Lawyer: Woman Forced to Remove Nipple Rings at Airport

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
LOS ANGELES — A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation.

"I wouldn't wish this experience upon anyone," Mandi Hamlin said at a news conference. "My experience with TSA was a nightmare I had to endure. No one deserves to be treated this way."

Hamlin, 37, said she was trying to board a flight from Lubbock to Dallas on Feb. 24 when she was scanned by a Transportation Security Administration agent after passing through a larger metal detector without problems.

The female TSA agent used a handheld detector that beeped when it passed in front of Hamlin's chest, the Dallas-area resident said.

Hamlin said she told the woman she was wearing nipple piercings. The women then called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry, Hamlin said.

Hamlin said she could not remove them and asked whether she could instead display her pierced breasts in private to the female agent. But several other male officers told her she could not board her flight until the jewelry was out, she said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,342329,00.html

These fucks should get fired. The woman offered to suffer the indignity of showing her breasts to the female agent. That should have been sufficient. Also, if the fuckers were unprofessional enough to be heard snickering, then they should be blacklisted from future employment in this line of work all together.

Does the same thing happen to males if they have a penis piercing? Just wondering as this is the first I have ever heard of such a thing. It almost sounds like they were singling her out.

Does the same thing happen to males if they have a penis piercing? Just wondering as this is the first I have ever heard of such a thing. It almost sounds like they were singling her out.

Ya cause they could see she had nipple piercings? Sure thing.

The key being they can not allow you to board if the alarm sounds. Except she has a case because there is a procedure allowed to pat her down, which to me would also include her allowing visual inspection.

Crap, I'm always in line behind someone with smelly shoes. Why couldn't I have been behind her?

its not like she was chased down by dobermans and dragged through the boarding line. I'd say that she should have been aware of the boarding requirements before trying to pass through a metal detector with body jewelry on.

a woman having to show her pierced nipples to another female agent rather than being told to find another plane to ride? Gosh, the TRAVESTY!

:rolleyes:

its not like she was chased down by dobermans and dragged through the boarding line. I'd say that she should have been aware of the boarding requirements before trying to pass through a metal detector with body jewelry on.

a woman having to show her pierced nipples to another female agent rather than being told to find another plane to ride? Gosh, the TRAVESTY!

:rolleyes:

Actually, my husband the TSO says that they were ridiculous making her remove the nipple rings and once it was determined that they WERE only nipple rings, she should have been allowed to board.

These fucks should get fired. The woman offered to suffer the indignity of showing her breasts to the female agent. That should have been sufficient. Also, if the fuckers were unprofessional enough to be heard snickering, then they should be blacklisted from future employment in this line of work all together.

You can thank the PC police for this one. Because of outrage over profiling, these workers aren't given much latitude to use discretionary judgement. This is an example of what can happen when they simply follow the rules like robots. You can't have it both ways.

You can thank the PC police for this one. Because of outrage over profiling, these workers aren't given much latitude to use discretionary judgement. This is an example of what can happen when they simply follow the rules like robots. You can't have it both ways.

ha ha ha!

Tell me though, why would you profile for body piercings?

ha ha ha!

Tell me though, why would you profile for body piercings?

You wouldn't. Did you miss my point...again?

Let me dummy it down for you:

Outrage over profiling leads to worker robots, following the rules even at the expense of common sense and sound judgement.

Then along comes a situation not specified in the manual and...

It's a secondary effect, prolly a bit harder for you to get your head around.

No, you misunderstood me, but I'm not surprised.

Why would a body piercing trigger this kind of reaction? If one was profiling for terrorists, I find it hard to believe that a nipple ring would be an indicator of a terrorist plot.

No, you misunderstood me, but I'm not surprised.

Why would a body piercing trigger this kind of reaction? If one was profiling for terrorists, I find it hard to believe that a nipple ring would be an indicator of a terrorist plot.

Duh!?! The point is they weren't profiling.

R,

You still don't get it.

Everything isn't always as simple as black and white, no matter how much you might wish it was.

That's funny coming from you.

They were profiling. "If you are selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to a pat-down search." Prolly thought, nipple ring = anti-american atheist slut. Either that, or they're sadists.

Thank goodness they made her remove them. Saves the rest of us from having to notice them on the flight.

Blech. I have a hard time believing someone who has nipple rings is all that modest.

Thank goodness they made her remove them. Saves the rest of us from having to notice them on the flight.

Blech. I have a hard time believing someone who has nipple rings is all that modest.

Unless you have your face down her bra, how is it you would "notice them in flight?"

You judge people like that because of body piercings? Are your ears pierced?

Generally women with pierced nipples tell you within 10 minutes of meeting them that their nipples are pierced, and even if they don't, they're generally obvious.

Attracting attention to one's ears and claiming to be reluctant to remove your shirt is one thing. Attracting attention to one's nipples, and claiming you don't want people to see them is another.

Generally women with pierced nipples tell you within 10 minutes of meeting them that their nipples are pierced, and even if they don't, they're generally obvious.

Attracting attention to one's ears and claiming to be reluctant to remove your shirt is one thing. Attracting attention to one's nipples, and claiming you don't want people to see them is another.

So that can't just be something between a man and woman that they rightfully expect to stay in their bedroom and is no one else's business?

I'll be sure and talk to my wife on your behalf about her bellybutton ring.

I haven't yet met a woman who told me her nipples were pierced within 10 minutes of meeting her. I also don't see where this woman was attracting attention to her nipple piercings -- she set off the metal detector.

I guess I'm just not getting where you're coming from. Nipples are on boobs that are in bras. How does one attract attention to this, and where can *I* go see this?:razz:

AllieBaba seems to be a boob. Perhaps his/her nipple is pierced? Or maybe his brain...If he read the story, he'd realize that the woman offered to show the ring to the TSA agents.

Forum List

Back