Legalizing Drugs Eliminates The Black Market

It also allows for better Control over the price. Criminals can basically charge whatever they want for marijuana. A lot of cities marijuana markets are controlled by one or two major gangs. And the dealers connected with those gangs can charge whatever they want.
Taking those gangs control of the product away from the free market to take over, And prices will go back down to where they are based on market factors instead of what criminals want to charge.

I can go to california and buy an ounce of weed for far less than I would be able to buy it in a state where it's still illegal. Even with the added sales taxes.
Black marketeers are subject to the same economic laws that everyone else is.

They have next to no overhead and don't have to fork over the protection racket cut to the gubmint.....Street dealers are cheaper, and have high quality product as well.....The only thing they won't have is $100,000 of inventory on hand.

It's more expensive than that from your local black market dealer, with the overhead and taxes.
not that much...i can get an 8th for 30-to 60 bucks depending on how potent i want it...and unlike the illegal guy i know what i am getting....and its always there...when i used to buy it from the black market guy if he couldnt get any you were out of luck....

Lol

Prohibition was a nightmare. That is why it was repealed.
Domestic violence reduced as people slowly got back to work and men went off to war and died.
Drunk driving deaths exploded as car ownership exploded.

You one of this AA nut jobs?

Not to mention the growth of violent criminal gangs of bootleggers and speak easy owners.

They have next to no overhead and don't have to fork over the protection racket cut to the gubmint.....Street dealers are cheaper, and have high quality product as well.....The only thing they won't have is $100,000 of inventory on hand.
thats not always true.....one time me and a friend went to pick up a pound,it smelled like gasoline....no we didnt buy it....

Street dealers also won't take credit cards as a rule. Terms are cash on the barrelhead.

the point is that will never happen at a shop.....never....

How would you know? Legal stores for other products have some pretty deplorable wares for sale. Just because it didn't happen to you yet, doesn't mean it won't in the future or hasn't happened to someone else already.

I'm paying $50 an ounce for pot that was $250 an ounce when it was illegal.

The "overhead" for street dealers is the cost of getting busted and going to jail. As well as bribing law enforcement to leave you alone.

Growers have their names on their products so we know where it came from and the THC levels. We're also allowed to grow 4 plants each. I'm just in the process of ordering seeds this week.

I'm paying $50 an ounce for pot that was $250 an ounce when it was illegal.

The "overhead" for street dealers is the cost of getting busted and going to jail. As well as bribing law enforcement to leave you alone.

Growers have their names on their products so we know where it came from and the THC levels. We're also allowed to grow 4 plants each. I'm just in the process of ordering seeds this week.

Good for you. If the goal of legal grass is a reduction in the illegal trade, the key is to keep the prices reasonable. Otherwise, the opening will remain open for gangsters, peddling bootleg dope and stuff that fell out of the back of trucks.

If the price is low enough for you, then your jurisdiction is doing what it can do to promote illegal grass.

But a lot of US jurisdictions have confiscatory level taxation on the whacky tobacky, which opens the door to the criminal element.

Good for you. If the goal of legal grass is a reduction in the illegal trade, the key is to keep the prices reasonable. Otherwise, the opening will remain open for gangsters, peddling bootleg dope and stuff that fell out of the back of trucks.

If the price is low enough for you, then your jurisdiction is doing what it can do to promote illegal grass.

But a lot of US jurisdictions have confiscatory level taxation on the whacky tobacky, which opens the door to the criminal element.

The fancy dispensaries in the city are pricey. Shopping mall rents, high end store fixtures and lots of staff. We have a funky little walk in around the corner with low rents, thrift store fixtures, and three people working there. Very cheap!

The diff is you don't have to scour the streets looking and have to deal with people who can't always be trusted.

Forum List

Back