Lesbians Look to Boot Boy Scouts From Own Facilities

IMO, any group that benefits from taxpayer's money has no right to discriminate.

I agree 100%.

But in this case, I don't see how the Boy Scouts are benefitting from taxpayer money. It doesn't say anywhere that the lease is subsidized or that they're paying below market rates.
SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego City Council Tuesday approved a 25-year extension of the Boy Scouts' lease in Balboa Park, with an option for another 15 years. The City Council approved the lease on a 6-3 vote during a City Council meeting that dragged on for more than seven hours. For more than 80 years, the prime location has cost the Boy Scouts next to nothing to lease, 10News reported. Now critics wanted to see that deal brought to an end.Camp Balboa has been home to the Scouts since 1948. In 1957, the organization signed a lease deal with the city costing just $1 a year for 50 years.
City Council Renews Boy Scout Lease - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

I'd say $1.00 a year for 16 plus acres is waaay below market value.

Yeah, they're getting perks from the government that no one else gets. They should have to choose between the government perks and the ability to discriminate. They can't have both.

I did too. It is right there in black and white. I can't help it that you cannot see. The judge said the Boyscouts were a faith based organization. He didn't say that I said that.

Me and my ****** friends are doing quite well thank you. I don't know what's going on down at niggerland park. Maybe you can enlighten me there on that issue.

wtf? being a faith based organization makes it OK to discriminate using public property?

MEEEEEEEEEEP! wrong answer.

and, if you can't make the connection that I'm drawing between discriminatory uses of the Klan at NIGGERLAND PARK and the Scouts and GAYPURGE RETREAT then I guess it's clear why you reach for the mellodrama.

IMO, any group that benefits from taxpayer's money has no right to discriminate.

I agree 100%.

But in this case, I don't see how the Boy Scouts are benefitting from taxpayer money. It doesn't say anywhere that the lease is subsidized or that they're paying below market rates.
SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego City Council Tuesday approved a 25-year extension of the Boy Scouts' lease in Balboa Park, with an option for another 15 years. The City Council approved the lease on a 6-3 vote during a City Council meeting that dragged on for more than seven hours. For more than 80 years, the prime location has cost the Boy Scouts next to nothing to lease, 10News reported. Now critics wanted to see that deal brought to an end.Camp Balboa has been home to the Scouts since 1948. In 1957, the organization signed a lease deal with the city costing just $1 a year for 50 years.

I'd say so too.

Just wondering how you'd know that a boy was successfully taught to be a man if you can't define it.

If I can't define what? I wouldn't know how to teach a boy to be a man because I've never been a man. I'm not going to elaborate on the qualities on men I find admirable because I'm sick of threads becoming about me and getting closed because I answered someone else's question. So, if you're having fun go ahead and keep trying to bait me, I'm not biting.

Again, a simple question based on a comment you made and now you think I'm baiting you:cuckoo:.

You're all for "men teaching boys to be men" yet you can't define how that would be done? What qualities would you want to see a boy acquire to be considered a man? Did I dumb it down enough for you? Why do you even bother making assertions that you can't support?
awww...quit picking on the poor victim....:lol:...

I agree 100%.

Yeah, they're getting perks from the government that no one else gets. They should have to choose between the government perks and the ability to discriminate. They can't have both.

Again, FWIW from the San Diego newspaper article...

The lease requires the Boy Scouts to spend at least $1.7 million on the property during the first seven years of the renewed agreement.

That's not exactly $1 a year. It's over $20k a month. It's not all benefit for boy scouts, all loss for the gov't.

I did too. It is right there in black and white. I can't help it that you cannot see. The judge said the Boyscouts were a faith based organization. He didn't say that I said that.

Me and my ****** friends are doing quite well thank you. I don't know what's going on down at niggerland park. Maybe you can enlighten me there on that issue.

wtf? being a faith based organization makes it OK to discriminate using public property?

MEEEEEEEEEEP! wrong answer.

and, if you can't make the connection that I'm drawing between discriminatory uses of the Klan at NIGGERLAND PARK and the Scouts and GAYPURGE RETREAT then I guess it's clear why you reach for the mellodrama.

Correct me if I am wrong. Do you feel that it is OK for someone to sue on their perceived presumption that they might or will be discriminated against even though it hasn't happened yet?

Are you saying that a faith based organization should not be allowed to operate a public facility that is open to all even though the faith based organization is improving the property for everyone's use? The issue of public property being leased is moot. What you're alluding to is that companies and corporations who lease real or tangible public property can be sued on the mere notion that the possibility exists for them to be sued for discrimination although this percieved discrimination at the facility has not happened yet. The mere fact that it could is enough for a suit?

Does anyone else appreciate the irony that the Boy Scouts are riddled with closeted homos and pedophiles? :lol:

Will a boy be expelled from the Boy Scouts if he comes out of the closet?

I believe so.

Boy Scouts of America membership controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I find the following line from a BSA policy statement:

Boy Scouts of America believes that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the obligations in the Scout Oath and Scout Law to be morally straight and clean in thought, word, and deed.

Seeing that Boy Scouts are age 10-17, I find it interesting that they find any sexual conduct acceptable.

Does anyone else appreciate the irony that the Boy Scouts are riddled with closeted homos and pedophiles? :lol:

Do you suppose they have their policies in place so they can expel them with cause when they're discovered. I seriously doubt that most parents would be ok with gay scout masters, it seems like they are doing what their membership wants.

The boyscouts AREN'T a faith based organization....

and if they are, it must suck for them that their star eagle is a jew kid from ny.

Shawn Goldsmith: A Scouting Legend | The Moderate Voice
It has already been adjudicated and established in the disposition that they are faith based. It is a scary thing that opens up an ugly can of worms.

I think it is great for the young man from NY whether he is a jew or not does not matter. Rodney's nephew was not a jew nor a christian nor catholic or protestant. He was a young American boy that earned his eagle badge. He worked hard for it and he still works hard today as an adult.

The problem with faith based organizations is that they politicized. That's the very reason we got America. The Church of England would not allow for the commoner to sue the king.

The "commoner" is not allowed to sue the "king" here either... sovereign immunity is lifted only to the extent it is lifted by legislation by the "sovereign".

A) a deposition isn't an "adjudicaton".

Do you suppose they have their policies in place so they can expel them with cause when they're discovered. I seriously doubt that most parents would be ok with gay scout masters, it seems like they are doing what their membership wants.

I suppose. But I don't know why they would legally need cause to expel anyone.

Will a boy be expelled from the Boy Scouts if he comes out of the closet?

I believe so.

Boy Scouts of America membership controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I find the following line from a BSA policy statement:

Boy Scouts of America believes that homosexual conduct is inconsistent with the obligations in the Scout Oath and Scout Law to be morally straight and clean in thought, word, and deed.
Seeing that Boy Scouts are age 10-17, I find it interesting that they find any sexual conduct acceptable.
Anything in there about bestiality?

I suppose. But I don't know why they would legally need cause to expel anyone.

I don't think it's about legality so much as an assurance to parents.

The "commoner" is not allowed to sue the "king" here either... sovereign immunity is lifted only to the extent it is lifted by legislation by the "sovereign".

A) a deposition isn't an "adjudicaton".
It was already disposed of concerning the fact that it is a faith based organization. Read the full article. The case now is whether they have standing.

Forum List

Back