Legal Gay Marriage in the United States- yes or no?

Should same gender couples be able to legally marry in the United States

• Yes

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters
The issue has been put to rest. Gays can marry. This right has been enjoyed by gays in the past and there has always been an upheaval where the culture collapsed and had to start over without gay marriage.

So there's that.
Wanna give the 411 on where this has occurred?

Not according to law..
I'm just giving my opinion I do not know what the laws are in each state. "Gay Marriage is legal in CA that is all I know.
If I were gay and living with my partner why in the world would I want to marry? With the breakup rates among gays as high as it is...no thanks.

Well each of us have to decide whether we want to marry or not.

The couple that sued to end DOMA had been together 40 years, and married when they could legally. They chose marriage as lots of couples do- straight or gay.

Not according to law..
I'm just giving my opinion I do not know what the laws are in each state. "Gay Marriage is legal in CA that is all I know.
If I were gay and living with my partner why in the world would I want to marry? With the breakup rates among gays as high as it is...no thanks.

Common law in California is 7 years!

I still have yet to see any example of anyone being jailed for being in an illegal gay marriage.

Not according to law..

I still have yet to see any example of anyone being jailed for being in an illegal gay marriage.
That's because it didn't happen...

Not according to law..

The couple that sued to end DOMA had been together 40 years, and married when they could legally. They chose marriage as lots of couples do- straight or gay.

Darn those Clintons!

Not according to law..

Really? You think so?

Yet we were told it was illegal..

You would think at least one would have been arrested during this illegal era!

Can the far left drones here show anyone that was arrest for being in an illegal gay "marriage"?

Also you drones realize that the marriage license was born out of racism right?
Be that as it may, you still need a license to be legally married...
However, churches have been marrying folks long before the establishment of the US, and when the US passes to the dust bin of history, unincorporated churches will still marry folks that know the difference between what is "legal" and what is "lawful."

14th%2Bamendment%2Bcitizen%2Binc.jpg

We shall see how many of them marry gay folks, or indeed, how many gay folk even wish to get married at that point.

I had an uncle that lived with his partner for 50 years until death. Their painful anguish over not being able to marry was sad to watch. I didn't really understand it, they lived as if they were married, they even had legal documents written up for hospital and other rights as if the were man and wife. Yet it consumed them, caused them to eventually hate their nation, church and fellow Americans. I'm convinced It led to their isolation at the end of their life. What a waste, why couldn't they just be happy?...

Can the far left drones here show anyone that was arrest for being in an illegal gay "marriage"?

However, churches have been marrying folks long before the establishment of the US, and when the US passes to the dust bin of history, unincorporated churches will still marry folks that know the difference between what is "legal" and what is "lawful."

We shall see how many of them marry gay folks, or indeed, how many gay folk even wish to get married at that point.
Yes if people have religion and want a church wedding, my pastor came to my Grandmother's house and married my first wife and myself the other two times it was justice of the peace that did it..Yet no wedding ceremony can take the place of a long term successful loving relationship among humans..God said to love one another, not hate one another...

Well the marriage license in the US started to keep blacks from marrying whites, you would think with this racist past the far left would want to do away with it!

I had an uncle that lived with his partner for 50 years until death. Their painful anguish over not being able to marry was sad to watch. I didn't really understand it, they lived as if they were married, they even had legal documents written up for hospital and other rights as if the were man and wife. Yet it consumed them, caused them to eventually hate their nation, church and fellow Americans. I'm convinced It led to their isolation at the end of their life. What a waste, why couldn't they just be happy?...
Institutionalized guilt is even supported by the ghey community...and the church....

Simple question- simple unscientific poll- do you think that same gender couples in the United States should be able to legally marry?
Just as Dred Scott learned, it’s the law of the land.

Yeah because treating gay couples equally before the law is the exact same thing as not treating a black man equally before the law. Thank you Roy Moore for your opinion.

View attachment 163461
You don’t draw lines of morality?

Incest, polygamy, pedophillia all OK with you?

I just know history better so I know where the line should be.

Simple question- simple unscientific poll- do you think that same gender couples in the United States should be able to legally marry?

Yeah because treating gay couples equally before the law is the exact same thing as not treating a black man equally before the law. Thank you Roy Moore for your opinion.

View attachment 163461

Marriage in history has always been about a system of support for oppressed women in society...Oppressed by a male dominated society that gave few if any rights to women...

The government has no business in anyone's bedroom. I've always maintained that government should not even be in the marriage business. However, if it is going to be, then it has to treat everyone equally. A stance that cannot be said of the left.

What is the difference between legal and lawful as it applies to same sex couples? The constitution doesn't define anyone as "real" men or women. Are you saying gay people aren't real?

View attachment 163461

I bet you are okay with men in their 30s preying on teens at the mall, amirite?

Not according to law..

Really? You think so?

Yet we were told it was illegal..

You would think at least one would have been arrested during this illegal era!

Georgia's amendment passed in 2004 to prevent gay marriage or legal recognition of domestic partnerships
(a) This state shall recognize as marriage only the union of man and woman. Marriages between persons of the same sex are prohibited in this state.
(b) No union between persons of the same sex shall be recognized by this state as entitled to the benefits of marriage. This state shall not give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other state or jurisdiction respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other state or jurisdiction. The courts of this state shall have no jurisdiction to grant a divorce or separate maintenance with respect to any such relationship or otherwise to consider or rule on any of the parties' respective rights arising as a result of or in connection with such relationship.[3]

View attachment 163461

I bet you are okay with men in their 30s preying on teens at the mall, amirite?
Still pushing that lie?

Forum List

Back