Lesbians Look to Boot Boy Scouts From Own Facilities

So? Does your selective outrage only run one way?
All is fair game when you open pandora's box ravi.
So you do admit that your outrage is selective. IMO, any group that benefits from taxpayer's money has no right to discriminate. Apparently in your view, groups that you agree with have the right to discriminate.

I am not surprised.
Your words not mine.

If a church member never walks into a gay and lesbian support group facility that is supported with tax dollars and they "feel" they are not going to be recieved with opened arms should they sue them for discriminating because they don't "feel" like they will be supported?

I am sure someone will put that to the test to see how well it works for them.

I'm surprised that anyone takes anything published by WorldNetDaily seriously. They have as much credibility as The National Enquirer.

All is fair game when you open pandora's box ravi.
So you do admit that your outrage is selective. IMO, any group that benefits from taxpayer's money has no right to discriminate. Apparently in your view, groups that you agree with have the right to discriminate.

I am not surprised.
Your words not mine.

If a church member never walks into a gay and lesbian support group facility that is supported with tax dollars and they "feel" they are not going to be recieved with opened arms should they sue them for discriminating because they don't "feel" like they will be supported?

And when it happens will you come on here and express your disapproval? No, of course you won't because you're all about the "gay agenda" as your first post on this thread indicated.

Actually, that IS the issue... according to your thread title (from WND, no less)

Lesbians Look to Boot Boy Scouts From Own Facilities

Now, when you say OWN FACILITIES and the article specifically states that there is a LEASE involved then what the hell are you even complaining about anyway? If I rent an apartment and turn it into a friggin brothel my landlord can kick me out. Yes? For all the outrage and knee jerk reaction after we've already decided this kind of conflict between tax-based gov land and the scout's take on homosexuality, WHY THE HELL ARE YOU NOT OUT BUYING THE BOY SCOUTS THEIR OWN LAND?

You iknow.. ACTUAL property that is ACTUALLY OWNED by the scouts instead of being rented from a gov that will continue to hold non-biased standards?

The same reason the LGBT's are not buying their own fucking land with their own fucking money to build on.

Church members pay taxes. Like it or not the people in those churches have businesses, jobs and pay property taxes. They have the same entitlements to have support groups as any other organization out there.

As body of members they have every right to ask for equal treatment when it comes to public lands as any other non profit organization out there does.

AGAIN, are the gay organizations REQUIRING A SPECIFIC SEXUALITY TO PARTICIPATE? a SPECIFIC RELIGION? Just answer those two questions before you waste too much effort typing out some lame threat of retort based more out of scorn than facts. Until you can prove that gay organizations that use public property are discriminating, LIKE WE KNOW THE SCOUTS ARE, then you really have no platform to stand on.
Again. If I "feel" like they will discriminate against me even though I know I am not gay and I know I have certain beliefs in my faith I have the right to sue even if I just "feel" like I will be discriminated against.

"Feel" like being the key word here.

"Morally straight" has nothing to do with sexual preference, and these attacks on the Boy Scouts are a disgusting attempt to undermine the moral fabric of our society.

I support gay rights, more even than most Democrats, but I will choose the Scouts over these provocateurs every single time.

Bah! Boy scouts are bullshit anyway. If I cared about them one tiny bit I might care about this more, but I don't. To hell with that vile custom.

KittenKoder said:
Bah! Boy scouts are bullshit anyway. If I cared about them one tiny bit I might care about this more, but I don't. To hell with that vile custom.

What's your problem with the Boy Scouts? It's a fine tradition that teaches boys to grow up to become fine upstanding men; it helps to uphold the moral virtues of society.

KittenKoder said:

What's your problem with the Boy Scouts? It's a fine tradition that teaches boys to grow up to become fine upstanding men; it helps to uphold the moral virtues of society.
Their uniforms are ghey.

i have the exact opposite opinion
we need scouting now, more than ever before because the need is now greater
there are more kids in single parent homes who are without direction and discipline
i've followed all of my scouts, they are solid contributors to our community - people i am very proud to know

pity that the scout organization had to ruin a good thing by imposing criteria which excluded many who could benefit from their program. but that is the organization's call to make

KittenKoder said:

Their uniforms are ghey.

The whole thing is gay, a bunch of boys camping alone ... come on, seriously.

The same reason the LGBT's are not buying their own fucking land with their own fucking money to build on.

Church members pay taxes. Like it or not the people in those churches have businesses, jobs and pay property taxes. They have the same entitlements to have support groups as any other organization out there.

As body of members they have every right to ask for equal treatment when it comes to public lands as any other non profit organization out there does.

AGAIN, are the gay organizations REQUIRING A SPECIFIC SEXUALITY TO PARTICIPATE? a SPECIFIC RELIGION? Just answer those two questions before you waste too much effort typing out some lame threat of retort based more out of scorn than facts. Until you can prove that gay organizations that use public property are discriminating, LIKE WE KNOW THE SCOUTS ARE, then you really have no platform to stand on.
Again. If I "feel" like they will discriminate against me even though I know I am not gay and I know I have certain beliefs in my faith I have the right to sue even if I just "feel" like I will be discriminated against.

The flaw in your opinion is that WE KNOW the scouts discriminate. You don't KNOW the gay organizations discriminate outside of a spiteful retort. Again, get your lawsuit on. you'll be sorely disappointed.

I was a scout as a kid and enjoyed the hell out of it. I'm not knocking the scouts as an organization for young dudes... But, this isn't about the kids; this is about an organizational standard which conflicts with the legal inability of a gov to selectively allow tax based property to be used to discriminate. If the scouts want to maintain their anti-gay standard then let them do so on private property like the klan has to.

Their uniforms are ghey.

The whole thing is gay, a bunch of boys camping alone ... come on, seriously.

What is wrong with boys learning from men how to be a man? Are you telling me that your dad never took your brothers camping? Is a pair of tits and a uterus required to teach boys how to be men these days?

I am not surprised.
Your words not mine.

And when it happens will you come on here and express your disapproval? No, of course you won't because you're all about the "gay agenda" as your first post on this thread indicated.
Actually it is more about the "anti" agenda.

I could care less what the gays and lesbians do if it is not affecting my belief system.

They have the right to their building and tax breaks as do the churches. They can preach their sexual mannerisms all day long if they like in their facilities or even the facilities that they have built and maintain with tax payer dollars. Hell they even have the right to assemble on public property. Why not as they as they follow the same rules as everyone else. After all it is their belief system. If they want to build a park and campground on a leased public property they should ask the city if for some vacant property and go for it. They can exclude hetrosexuals and believers if they like. That would be their right as a group with a certain belief system.

They are in as much discriminating against churches as they believe the churches are against them. It is called a belief system. The churches have a right to believe that in what is wrong and immoral in as much as the gays and lesbians and atheist have the right to think what they think and preach as to what they think is not immoral.

The flaw in your opinion is that WE KNOW the scouts discriminate. You don't KNOW the gay organizations discriminate outside of a spiteful retort. Again, get your lawsuit on. you'll be sorely disappointed.
We also know that other organizations discriminate when they have certain beliefs. The Boyscouts are for boys. Girl scouts are for the girls. They both are seperating the boys from the girls. This is as stupid as if a girl sued them for not welcoming her in there because she is a girl and she knows Boyscouts is for boys so she won't "feel" welcome.

They can exclude hetrosexuals and believers if they like.

but thats the crux of your failure here.. THEY ARE NOT DISCRIMINATING AGAINST HETEROS OR CHRISTIANS LIKE THE SCOUTS ARE AGAINST GAYS AND NON-CHRISTIANS.

why do you keep avoiding this besides the obvious reason?

We also know that other organizations discriminate when they have certain beliefs. The Boyscouts are for boys. Girl scouts are for the girls. They both are seperating the boys from the girls. This is as stupid as if a girl sued them for not welcoming her in there because she is a girl and she knows Boyscouts is for boys so she won't "feel" welcome.

See? The scouts are all gay as hell.

Again, you make a case AGAINST THE SCOUTS NOT THE FAGS. So, who are the gays DISCRIMINATING AGAINST? Clearly, the BOYscouts don't include girls. No shit. And, if some womens organization wants to make a case that such should restrict the scouts from public property then so be it.. But, it will happen AFTER the scouts lose based on open anti-gay discrimination.

AGAIN, WHY WONT YOU TELL US ALL, AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF, GAY ORGANIZATIONS DISCRIMINATING AGAINST NON-FAGS AND CHRISTIANS?

Forum List

Back