Left Wing Journalists Want Govt. to Shut Down Fox News

thank goodness he has NEVER voted before.

and it looks like someone has a crush on the Modberty.:lol:

Goldcatt - I believe that is the second time you insinuated that I was some kind of super secret paid political operative blogging for the Republicans. I'm very flattered.

You're right, I don't think you're paid. I just think you're being a hyper partisan for free. Should PM Sinatra and ask her if she can get you a in with a boss.

Modbert speaks for goldcatt now? "I will obey my liberal puppet master"

Perhaps you would like the good folks on this thread know how you and your team are rooting for the Westboro Baptist Church over a fallen soldier?

Perhaps you would like the good folks on this thread know how you and your team are rooting for the Westboro Baptist Church over a fallen soldier?

You continue to show you didn't even bother to read the case or the actual thread outside of those who agreed with you. When people on both sides of the spectrum disagree with you, you should probably begin to ask yourself why.

And no, I don't speak for Goldcatt. I speak for myself, and I'm saying that you're a partisan of epic proportions that you put Sinatra to shame at times.

The very existence of Fox News, meanwhile, sends Journolisters into paroxysms of rage. When Howell Raines charged that the network had a conservative bias, the members of Journolist discussed whether the federal government should shut the channel down.

“I am genuinely scared” of Fox, wrote Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, because it “shows you that a genuinely shameless and unethical media organisation *cannot* be controlled by any form of peer pressure or self-regulation, and nor can it be successfully cold-shouldered or ostracised. In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.” Davies, a Brit, frequently argued the United States needed stricter libel laws.

“I agree,” said Michael Scherer of Time Magazine. Roger “Ailes understands that his job is to build a tribal identity, not a news organization. You can’t hurt Fox by saying it gets it wrong, if Ailes just uses the criticism to deepen the tribal identity.”

Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, suggested that the federal government simply yank Fox off the air. “Do you really want the political parties/white house picking which media operations are news operations and which are a less respectable hybrid of news and political advocacy?”

But Zasloff stuck to his position. “I think that they are doing that anyway; they leak to whom they want to for political purposes,” he wrote. “If this means that some White House reporters don’t get a press pass for the press secretary’s daily briefing and that this means that they actually have to, you know, do some reporting and analysis instead of repeating press releases, then I’ll take that risk.”

Read more: Liberal journalists suggest government shut down Fox News | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Supporters of free speech? Hardly.

ANYONE that supports this concept can not reasonably call themselves intelligent. If they give the Government the power to shut down right wing news organizations, have they not reasoned out that this also grants the Government the power to shut down ANY news organization by simply branding it something not of the center?

And explain how shutting down Fox does not violate the 1st Amendment?

The very existence of Fox News, meanwhile, sends Journolisters into paroxysms of rage. When Howell Raines charged that the network had a conservative bias, the members of Journolist discussed whether the federal government should shut the channel down.

“I am genuinely scared” of Fox, wrote Guardian columnist Daniel Davies, because it “shows you that a genuinely shameless and unethical media organisation *cannot* be controlled by any form of peer pressure or self-regulation, and nor can it be successfully cold-shouldered or ostracised. In order to have even a semblance of control, you need a tough legal framework.” Davies, a Brit, frequently argued the United States needed stricter libel laws.

“I agree,” said Michael Scherer of Time Magazine. Roger “Ailes understands that his job is to build a tribal identity, not a news organization. You can’t hurt Fox by saying it gets it wrong, if Ailes just uses the criticism to deepen the tribal identity.”

Jonathan Zasloff, a law professor at UCLA, suggested that the federal government simply yank Fox off the air. “Do you really want the political parties/white house picking which media operations are news operations and which are a less respectable hybrid of news and political advocacy?”

But Zasloff stuck to his position. “I think that they are doing that anyway; they leak to whom they want to for political purposes,” he wrote. “If this means that some White House reporters don’t get a press pass for the press secretary’s daily briefing and that this means that they actually have to, you know, do some reporting and analysis instead of repeating press releases, then I’ll take that risk.”

Read more: Liberal journalists suggest government shut down Fox News | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Supporters of free speech? Hardly.

ANYONE that supports this concept can not reasonably call themselves intelligent. If they give the Government the power to shut down right wing news organizations, have they not reasoned out that this also grants the Government the power to shut down ANY news organization by simply branding it something not of the center?

And explain how shutting down Fox does not violate the 1st Amendment?
That's the thing!

1) No one is shutting down Fox Opinion

2) Stories like this simply fuel the paranoia and narrow world view held by those with nefarious political agendas

3) The "blame" always goes to "Left Wing" types. The "Right Wing" types seem to believe that they are chaste and pure and clad in chalked togas spouting grand politics like lower the tax rates for rich folks.

Bal-oney

Foxfyre said:
The Founders must be rolling in their graves today. Their beautiful vision of a people who would govern themselves and be free of monarchy, despotism, dictatorship, or totalitarianism seems to be in grave peril these days. Too many now believe that everything is the property of the government who should determine what we shall be allowed to have, what we can hear, what we can see, what we can know.

That is the most depressing part about any of this.

Oh I doubt they would worry about that happening. What they WOULD be worried about is their very carefully designed system of checks and balances, which has been abysmally missing from our democratic republic for a decade. With checks and balances, there would BE no chance of even a quasi totalitarian state.

Goldcatt - I believe that is the second time you insinuated that I was some kind of super secret paid political operative blogging for the Republicans. I'm very flattered.

You're right, I don't think you're paid. I just think you're being a hyper partisan for free. Should PM Sinatra and ask her if she can get you a in with a boss.

Didn't you get smacked down enough over that one, Chanel? Please think before you post. I really hate to see you become like Stephanie.

wow, so mods can now just make up shit that people "supposedly" said.
I never said one damn thing about FEMA death camps, you lying little prick.

You certainly are the type to believe it. You seem to think Obama is going to go and shut down Fox News. Watch out Steph! He's coming for you! He's at your door! Quick! Run back down to the bunker! :rofl:

You seem to not get that I'm not saying you said anything, I'm mocking you as you justly deserve it.

I'm posting in the capacity of a member, not a mod. Learn the difference.

oh well, you certainly are an asshole. and I'm saying that as a MEMBER.
and who gives a shit who you mock. it makes you look like the ass you are.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2528660-post2.html

Yup, and you are not a REAL mod either. you just play one on a message board..:lol:

My moderator status has nothing to do with this thread or our argument. In fact, I do believe you are jealous of said status. :eusa_think:

Guess what Steph? I don't care what people who think Obama is gonna come take them out of their homes and transport them to FEMA Death Camps like yourself think. :rofl:

wow, so mods can now just make up shit that people "supposedly" said.
I never said one damn thing about FEMA death camps, you lying little prick.

LOL, it's seems it's only YOU lefties who "claim" they are lying.
Just look at their ratings, the number one news channel. so it seems more American people don't AGREE with your foolish accusations.
but nice try.

The sheep look up.

you would know all about that.
do liberals ever think on their own, or do they just continually follow the Piper off the cliff..:lol:

Forum List

Back