Lax gun laws provide criminals with guns

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Chris, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) -- Ten states are responsible for the bulk of illegal guns that are shipped across state lines for use in crimes, according to a report released Friday by a national coalition of mayors.

About 30 percent of guns traced by federal agents in 2006 and 2007 during crime investigations were bought in a state other than where the crime occurred, said the report by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which largely blamed the transport of illegal guns on states with lax gun laws.

For 2007, the top sources for guns used in crimes elsewhere were Georgia, Florida, Texas, Virginia, California, Ohio, North Carolina, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Alabama.

HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    What a fucking laugh. California has lax gun laws? You REALLY should think about what you have read before you post it.

3. NOBama

NOBama Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +173
    The problem is: If we outlaw guns, only criminals will have guns. What part of that do you NOT understand?

I hope the US government will never make me a criminal.

4. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    He fails utterly to notice that the ONLY way these statistics are available is if the weapons were, in fact bought legally and later sold illegally. Either because they were stolen or because someone unscrouplous got them, if the later, why is it they have not been arrested?

Using his logic we shouldn't have any legal drugs that can be used illegally either. Cause after all, someone can steal them or misuse them.

As far as I know most states require that one have insurance to license and drive a car. Yet thousands of people across the country drive with no insurance, much less a license. Using his logic we should stop all legal cars from being sold anywhere cause they may end up in illegal hands.

5. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    Lax gun laws provide a way for criminals to get guns.

Requiring background checks for purchases at gun shows is one simple solution to the problem.

6. Truthspeaker

Truthspeaker Αλήθεια η&

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +122
    The problem in my opinion is that criminals are going to get their guns anyway, They don't go out and get permits. It's only for the good law abiding citizens usually that it's hard to get guns. I think we should all be able to have them since, criminals are gonna get em by any means necessary. The gun laws should get laxer and the requirements for everyone to be instructed on how to properly use a gun should be higher. I think everyone should be allowed to hold a concealed weapon. Criminals wouldn't be so bold if they knew everyone was armed and trained on how to use a weapon. How about them apples. I think it should be taught to kids by kindergarten and up. that way they wouldn't shoot themselves accidentally. that being said Kids should be trained in school how to operate a gun but not allowed to carry them till 18. Not the most popular school of thought I know, but why not?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  7. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Not to mention that cars also cause WAY more death and injury than guns each year. Meh, I don't like guns myself, but if you want one go ahead. If you are a criminal just hope you kill me, because I will try to kill you in return if you shoot at me, and even if you get away I will hunt you down and have you thrown in jail. If you aren't a criminal then more power to you, just keep close tabs on it.

Cars though, they should be illegal because too many have died at the fault of idiot drivers.

8. Neubarth

Neubarth At the Ballpark July 30th

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199

So much nonsense and requirements for citizens to all carry guns. That is Nutz. Outlaw all guns except for those people who are part of the various state militias and summarily execute any bozo found with one if he is not in the militia. Why waste court time? Just terminate him.

Shocking? Of course, I also favor the complete termination of all criminals.

Summary exectution for highway chase twits needs to be the norm. Don't try to puncture their tires, or use a police car to knock them off of the road. Just set up sharpshooters who can take them out with a bullet through the windshield. A lot less people are endangered that way.

We need to bring back firing squads to eliminate shoplifters and petty criminals as an example to all people considering minor crime. Why not? We have a serious overpopulation problem in this world. One way to solve it is to execute all criminals. Speed ten miles over the speed limit, and you can have a hole in your head with no questions asked by the court. It would be a necessary summary execution to protect the innocents. Bamb! no more speeder.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  9. B94

B94 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I’m with you Chris. GUNS KILL PEOPLE. When are people going to realize this? I own a few guns but I lock them in a gun safe so they can’t get out and kill people. One time I forgot to lock the gun safe and I think that during the night my guns escaped and started killing people. Since then I try to remember to always lock the safe. If only there weren’t any guns then there wouldn’t be any crime. Maybe if guns were outlawed then the honest people would turn in their evil guns and crime would go away. No more murders no more crime. When will people realize this and get rid of their evil killing guns or at least lock them up so they can’t get loose and go on a killing spree. Oh and I’m sure if guns were illegal to own the criminals would all turn in their guns too.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. RetiredGySgt

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    ONLY pistols require background checks and contrary to popular myth NO ONE can buy a pistol at a gunshow with OUT a background check.

Once again retard learn the actual laws you plan to pontificate on.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1