Lesbians Look to Boot Boy Scouts From Own Facilities

Your words not mine.

If a church member never walks into a gay and lesbian support group facility that is supported with tax dollars and they "feel" they are not going to be recieved with opened arms should they sue them for discriminating because they don't "feel" like they will be supported?

I am sure someone will put that to the test to see how well it works for them.
And when it happens will you come on here and express your disapproval? No, of course you won't because you're all about the "gay agenda" as your first post on this thread indicated.
Actually it is more about the "anti" agenda.

I could care less what the gays and lesbians do if it is not affecting my belief system.

They have the right to their building and tax breaks as do the churches. They can preach their sexual mannerisms all day long if they like in their facilities or even the facilities that they have built and maintain with tax payer dollars. Hell they even have the right to assemble on public property. Why not as they as they follow the same rules as everyone else. After all it is their belief system. If they want to build a park and campground on a leased public property they should ask the city if for some vacant property and go for it. They can exclude hetrosexuals and believers if they like. That would be their right as a group with a certain belief system.

They are in as much discriminating against churches as they believe the churches are against them. It is called a belief system. The churches have a right to believe that in what is wrong and immoral in as much as the gays and lesbians and atheist have the right to think what they think and preach as to what they think is not immoral.
but does that church have the right to fight to not allow homosexuals certain rights? It isn't that they care about they believe in, it is the fact some of these churches feel it is their business what homosexuals do and how they live their life. Today in my local paper there is a pastor fighting to not allow gays to have a domestic partnership. Why don't they let the homosexuals do what they believe in and mind their own freakin business.

They can exclude hetrosexuals and believers if they like.

but thats the crux of your failure here.. THEY ARE NOT DISCRIMINATING AGAINST HETEROS OR CHRISTIANS LIKE THE SCOUTS ARE AGAINST GAYS AND NON-CHRISTIANS.

why do you keep avoiding this besides the obvious reason?
Bullshit the gays and atheist are discriminating against believers. In fact so much they have started this let's sue the Boyscouts routine in cities throughout the country. The Salvation Army is included in their right to sue as this anti Christian movement that is going down.

Freedom of religion is a basic right that certain anti's are seeking out to destroy. They are discriminating. It is that simple. They are applying their faith and beliefs. The gays and antichrist are doing the same thing when they build their organizations to support their beliefs. I don't see it as all bad. If they are going to organize I think they should each have their own organizations with their core values.

If the antichrist, atheist, and gays want their own campgrounds to preach their beliefs they should go to the city and ask to lease vacant land and build their own facility. They can set their own rules and belief systems into place in their own facilities even if they are leasing from the city.

Bullshit the gays and atheist are discriminating against believers. In fact so much they have started this let's sue the Boyscouts routine in cities throughout the country. The Salvation Army is included in their right to sue as this anti Christian movement that is going down.

The boyscouts are a religious organization? Since when? I've never heard of the Church of the Boyscouts.

Freedom of religion is a basic right that certain anti's are seeking out to destroy. They are discriminating. It is that simple. They are applying their faith and beliefs. The gays and antichrist are doing the same thing when they build their organizations to support their beliefs. I don't see it as all bad. If they are going to organize I think they should each have their own organizations with their core values.

You're all over the place with that one... the boyscouts are not a "christian" group... nor a religious sect.

And they aren't being sued to stop their "core beliefs" (although why hatred would ever be proudly considered a "core belief" is beyond me.

antichrist?

thanks but no thanks...

If the antichrist, atheist, and gays want their own campgrounds to preach their beliefs they should go to the city and ask to lease vacant land and build their own facility. They can set their own rules and belief systems into place in their own facilities even if they are leasing from the city.

antichrist? atheists? gays?

quite a group of people to dislike there....

and no, the lesbian group which LEASES the property shouldn't have to go through a group that teaches discrimination against them.

it would be like me having to go through a group of jihadis.

And I find it really strange that relious types confuse separation of church and state with the laws that protect against discrimination.

let me know when someone forces your church to accept gays.

pssssst... don't worry. i promise it will never happen.

And when it happens will you come on here and express your disapproval? No, of course you won't because you're all about the "gay agenda" as your first post on this thread indicated.
Actually it is more about the "anti" agenda.

I could care less what the gays and lesbians do if it is not affecting my belief system.

They have the right to their building and tax breaks as do the churches. They can preach their sexual mannerisms all day long if they like in their facilities or even the facilities that they have built and maintain with tax payer dollars. Hell they even have the right to assemble on public property. Why not as they as they follow the same rules as everyone else. After all it is their belief system. If they want to build a park and campground on a leased public property they should ask the city if for some vacant property and go for it. They can exclude hetrosexuals and believers if they like. That would be their right as a group with a certain belief system.

They are in as much discriminating against churches as they believe the churches are against them. It is called a belief system. The churches have a right to believe that in what is wrong and immoral in as much as the gays and lesbians and atheist have the right to think what they think and preach as to what they think is not immoral.
but does that church have the right to fight to not allow homosexuals certain rights? It isn't that they care about they believe in, it is the fact some of these churches feel it is their business what homosexuals do and how they live their life. Today in my local paper there is a pastor fighting to not allow gays to have a domestic partnership. Why don't they let the homosexuals do what they believe in and mind their own freakin business.
People make choices. When people join a church those people still have the right to believe what they want.

When you put anything to a social vote people on both sides on an issue are going to band together. That is the way the democratic system works.

No. They aren't discriminating against anyone. They are fighting against others who are discriminating against them, which they have a right to do. Exactly what makes you think discriminatory groups should be allowed taxpayer funds and resources?

Please cite a court case where gays were attempting to tell Christians they couldn't believe something. The issue isn't whether Christians can hate gays or not, the issue is whether they get privileged by the government to hate gays. Yes, the US government is anti-hate, and pro-equality. Don't like it? Feel free to move to the anti-gay utopias in the middle east.

Actually there are standards and guidelines groups need to meet to lease from cities. Its not about "wanting their own campgrounds" anyhow, its about not liking their taxpayer dollars being used to support groups that discriminate against them. A completely reasonable position.

Their uniforms are ghey.

The whole thing is gay, a bunch of boys camping alone ... come on, seriously.

What is wrong with boys learning from men how to be a man? Are you telling me that your dad never took your brothers camping? Is a pair of tits and a uterus required to teach boys how to be men these days?

I think a lot of the problems our society has is because here aren't enough men teaching boys how to be men. If the boy scout tradition is in favor of more men teaching boys to be men then I'm all for it.

FWIW, from the article....

The Scouts allowed the public to have full access to the parks, yet two couples filed suit simply because they didn’t like the beliefs of the Scouts organization.

It doesn't seem like anyone was denied use of the facility or that being a boy scout was a requirement.

The boyscouts are a religious organization? Since when? I've never heard of the Church of the Boyscouts.

You're all over the place with that one... the boyscouts are not a "christian" group... nor a religious sect.

And they aren't being sued to stop their "core beliefs" (although why hatred would ever be proudly considered a "core belief" is beyond me.

antichrist?

thanks but no thanks...

antichrist? atheists? gays?

quite a group of people to dislike there....

and no, the lesbian group which LEASES the property shouldn't have to go through a group that teaches discrimination against them.

And I find it really strange that relious types confuse separation of church and state with the laws that protect against discrimination.

let me know when someone forces your church to accept gays.

pssssst... don't worry. i promise it will never happen.

You need to look at the history of the Boyscouts. It is a Christian faith based organization and it has alway been a Christian faith based program. That is why they are being sued and have been sued over and over again throughout the nation.

If we are going to make religious comparisons let do this. It is like having a jihadist saying they do not "feel" welcome into your synagogue and then sueing it for not being able to disrupt services with a bomb.

The Salvation Army has also always been a Christian faith based organization. That is why they have also been sued. They have certain moral beliefs and they sets their standards by those core values. Like it or not they do have that right.

The "core beliefs" is why they are being sued. Did you not read the quotes in the initial OP? They "feel" like they are being discriminated against even though they have never went to the campground.

Better yet read a story that tells the history of what is transpiring.
Boy Scouts Petition U.S. Supreme Court for Appeal

Going to a city govenment and asking to lease ground from the city so you can build a facility for your organization is like walking through a jihadist camp? This does not make sense Jillian.

The Scouts allowed the public to have full access to the parks, yet two couples filed suit simply because they didn’t like the beliefs of the Scouts organization.

It doesn't seem like anyone was denied use of the facility or that being a boy scout was a requirement.

That's World Net Daily spin... not facts of the case.

Do you have any source that says the public was denied use of the facility?

I ask because I think it's an important distinction. If non-boy scouts were denied use I can easily see why some would protest this, if not... I'm at a loss for what the argument is.

"Lesbian and agnostic couples who had never visited the facilities sued the Scouts on a claim that they felt offended by the fact that the city leases the public property to a 'morally straight' organization such as the Boy Scouts," the public interest legal groups said. "There were no religious symbols at the facilities."

They have never been to the facility. Their contention is they feel offended by the fact that the Boy Scouts represent "morally striaght" ideals.

It is perfectly fine that these same groups of people have gotten taxpayer properties and funds to teach and assist gays and lesbians? Hogwash!

Shogun I feel offended by what you seem to me to represent. Possibly I should sue you.

If my internet connection was subsidized by the GOVERNMENT then go ahead and get your lawsuit on. But, because I am actually using a PRIVATE CONNECTION then I guess you are shit out of luck.

Like i said, why the hell are the scouts not BUYING THEIR OWN LAND instead of crying every time a gov applies the same standards that Catholic Charities used to bitch about?

Hey, Shogun. I agree with you here. I like your analogy to the apartment. I used to ask my landlord all sorts of requests for what I could do with the room that I was renting. If the Boy Scouts would simply buy the land, then the whole topic would be a non-issue. I finally learned that buying (with all of its risks) is better than renting.

They can exclude hetrosexuals and believers if they like.

but thats the crux of your failure here.. THEY ARE NOT DISCRIMINATING AGAINST HETEROS OR CHRISTIANS LIKE THE SCOUTS ARE AGAINST GAYS AND NON-CHRISTIANS.

why do you keep avoiding this besides the obvious reason?

You are full of shit. NOT ONE SINGLE FAG is out keeping your hetero xtian ass from participating in ANY of their events. Holding the gov to a standard of non-discrimination is NOT discrimination against christians. Thats like saying that it was RACIST against WHITES to prohibit the klan from stringing up ******* in the south. But, again, I invite you to get your lawsuit on if you can prove that anyone discriminates against you. Until then, take your fucking ass to some private property if you want to marginalize.

Until you start getting kicked the fuck out of gay events for being hetero OR christian then feel free to act like an angry child thowing a foot stomping fit because you were told that you can't have a toy every time you enter a wal mart.

:thup:

What is wrong with boys learning from men how to be a man? Are you telling me that your dad never took your brothers camping? Is a pair of tits and a uterus required to teach boys how to be men these days?

I think a lot of the problems our society has is because here aren't enough men teaching boys how to be men. If the boy scout tradition is in favor of more men teaching boys to be men then I'm all for it.

Fair enough... AND, as long as the scouts insist on filtering gays in a discriminatory manner I'll continue to support them being kicked off of tax based, public property. This would be a non-issue if the scouts had their own property to sit back and hate gays on. I support the premise of the boy scouts but not the martyr routine that comes along with their stance on gays.

Yeah, send those impressionable kids to a troop meeting so they can learn how to scratch their balls, burp and spit. Ya know, those manly things :)

What exactly would be in a lesson you teach to kids on how to be men?

first.. who the hell is the lessee to decide who shall have access to leased land when the lessor is a gov that represent the general public?

second, The scouts are pretty clear about their anti-gay standard. Do you think they would have allowed a gay scout master to enjoy the land with his gay troop?

This is nothing but empty mellowdrama by the scouts. They should buy their own land with donations from all the motherfuckers bellyaching that the sky is falling.

You need to look at the history of the Boyscouts. It is a Christian faith based organization and it has alway been a Christian faith based program. That is why they are being sued and have been sued over and over again throughout the nation.

If we are going to make religious comparisons let do this. It is like having a jihadist saying they do not "feel" welcome into your synagogue and then sueing it for not being able to disrupt services with a bomb.

The Salvation Army has also always been a Christian faith based organization. That is why they have also been sued. They have certain moral beliefs and they sets their standards by those core values. Like it or not they do have that right.

The "core beliefs" is why they are being sued. Did you not read the quotes in the initial OP? They "feel" like they are being discriminated against even though they have never went to the campground.

Going to a city govenment and asking to lease ground from the city so you can build a facility for your organization is like walking through a jihadist camp? This does not make sense Jillian.

Boy Scouts discriminate against gays. This is a simple, and well known fact. Hence, they should not be given preferential treatment by the United States government. Whether the premises were open or closed to the public is irrelevant.

And did you seriously just compare letting gays into the boy scouts to setting a bomb off in a synagogue? Sorry, but theres just a slight difference between the two. Like, oh I don't know, all the dead people.

Forum List

Back