocide been an all-pervasive government policy unaffected by territorial or economic advantage and unchecked by moral or religious constraints.... The Holocaust was not simply a throwback to medieval torture or archaic barbarism, but a thoroughly modern expression of bureaucratic organization, industrial management, scientific achievement, and technological sophistication. The entire apparatus of the German bureaucracy was marshaled in the service of the extermination process.[5 ]
Days of Remembrance of the Victims of the Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We must never forget, however, that for each person who was rescued and survived the Holocaust, countless more were killed. As we remember stories of rescue, therefore, we must first honor the memory of Holocaust victims by countering indifference with vigilance and apathy with action.
2012 Days of Remembrance

It is truly right and fitting that we remember all of the victims of the Holocaust;

A ) the 6,000,000 Jews that were killed

B ) the approximately 1,800,000 Polish Slavs that were killed

C ) the approximately ( estimates vary ) 7 to 12 million Russian Slavs ( including 3,200,000 POWs ) that were killed

D ) the approximately 1,500,000 Romani that were killed.

E ) also the physically and mentally disabled, the homosexuals, the Muslims, and others that were killed.
All of these were killed by the same means as the Jews were killed !!!

If we only remember the Jewish victims then we are being indifferent to the millions of others that suffered the same horrors ! If we do not tell the true history of the Holocaust and learn all of it's lessons, then we will not remain vigilant , and thus NOT be prepared to counter the conditions that will allow another Holocaust to occur ! So everyone here should take an oath that when the Holocaust is remembered they will do their best to tell the whole story

I SWEAR TO DO SO

There were 11 million people killed during the holocaust, 6 million of whom were jews. And when I studied the subject in college, we emphasized that.

The distinction is that the only group essentially wiped out, was european jewry which, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists.

Defining the Holocaust
In 1979, the President's Commission on the Holocaust provided the following definition to help guide the Council and its observances:

The Holocaust was the systematic, bureaucratic annihilation of six million Jews by the Nazis and their collaborators as a central act of state during the Second World War; as night descended, millions of other peoples were swept into this net of death. It was a crime unique in the annals of human history, different not only in the quantity of violence -- the sheer numbers killed -- but in its manner and purpose as a mass criminal enterprise organized by the state against defenseless civilian populations. The decision to kill every Jew everywhere in Europe: the definition of Jew as target for death transcended all boundaries.... The concept of the annihilation of an entire people, as distinguished from their subjugation, was unprecedented; never before in human history had genocide been an all-pervasive government policy unaffected by territorial or economic advantage and unchecked by moral or religious constraints.... The Holocaust was not simply a throwback to medieval torture or archaic barbarism, but a thoroughly modern expression of bureaucratic organization, industrial management, scientific achievement, and technological sophistication. The entire apparatus of the German bureaucracy was marshaled in the service of the extermination process.[5 ]
Days of Remembrance of the Victims of the Holocaust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We must never forget, however, that for each person who was rescued and survived the Holocaust, countless more were killed. As we remember stories of rescue, therefore, we must first honor the memory of Holocaust victims by countering indifference with vigilance and apathy with action.
2012 Days of Remembrance

It is truly right and fitting that we remember all of the victims of the Holocaust;

C ) the approximately ( estimates vary ) 7 to 12 million Russian Slavs ( including 3,200,000 POWs ) that were killed

E ) also the physically and mentally disabled, the homosexuals, the Muslims, and others that were killed.

If we only remember the Jewish victims then we are being indifferent to the millions of others that suffered the same horrors ! If we do not tell the true history of the Holocaust and learn all of it's lessons, then we will not remain vigilant , and thus NOT be prepared to counter the conditions that will allow another Holocaust to occur ! So everyone here should take an oath that when the Holocaust is remembered they will do their best to tell the whole story

I SWEAR TO DO SO

There were 11 million people killed during the holocaust, 6 million of whom were jews. And when I studied the subject in college, we emphasized that.

The distinction is that the only group essentially wiped out, was european jewry which, for all intents and purposes, no longer exists.

Either you got a very bad education or you didn't really understand what was being said. The number of victims of the Holocaust is approximately 6 Million and they were Jews. It is true that the Nazi's intended to kill about 11 million Jewzs in all, but they never got that far.

I SWEAR TO DO SO

Either you got a very bad education or you didn't really understand what was being said. The number of victims of the Holocaust is approximately 6 Million and they were Jews. It is true that the Nazi's intended to kill about 11 million Jewzs in all, but they never got that far.

What Jillian meant is that 11 million (or 12 by some estimates) PEOPLE were exterminated by the Nazis, not just Jews. Six million JEWS were killed, and because Jews are such a small nation, practically every Jewish family had relatives murdered (like mine). Plus, Hitler screamed "kill the Jews" loudest, and had a special hatred for us.

What Jillian meant is that 11 million (or 12 by some estimates) PEOPLE were exterminated by the Nazis, not just Jews. Six million JEWS were killed, and because Jews are such a small nation, practically every Jewish family had relatives murdered (like mine). Plus, Hitler screamed "kill the Jews" loudest, and had a special hatred for us.

Well, then she is wrong and giving aid and comfort to Holocaust deniers by confusing the issue.

Well, then she is wrong and giving aid and comfort to Holocaust deniers by confusing the issue.

So according to you, only Jews died in the nazi camps? You're denying that others were killed too? This board is so full of deniers I'm calling Simon Weisenthal right now!

i don't lie just to make people like you feel better. what gives "aid and comfort" to anti-semitic trash is to debate based on untruths.

11 million people died. The only group subjected to genocide were jews.

Does that make you feel better? I am not confusing the issue. Truth doesn't "confuse".

Start from there...

Last edited:

i don't lie just to make people like you feel better. what gives "aid and comfort" to anti-semitic trash is to debate based on untruths.

Does that make you feel better? I am not confusing the issue. Truth doesn't "confuse".

Start from there...

I can't help it that you are ignorant about history. Far more than 11 million people died in WWII. But only about 6 million people died in the Holocaust, and they were Jews. There was also an attempt at genocide against Gypsies, but that considered far fewer numbers and was never as organized.

I don't know where you got your 11 million number from, but you should learn a bit more about WWII before spouting nonsense.

So according to you, only Jews died in the nazi camps? You're denying that others were killed too? This board is so full of deniers I'm calling Simon Weisenthal right now!

The Nazi extermination camps at Chelmno, Treblinka, Sobibor, Belzec, Auschwitz-Birkenau and Maidanak were indeed established specifically for the killing of Jews. Obviously there were many other concentration camps, but they were not part of the holocaust, nor were they specifically designed to kill or exterminate people. The Holocaust was wider than the 6 extermination camps, which formed only the culmination. Earlier phases took the form of extermination by Einsatzgruppen.

The Nazi extermination camps at Chelmno, Treblinka, Sobibor, Belzec, Auschwitz-Birkenau and Maidanak were indeed established specifically for the killing of Jews. Obviously there were many other concentration camps, but they were not part of the holocaust, nor were they specifically designed to kill or exterminate people. The Holocaust was wider than the 6 extermination camps, which formed only the culmination. Earlier phases took the form of extermination by Einsatzgruppen.
Sorry, but limiting the remembrance of the horrors of WWII to Jews is racist and only buys into the myth that Jews are more special than other groups. Therefore the holocaust is BULLSHIT! See how that works? Nice and easy. :thanks:

Start from there...

I can't help it that you are ignorant about history. Far more than 11 million people died in WWII. But only about 6 million people died in the Holocaust, and they were Jews. There was also an attempt at genocide against Gypsies, but that considered far fewer numbers and was never as organized.

I don't know where you got your 11 million number from, but you should learn a bit more about WWII before spouting nonsense.

I'm ignorant about the history of *my* people?

:rofl:

please don't help us. lying lunatic fringers don't do anything to help jews.

thanks for playing.

Start from there...

thanks for playing.

No "people" are free of ignorants. I notice you don't know how to tell us where you got that 11 million number or what ot precisely refers to.

I'm not a lunatic fringer, just a historian who prefers that people, whatever their ethnic background, talk with a minimum of factual accuracy about historical events.

thanks for playing.

No "people" are free of ignorants. I notice you don't know how to tell us where you got that 11 million number or what ot precisely refers to.

I'm not a lunatic fringer, just a historian who prefers that people, whatever their ethnic background, talk with a minimum of factual accuracy about historical events.

no. you're a liar who is choosing facts because you think it helps your fallacious argument.

Fact: ELEVEN million people were murdered in concentration camps.
FACT: SIX million of those people were Jews because unlike the mixed group of the other FIVE million, Jews were targeted for genocide and were, in fact, wiped out of Europe.

I'm not sure why you need to lie. The facts are pretty horrendous on their own.

you calling yourself a "historian" is laughable. And the fact that your lies led the discussion to facts that anyone who actually has studied history knows, instead of refuting the insanity of the anti-semitic holocaust deniers, is exactly why the lies of people like you don't help us.

thanks for playing.

no. you're a liar who is choosing facts because you think it helps your fallacious argument.

Fact: ELEVEN million people were murdered in concentration camps.
FACT: SIX million of those people were Jews because unlike the mixed group of the other FIVE million, Jews were targeted for genocide and were, in fact, wiped out of Europe.

I'm not sure why you need to lie. The facts are pretty horrendous on their own.

you calling yourself a "historian" is laughable. And the fact that your lies led the discussion to facts that anyone who actually has studied history knows, instead of refuting the insanity of the anti-semitic holocaust deniers, is exactly why the lies of people like you don't help us.

You really are completely ignorant about the history of Nazi Germany, the Second World War II and the Holocaust. You don't even grasp the difference between concentration camps and extermination camps. You don't even know that a large percentage of the 6 million Jews who were murdered in the Holocaust did not die in the extermination camps but were killed by Einsatzgruppen. And the number of people who were killed in the concentration camps ran into the hundres of thousands, but not millions, let alone 5 million. You are confusing total number of inmates with deaths here.

As for it being laughable that I'm a historian, I have a PhD in history actually.

Forum List

Back