Legal Gay Marriage in the United States- yes or no?

Should same gender couples be able to legally marry in the United States

• Yes

Votes: 27 71.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 28.9%

• Total voters

Syriusly

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2014
Simple question- simple unscientific poll- do you think that same gender couples in the United States should be able to legally marry?

Whats your point, and what exactly is a legal marriage.

But no, no one, not even gays should have to go through the Government to partner up. The government needs to get out of the Marriage business.

But no, no one, not even gays should have to go through the Government to partner up. The government needs to get out of the Marriage business.

I would have put 'I think there should be no legal marriage' if that was the question I was asking.

Marriage is legal in the United States- with licenses issued by the state- as such- the question is whether same gender couples should be treated as legal equals when it comes to marriage as opposite gender couples.

And yes- legally at the moment this question is moot. But there are people who don't agree with the current legal situation- and those who do- and that is the point of this 'poll'

I would have put 'I think there should be no legal marriage' if that was the question I was asking.

Marriage is legal in the United States- with licenses issued by the state- as such- the question is whether same gender couples should be treated as legal equals when it comes to marriage as opposite gender couples.

And yes- legally at the moment this question is moot. But there are people who don't agree with the current legal situation- and those who do- and that is the point of this 'poll'

upload_2017-11-29_17-25-26.jpeg
Not that again!!

For as long as straight couples are able to, yupp.
Was that ever in question??
I think itll probably happen that the state, within the scope of 50yrs or so, realizes that theyve no actual reasoning to be involved in marriage.
Well , how and why do you think that will come about. ? Will there be popular support for it , even if government wants out.? While government has not always been involved in marriage, it is quite entangled with it now , with all of the state and federal benefits that are bestowed on married people . It seems like it would be a hell of a fight trying to "fix " something that isn't broken.

Forum List

Back