Left Wing Journalists Want Govt. to Shut Down Fox News

You would think that the other cable news channels and the networks would be impressed with Fox's ratings that beat the pants off all the rest and sometimes beat all the others combined. Of the top rated news programs on television these days, Fox News has most of them. Maybe all now. I haven't looked in awhile.

And why is that?

Well Fox carries news the network news and their cable affiliates won't report until forced to by Fox if then.

Just as a sampling:

A health department official stating that Medicare, Medicaid, and the new healthcare reform bill will be used to redistribute wealth.

A State Dept official likening the Arizona immigration law to abuses of civil rights in China.

Van Jones, high level czar signing onto the conspiracy theory that 9/11 was an inside government job.

ACORN encouraging people to engage in illegal activity including prostitution and sex trade with minors.

The New Black Panthers urging people to kill crackers and their babies.

And most recently Shirley Sherrod discriminating against white people when carrying out her government function.

Why weren't these stories carried on the network news or their cable affiliates before Fox broke the story? They all certainly had the information at the same time Fox had it. But they spike the stores because each one had potential to embarrass the current administration and/or those who support it. Such stories are apparently taboo these days. Fox reports all the good stuff re the Obama administration that the network and their cable affiliates report but they also report the rest of it too.

So of course the radical leftists want to shut down Fox News and anybody else who is getting ALL the news out there. They would control the message if they could so you would hear only what they want you to hear. They would and did report anything embarrassing or uncomplimentary to the Bush administration. But not their guys. Nope they have to be sheltered and protected and anything bad has to be covered up immediately.

And that is the dismal state that journalism has achieved. It no longer is the Fourth Estate committed to the right of the people to know. It is mostly now a shill and P.R. tool of the current powerbase in government.

All except for Fox News.

And Fox will continue to beat the pants off the rest of them in ratings, because there are still Americans who aren't content to be brainwashed that everything is just wonderful and peachy and keen.

Popularity and ratings are meaningless. Finding the facts these days is hard work.

Last edited:
Goldcatt - I believe that is the second time you insinuated that I was some kind of super secret paid political operative blogging for the Republicans. I'm very flattered.

You're right, I don't think you're paid. I just think you're being a hyper partisan for free. Should PM Sinatra and ask her if she can get you a in with a boss.

LOL.
proof right there, the left HATES for us to have FREEDOM OF SPEECH. and if they could shut IT down, they would in a HEARTBEAT.

I don't want Fox shut down, but I want them to stop lying.

LOL, it's seems it's only YOU lefties who "claim" they are lying.
Just look at their ratings, the number one news channel. so it seems more American people don't AGREE with your foolish accusations.
but nice try.

I just Googled "Lies of Fox News" and there are 4,390,000 pages of links, many including videos. All those are "leftie" sites? Or should you perhaps be a tad worried that Fox has had that reputation since Day One.

You would think that the other cable news channels and the networks would be impressed with Fox's ratings that beat the pants off all the rest and sometimes beat all the others combined. Of the top rated news programs on television these days, Fox News has most of them. Maybe all now. I haven't looked in awhile.

And why is that?

Well Fox carries news the network news and their cable affiliates won't report until forced to by Fox if then.

Just as a sampling:

A health department official stating that Medicare, Medicaid, and the new healthcare reform bill will be used to redistribute wealth.

A State Dept official likening the Arizona immigration law to abuses of civil rights in China.

Van Jones, high level czar signing onto the conspiracy theory that 9/11 was an inside government job.

ACORN encouraging people to engage in illegal activity including prostitution and sex trade with minors.

And most recently Shirley Sherrod discriminating against white people when carrying out her government function.

Why weren't these stories carried on the network news or their cable affiliates before Fox broke the story? They all certainly had the information at the same time Fox had it. But they spike the stores because each one had potential to embarrass the current administration and/or those who support it. Such stories are apparently taboo these days. Fox reports all the good stuff re the Obama administration that the network and their cable affiliates report but they also report the rest of it too.

So of course the radical leftists want to shut down Fox News and anybody else who is getting ALL the news out there. They would control the message if they could so you would hear only what they want you to hear. They would and did report anything embarrassing or uncomplimentary to the Bush administration. But not their guys. Nope they have to be sheltered and protected and anything bad has to be covered up immediately.

And that is the dismal state that journalism has achieved. It no longer is the Fourth Estate committed to the right of the people to know. It is mostly now a shill and P.R. tool of the current powerbase in government.

All except for Fox News.

And Fox will continue to beat the pants off the rest of them in ratings, because there are still Americans who aren't content to be brainwashed that everything is just wonderful and peachy and keen.
So, Fox smears the Obama administration and they're being "Fair and Balanced"? Look deeper into those stories. ACORN? Clever editing. Ms. Sherrod? Again, clever editing.

And where oh where was Fox while there were no WMDs, Halliburton was getting sweetheart deals, New Orleans was being bailed out by a horse show judge, two wars were financed by debt to China and the financial system collapsed due to lack of adequate over site? Why Fox was busy burnishing the image of the coked up frat boy Li'l Georgie!

Fox is biased. It's just biased the way Conservatives and Tea baggers like it!

All the other bias, according to those conservatives and Tea baggers is treasonous!

please.

It's quite telling to not who is defending the Journolists manipulation of the news to further their political agenda and who is appalled by it.

Rather a litmus test for Statists vs. those who support Individual Liberty.

And why is that?

Just as a sampling:

All except for Fox News.

Uh no, the other networks and cable channels don't carry those stories because they haven't been vetted yet. Just look at how the "headlines" in your litany are embellished!! I cannot believe you said that. It's practically an admission that FoxNews is nothing but TV tabloid.

It's quite telling to not who is defending the Journolists manipulation of the news to further their political agenda and who is appalled by it.

Rather a litmus test for Statists vs. those who support Individual Liberty.

I was just going to post something about that.

They don't seem to find anything WRONG with the fact people were talking and planning on using the Government to try and SHUT DOWN Fox news. Which is THE TOPIC of this thread.

very telling isn't it.

They don't seem to find anything WRONG with the fact people were talking and planning on using the Government to try and SHUT DOWN Fox news.

very telling isn't it.

Fox News is found to be editing videos, so you start using that old fear tactic again? :rofl:

You seem to not get it. If the Government wanted to shut down Fox News, they would of done so by now and you could of done nothing about it. Dumb hack.

Do you have numbers, or is this just your opinion? Overwhelming? Really?

I would listen to left wing opinions on the radio, if they were broadcast. I listen to the addict Limbaugh because the Public Radio station here broadcasts classical during the afternoon until 3:00 when PRI's The World comes on.

I find Limbaugh hilarious in his hypocrisy and idiocy. But, he's like driving past a car wreck looking for gore. Like sucking on a bad tooth or sniffing the milk carton even though the expiration date was a week ago.

I should have specified "cable news" when referring to FNC's viewership, but yes, you obviously haven't seen FNC's ratings lately. And how is Air America fairing and are they still on the air? I can name several conservative radio host but not one liberal radio host, but I'm sure there may be one or two out there. It seems you listen to more talk radio than I do, I'm sure Rush is pleased that you're tuning into his program.

But, media popularity does not translate to real politics. If media popularity was the benchmark, I truly fear for this society! If it were true that media popularity drove the midset of the nation, we would have to agree that Beyonce is a far superior musical talent than Beethoven. iTunes sales makes it so!

I never made the translation of the media to politics. Fact is the so-called mainstream media is dishonest in its reportage. They failed to cover the NBPP story, they failed to cover the Van Jones story, they failed to cover the Berwick appointment and his radical views, they failed to cover the Edwards scandal...etc.

Fact is this nation is a center right nation and you and the rest of your ilk cannot stand that notion so you seek to quiet any and all views that doesn't cater to your utopian ideas.

And why is that?

Just as a sampling:

All except for Fox News.

So, Fox smears the Obama administration and they're being "Fair and Balanced"? Look deeper into those stories. ACORN? Clever editing. Ms. Sherrod? Again, clever editing.

And where oh where was Fox while there were no WMDs, Halliburton was getting sweetheart deals, New Orleans was being bailed out by a horse show judge, two wars were financed by debt to China and the financial system collapsed due to lack of adequate over site? Why Fox was busy burnishing the image of the coked up frat boy Li'l Georgie!

All the other bias, according to those conservatives and Tea baggers is treasonous!

please.

No puh-leeeze yourself. We are not discussing HOW the news is covered here, or at least I am not. I am discussing what news is covered. So your accusation of bias at Fox is a straw man and I'm not buying it.

All those items are newsworthy or they are not. The network news and their cable affiliates and in most cases CNN chose to treat them as if they were not.

Fox covered them. And Fox also covers the positive news as well.

The network News, affiliates, and in most cases CNN did not. Each one of those would have if it had been something critical of the Bush Administration and/or its supporters though. All of them report everything they can find, however trivial, re any Republican or the Tea Partiers or anybody right of center.

But if it reflects badly on the Obama Administration? Crickets.

And they want to shut down Fox so there will be crickets there too.

And THAT is what you should be focused on. Not who is or isn't the most biased.

And why is that?

Just as a sampling:

All except for Fox News.

Uh no, the other networks and cable channels don't carry those stories because they haven't been vetted yet. Just look at how the "headlines" in your litany are embellished!! I cannot believe you said that. It's practically an admission that FoxNews is nothing but TV tabloid.

Fox is the TV equivalent of the National Enquirer.

They don't seem to find anything WRONG with the fact people were talking and planning on using the Government to try and SHUT DOWN Fox news.

very telling isn't it.

Fox News is found to be editing videos, so you start using that old fear tactic again? :rofl:

You seem to not get it. If the Government wanted to shut down Fox News, they would of done so by now and you could of done nothing about it. Dumb hack.

well bully for you. maybe when they get done with Fox news, they will come after your Mod job and shut this place down. then we will see who will be the LAUGHING and accusing others of using FEAR.

And why is that?

Just as a sampling:

All except for Fox News.

please.

No puh-leeeze yourself. We are not discussing HOW the news is covered here, or at least I am not. I am discussing what news is covered. So your accusation of bias at Fox is a straw man and I'm not buying it.

All those items are newsworthy or they are not. The network news and their cable affiliates and in most cases CNN chose to treat them as if they were not.

The network News, affiliates, and in most cases CNN did not. Each one of those would have if it had been something critical of the Bush Administration and/or its supporters though. All of them report everything they can find, however trivial, re any Republican or the Tea Partiers or anybody right of center.

This post proves you buy Fox' paranoid screed.

Last edited:
well bully for you. maybe when they get done with Fox news, they will come after your Mod job and shut this place down. then we will see who will be the LAUGHING and accusing others of using FEAR.

Yup, you are paranoid. Go back to your bunker, Obama is coming for you! :rofl:

And why is that?

Just as a sampling:

All except for Fox News.

please.

None of the examples you posted were news worthy except to champion a political agenda. That's not news, that's not journalism. that's opinion. Fox Opinion not Fox News.

Take a good hard look at that list of yours. Van Jones? What position did he hold? Secretary of State? Treasury? Attorney General? Nope!

ACORN? That story was initiated as a smear pierce! Did we ever see any footage of ACORN officials kicking that poser out of their offices?

The New Black Panthers? Wanna know why that's no story? Because there are more folks in the control booth at any network than there are in the New Black Panthers.

Health Department official saying 'redistribute the wealth'? There's a little thing called 'context' that is constantly overlooked by the hacks at Fox Opinion. Has anyone heard the entire clip, or just the parts Fox Opinion wants broadcast.

It's not news, it's a concentrated effort to champion one political agenda.

Yup, and you are not a REAL mod either. you just play one on a message board..:lol:

fear_poster_med1.jpg

Forum List

Back