Left Wing Journalists Want Govt. to Shut Down Fox News

On Fox News last week, Governor Rick Perry (R-Texas) shamelessly lied that he has never received a phone call from the Obama White House, earning himself a “Pants on Fire” rating from Politifact.com: Governor Rick Perry says he’s never fielded phone call the Obama White House.

Both the White House’s information and Perry’s own schedule contradict his claim he’s never had a call from this White House. Presuming his state schedule reflects what actually happened, Perry got such a call two weeks before the Fox interview aired.
Little Green Footballs - Gov. Rick Perry Lies on Fox News

Has Fox pointed out their right wing politico LIED?

Last edited:
I was just going to post something about that.

They don't seem to find anything WRONG with the fact people were talking and planning on using the Government to try and SHUT DOWN Fox news.

very telling isn't it.

Fox News is found to be editing videos, so you start using that old fear tactic again? :rofl:

You seem to not get it. If the Government wanted to shut down Fox News, they would of done so by now and you could of done nothing about it. Dumb hack.

well bully for you. maybe when they get done with Fox news, they will come after your Mod job and shut this place down. then we will see who will be the LAUGHING and accusing others of using FEAR.

Nevermind those who are too brainwashed to understand how valuable a news organization like Fox is or how dangerous it would be to shut them down. They'll continue to make their uninformed, snarky and sometimes juvenile comments and they seem to believe that is reasoned debate. Those types don't bother me.

The scariest thing about Modbert's post though is that he seems to believe the government has the power to do that. That means that he has accepted that there is no such thing as First Amendment Rights, the Constitution is null and void, and we the people are at the total mercy of the government and have no more say in our persons, fate, or destiny.

The Founders must be rolling in their graves today. Their beautiful vision of a people who would govern themselves and be free of monarchy, despotism, dictatorship, or totalitarianism seems to be in grave peril these days. Too many now believe that everything is the property of the government who should determine what we shall be allowed to have, what we can hear, what we can see, what we can know.

That is the most depressing part about any of this.

Yup, and you are not a REAL mod either. you just play one on a message board..:lol:

My moderator status has nothing to do with this thread or our argument. In fact, I do believe you are jealous of said status. :eusa_think:

Guess what Steph? I don't care what people who think Obama is gonna come take them out of their homes and transport them to FEMA Death Camps like yourself think. :rofl:

Fox News is found to be editing videos, so you start using that old fear tactic again? :rofl:

You seem to not get it. If the Government wanted to shut down Fox News, they would of done so by now and you could of done nothing about it. Dumb hack.

well bully for you. maybe when they get done with Fox news, they will come after your Mod job and shut this place down. then we will see who will be the LAUGHING and accusing others of using FEAR.

Nevermind those who are too brainwashed to understand how valuable a news organization like Fox is or how dangerous it would be to shut them down. They'll continue to make their uninformed, snarky and sometimes juvenile comments and they seem to believe that is reasoned debate. Those types don't bother me.

The scariest thing about Modbert's post though is that he seems to believe the government has the power to do that. That means that he has accepted that there is no such thing as First Amendment Rights, the Constitution is null and void, and we the people are at the total mercy of the government and have no more say in our persons, fate, or destiny.

The Founders must be rolling in their graves today. Their beautiful vision of a people who would govern themselves and be free of monarchy, despotism, dictatorship, or totalitarianism seems to be in grave peril these days. Too many now believe that everything is the property of the government who should determine what we shall be allowed to have, what we can hear, what we can see, what we can know.

What's depressing is the spin that you've swallowed from Fox News. This whole view comes straight out of Fox News.

Are you a moron? Really? Are you a moron?

1.) You accuse anyone who doesn't agree with you to be brainwashed, talk about hackery.

2.) Did I say the government has the power to do that? No. However, the government has done plenty of things in their history that they didn't have the power to do.

3.) Thanks to bills like the Patriot Act (which people YOU voted for passed), my first amendment rights can pretty much be stripped from me at any given time.

Yup, and you are not a REAL mod either. you just play one on a message board..:lol:

My moderator status has nothing to do with this thread or our argument. In fact, I do believe you are jealous of said status. :eusa_think:

Guess what Steph? I don't care what people who think Obama is gonna come take them out of their homes and transport them to FEMA Death Camps like yourself think. :rofl:

wow, so mods can now just make up shit that people "supposedly" said.
I never said one damn thing about FEMA death camps, you lying little prick.

You certainly are the type to believe it. You seem to think Obama is going to go and shut down Fox News. Watch out Steph! He's coming for you! He's at your door! Quick! Run back down to the bunker! :rofl:

You seem to not get that I'm not saying you said anything, I'm mocking you as you justly deserve it.

I'm posting in the capacity of a member, not a mod. Learn the difference.

It's a comment on your Obama paranoia. Tell me you have none.

Modbert...she wasn't told about the death camps???

WTF? You were supposed to notify everyone!

Are you a moron? Really? Are you a moron?

1.) You accuse anyone who doesn't agree with you to be brainwashed, talk about hackery.

2.) Did I say the government has the power to do that? No. However, the government has done plenty of things in their history that they didn't have the power to do.

3.) Thanks to bills like the Patriot Act (which people YOU voted for passed), my first amendment rights can pretty much be stripped from me at any given time.

No I don't accuse those who don't agree with me to be brainwashed. I only accuse those who make really dumb statements that dutifully parrot the partisan line and can't be backed up with anything substantive as being brainwashed.

I didn't accuse you of being brainwashed, for instance. But if you should make those same dumb statements in the same unsupportable way, I would probably see you as a candidate too.

But yes, you DID say that the government has power to do that. I quoted you and Steph's response in my post. You can go back and see that you DID say that.

And in all due respect, government can't do ANYTHING that they don't have the power to do. It can do things that are dumb. It can do things that are unethical and/or self serving. It can do things that are illegal. But it can't do ANYTHING that it doesn't have the power to do.

And I'm not going to divert the focus here to the Patriot Act which as many people like you have voted for as have people like me. Perhaps you don't realize that a far left leaning power base in Congress and the White House renewed the Patriot Act and have continued to fully fund it.

So how about lets focus on whether Fox News should be shut down or not as that is the topic of this thread.

Last edited:

You certainly are the type to believe it. You seem to think Obama is going to go and shut down Fox News. Watch out Steph! He's coming for you! He's at your door! Quick! Run back down to the bunker! :rofl:

You seem to not get that I'm not saying you said anything, I'm mocking you as you justly deserve it.

I'm posting in the capacity of a member, not a mod. Learn the difference.

oh well, you certainly are an asshole. and I'm saying that as a MEMBER.
and who gives a shit who you mock. it makes you look like the ass you are.

Well hey, she's the one who was probably too paranoid to fill out her census form because "Owe Bama" was going to use it to take all her monies. :eusa_shhh:

That's what I used to notify everyone.

oh well, you certainly are an asshole. and I'm saying that as a MEMBER.
and who gives a shit who you mock. it makes you look like the ass you are.

Me an asshole? Well hey, when I'm putting up with a lot of bullshit such as in this thread I suppose that would make sense then, no?

You certainly give a shit since you continue to complain to me about it. You're the one acting paranoid, and you can't even see it.

Well hey, she's the one who was probably too paranoid to fill out her census form because "Owe Bama" was going to use it to take all her monies. :eusa_shhh:

That's what I used to notify everyone.

circle jerks just aren't a pretty thing to watch.

Steph watches Glenn Beck. He already told her about the FEMA death camps.

http://www.datehookup.com/Thread-239789.htm

It's been debunked.

CLAIM: "There is a minimum of one confirmed concentration camp built on American soil in rural Wyoming. " The (Department of Homeland Security) accidentally placed these photos on a publicly accessible portion of their website " (but) they were pulled within one hour. " The images are not gone forever though."

FACT: These actually are legitimate images of "forced-labor colonies, camps, and prisons"--in North Korea. The images were taken from "The Hidden Gulag: Exposing North Korea's Prison Camps," a report prepared by the Washington D.C.-based Committee for Human Rights in North Korea.

Then someone manipulated the headers, photo dates and annotations. The original five images, showing a dorm for prisoners, forced-labor shops and guard towers, are here. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) "When we first got the photos, we had no idea they were prison camps," said Matthew McKinzie, one of the men responsible for collecting the imagery. "The North Korean gulags are work gulags; the prisoners are forced to work and live in what look like North Korean villages. It wasn't until we began interviewing former prisoners that we knew what we were looking at." In the fakes, original maps and geographic coordinates have been covered by poorly pasted DHS logos. The whole thing may have been a hoax--the name of the made-up facility, "Swift Luck Greens," is an anagram for "Left Wing Suckers"--but it's evidence that once things get passed around the Internet, they can lose context and the wildest theory wins.
The Evidence: Debunking FEMA Camp Myths - Popular Mechanics

Last edited:
Steph watches Glenn Beck. He already told her about the FEMA death camps.

CLAIM: "There is a minimum of one confirmed concentration camp built on American soil in rural Wyoming. " The (Department of Homeland Security) accidentally placed these photos on a publicly accessible portion of their website " (but) they were pulled within one hour. " The images are not gone forever though."

FACT: These actually are legitimate images of "forced-labor colonies, camps, and prisons"--in North Korea. The images were taken from "The Hidden Gulag: Exposing North Korea's Prison Camps," a report prepared by the Washington D.C.-based Committee for Human Rights in North Korea.

Then someone manipulated the headers, photo dates and annotations. The original five images, showing a dorm for prisoners, forced-labor shops and guard towers, are here. (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) "When we first got the photos, we had no idea they were prison camps," said Matthew McKinzie, one of the men responsible for collecting the imagery. "The North Korean gulags are work gulags; the prisoners are forced to work and live in what look like North Korean villages. It wasn't until we began interviewing former prisoners that we knew what we were looking at." In the fakes, original maps and geographic coordinates have been covered by poorly pasted DHS logos. The whole thing may have been a hoax--the name of the made-up facility, "Swift Luck Greens," is an anagram for "Left Wing Suckers"--but it's evidence that once things get passed around the Internet, they can lose context and the wildest theory wins.
The Evidence: Debunking FEMA Camp Myths - Popular Mechanics

awww you poor thing, being dragged into all this.
tsk tsk

No I don't accuse those who don't agree with me to be brainwashed. I only accuse those who make really dumb statements that dutifully parrot the partisan line and can't be backed up with anything substantive as being brainwashed.

I didn't accuse you of being brainwashed, for instance. But if you should make those same dumb statements in the same unsupportable way, I would probably see you as a candidate too.

But yes, you DID say that the government has power to do that. I quoted you and Steph's response in my post. You can go back and see that you DID say that.

And in all due respect, government can't do ANYTHING that they don't have the power to do. It can do things that are dumb. It can do things that are unethical and/or self serving. It can do things that are illegal. But it can't do ANYTHING that it doesn't have the power to do.

And I'm not going to divert the focus here to the Patriot Act which as many people like you have voted for as have people like me. Perhaps you don't realize that a far left leaning power base in Congress and the White House renewed the Patriot Act and have continued to fully fund it.

So how about lets focus on whether Fox News should be shut down or not as that is the topic of this thread.

Parrot the partisan line? Are you kidding me? This entire thread is parroting the partisan line! How many months ago was it that the same people on USMB were complaining that Obama was going to shut down Fox News? Did it ever happen? Obviously not, because here you all are bitching about it yet again.

The government having the power and the government having the right to do that are two different things Foxfyre. Learn the difference. For example: The Government has the power to enter your home without a warrant and arrest you, however, they do not have the right to do so. See the difference?

Far left? Are you kidding me? People like Dennis K in Congress never supported the Patriot Act. Or Russ Feingold. Those are the far left. However, the far right sure as hell supports it. You tell me people I voted for supported it? :rofl:

I have never voted in my life, in case you forget, I'm voting in my first election come this fall. And I can say clearly that it's because of people like you who follow the partisan bullshit and eat that bait like a hungry fish that this country is the way it is today. You continue to support the same people to this day who wish to see the Patriot Act powers expanded further.

Forum List

Back