Lawyer: Woman Forced to Remove Nipple Rings at Airport

Wait, GunnyL is an administretor now? - so far out of the loop, can't even see it.

Well, OT, the TSA has changed their policy now:

The TSA said Friday that it will change its policies after a North Richland Hills woman said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers to board a flight.

The Transportation Security Administration says it will now inform passengers that they can undergo a visual inspection instead of removing the item in question, according to a news release.

link

So now they can just take a quick look and say 'Oh, that's just a nipple ring. Proceed".

its not like she was chased down by dobermans and dragged through the boarding line. I'd say that she should have been aware of the boarding requirements before trying to pass through a metal detector with body jewelry on.

a woman having to show her pierced nipples to another female agent rather than being told to find another plane to ride? Gosh, the TRAVESTY!

:rolleyes:

Did you read the article? She offered to DO just that.

That's funny coming from you.

They were profiling. "If you are selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to a pat-down search." Prolly thought, nipple ring = anti-american atheist slut. Either that, or they're sadists.

You can not be serious? One can not "profile" for body piercings since they are not seen or known to be on you unless you TELL someone.

Are you over the age of 16? The point is when you PC the security to avoid any potential for whining by one group or another you get security people that will not take any chance with a rule.

The rule in question being that one can NOT board an aircraft if the metal detector sounds.

Hey she mighta been carrying some kinda radio telemetry device inside that door knocker, that terrorists coulda used to lock on from a sam launcher site WHO KNOWS.........................:eusa_think: :eusa_whistle: :rofl:

You can thank the PC police for this one. Because of outrage over profiling, these workers aren't given much latitude to use discretionary judgement. This is an example of what can happen when they simply follow the rules like robots. You can't have it both ways.

We took my son to EuroDisney a few years ago. He bought a Peter Pan sword and the security official at Charles De Gaulle airport wouldn't allow it on the plane as hand luggage. It was about as sharp as a banana and was a child's toy, so was obviously designed to make it almost impossible to injure someone.

The steward on the plane saw my son in floods of tears (it was his 4th birthday that very day) and went out to speak to the security lady, even offering to bring it on board and lock it in the cockpit with the pilot. Her answer? "Non!"

We took my son to EuroDisney a few years ago. He bought a Peter Pan sword and the security official at Charles De Gaulle airport wouldn't allow it on the plane as hand luggage. It was about as sharp as a banana and was a child's toy, so was obviously designed to make it almost impossible to injure someone.

The steward on the plane saw my son in floods of tears (it was his 4th birthday that very day) and went out to speak to the security lady, even offering to bring it on board and lock it in the cockpit with the pilot. Her answer? "Non!"

Well, if the Francais hire the intellectual cream of the crop there as we do here, it's really no mystery.:badgrin:

No, you misunderstood me, but I'm not surprised.

Why would a body piercing trigger this kind of reaction? If one was profiling for terrorists, I find it hard to believe that a nipple ring would be an indicator of a terrorist plot.

You're talking about the same people who thought it wise to pour everyone's bottled liquids into one container, because they could possibly be bomb-making liquids if mixed together.

You can not be serious? One can not "profile" for body piercings since they are not seen or known to be on you unless you TELL someone.

Are you over the age of 16? The point is when you PC the security to avoid any potential for whining by one group or another you get security people that will not take any chance with a rule.

The rule in question being that one can NOT board an aircraft if the metal detector sounds.

Yuh, I'm being serious. The rules clearly stated she could have had a visual inspection or had been frisked. These dopes didn't follow the rules, therefore, they were either profiling or being sadists.

Funny. A couple of years before 9/11 I bought a real sword in Spain for my father. No problem carrying it on to the plane because it wouldn't fit in my luggage.

They get tons of training and are constantly tested. Pay's still crap so there's a high turnover.

Don't know how it is in NYC, but here, they don't exactly choose the cream of the intellectual crop. From my experience they choose rather from a step down on the evolutionary scale.:lol:

One of the kids I used to take care of told me that they weren't allowed to take a conch shell on the plane coming back from vacation because it could be used as a weapon.

Forum List

Back