Leftist comedian calls Trump's 10 year old kid a date-rapist. Media is silent

The press attacked the Bush twins and crucified the Palin kids but never touched Obama's kids. The evil press only attacks kids of republicans.

No widespread press outrage over disparaging tweets about Barron Trump

jan 23 2017 Remember not too long ago when a GOP aide had to resign because she posted on her Facebook page a disparaging remark about then-President Barack Obama’s daughters and their dresses?

So where I ask is the media outrage over the cruel, viral comments made about 10-year-old Barron Trump?

As his father was getting sworn into office, “Saturday Night Live” writer Katie Rich tweeted: “Barron will be this country’s first homeschool shooter.”

A Comedy Central writer said Barron Trump “looks like a very handsome date-rapist to be.”
The author of the tweet, Stephen Spinola seems to be proud of his bullying, sharing a story from Bustle headlined, “‘Funny tweets about Barron at the Inauguration aren’t appropriate,’” and replying, “Wow, my tweet didn’t even make it into this article - that’s bull–t.”
The families of politicians are fair game...

The press attacked the Bush twins and crucified the Palin kids but never touched Obama's kids. The evil press only attacks kids of republicans.

jan 23 2017 Remember not too long ago when a GOP aide had to resign because she posted on her Facebook page a disparaging remark about then-President Barack Obama’s daughters and their dresses?

So where I ask is the media outrage over the cruel, viral comments made about 10-year-old Barron Trump?

As his father was getting sworn into office, “Saturday Night Live” writer Katie Rich tweeted: “Barron will be this country’s first homeschool shooter.”

A Comedy Central writer said Barron Trump “looks like a very handsome date-rapist to be.”
The author of the tweet, Stephen Spinola seems to be proud of his bullying, sharing a story from Bustle headlined, “‘Funny tweets about Barron at the Inauguration aren’t appropriate,’” and replying, “Wow, my tweet didn’t even make it into this article - that’s bull–t.”
The families of politicians are fair game...

They are to assholes.

She needs to be fired, if NBC were smart they shouldn't risk loss of advertisers by keeping her on SNL, but that is their decision.

I agree- people getting fired makes people realize that the kids are off limits.

If Rush Limbaugh had been fired back when, lots of this crap that followed probably would have been prevented.

Back then, I admit I was younger and laughed at his comments, a few years later I saw how absolutely wrong I was to find humor in his insults. I am not sure if I would blame Limbaugh, I remember people poking fun at Amy Carter.

We don't need to come out and condemn every action, just condemn all the actions as a whole and then move on.

This being petty gets us nowhere. The common ground for most of us is to condemn all the insulting of the kids.

The common ground for 'most of us' is to condemn all the insulting of the kids.

But for a fair number in this thread what is going on in here isn't 'petty' really- its just the usual partisan bullshit- and using Barron as fodder for their bullshit.

We have our disagreements, however I agree with you 100% on this issue. Thank you for taking the high road.

I am not sure I am taking the 'high road' so much as the right road :)

Its really not that hard- don't be an asshole- don't attack the kids.
Condemn those who do attack them.
Don't try to rationalize why some attacks are okay and others aren't.
Then why do you rationalize away the left doing? You spent pages going on about how the right did it too after your initial post.

1. she worked in government.
2. her post was a racist screed, as i recall.
3. this person is a comedian
4. whether i think he was right or not, again, he isn't in government. surely even idiot rightwingnuts can see the distinction.

that said, i do think politicians kids should be left alone unless they do something like.... oh... i don't know.... act as shills for their parent's then pretend you're for celibacy then get knocked up....for the second time).

Thats not the point, Obamas children were attacked continuously by the right wing fanatics, and you never defended them
How do you know? The extreme mass majority finds this behavior unacceptable! I think this is where Libs and Cons can both agree.
I don't ever recall a single republican defending Obamas children against the attacks.
What attacks? I'm only aware of one or two and they weren't attacks, just critical.

Forum List

Back