Laura Bush calls Trump border policy "cruel & immoral"

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
I'd love to believe that congressional Republicans will give Captain Chaos an earful on this issue tomorrow. But my better senses tell me they won't, and shall remain spineless lapdogs.

*Note - I can't get into WaPo without paying - If someone has a link to the full column somewhere else, please post a link.

Former First Lady Laura Bush, a figure popular among conservatives, spoke out against the Trump administration’s policy of separating children and their parents at the border with a Washington Post Op-Ed published Sunday in which she called the policy “cruel and immoral” and compared it to the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

In the column, Bush said she “appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries,” but did not shy away from blaming the Trump Administration for its zero-tolerance policy, which she described as cruel and unjust. “It is immoral,” she wrote. “And it breaks my heart.”

"Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

"Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents—and to stop separating parents and children in the first place."

Laura Bush Calls Trump Policy of Separating Families at Border “Cruel and Immoral”

Laura Bush. The same Laura Bush whose pro mexican brother in law had a failed run for president, that Laura Bush? The Laura Bush with the Mexican sister in law who speaks no English. That Laura Bush?

Who cares what she thinks.

When an American citizen is arrested for a crime. He is separated from his family and put in jail. And many times the children are taken from the offender's home and put in the custody of Child Services.

So why should illegals who have committed a criminal act by sneaking across our border be treated any different? ....
qadNIKG1NYIZSqCcsSAdBlrkAeUYsDalJtsTV3WBp8ACQEbVgaRdCKJm_O_EGjCMo_kjJlNlMdWyEzM25uOYxHTftjGUb0qFYw1KhA=s0-d-e1-ft

I'd love to believe that congressional Republicans will give Captain Chaos an earful on this issue tomorrow. But my better senses tell me they won't, and shall remain spineless lapdogs.

*Note - I can't get into WaPo without paying - If someone has a link to the full column somewhere else, please post a link.

Former First Lady Laura Bush, a figure popular among conservatives, spoke out against the Trump administration’s policy of separating children and their parents at the border with a Washington Post Op-Ed published Sunday in which she called the policy “cruel and immoral” and compared it to the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

In the column, Bush said she “appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries,” but did not shy away from blaming the Trump Administration for its zero-tolerance policy, which she described as cruel and unjust. “It is immoral,” she wrote. “And it breaks my heart.”

"Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

"Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents—and to stop separating parents and children in the first place."

Laura Bush Calls Trump Policy of Separating Families at Border “Cruel and Immoral”
Can’t wait to see how Trump insults her. Is he going to go with a 3rd grade insult? Middle school?

My god people are stupid and gullible. This policy has been going on since Ellis Island. This is nothing new. We even do it to American families when we imprison someone. Sometimes both parents are imprisoned and the children put in foster care for years.
This is just another way for those hating the current administration to say how bad it is. Learn something.

When an American citizen is arrested for a crime. He is separated from his family and put in jail. And many times the children are taken from the offender's home and put in the custody of Child Services.

So why should illegals who have committed a criminal act by sneaking across our border be treated any different? ....
qadNIKG1NYIZSqCcsSAdBlrkAeUYsDalJtsTV3WBp8ACQEbVgaRdCKJm_O_EGjCMo_kjJlNlMdWyEzM25uOYxHTftjGUb0qFYw1KhA=s0-d-e1-ft

Catch up - MANY of these people are legally presenting themselves at the border requesting asylum. We are ILLEGALLY arresting them and taking their children.

As a Trump supporter I just want to say thanks to the former First Lady for her concern. But Laura Bush is sorely misguided. Separating children from their families started under Obama. Kids are hired or conscripted by drug cartels that knew they would not be prosecuted if caught. So in response kids are caught and separated - which started under Obama. The best way to prevent this is for Liberals to stop advertising open borders.

Mexican kids held for months as punishment for border-crossing

As a Trump supporter I just want to say thanks to the former First Lady for her concern. But Laura Bush is sorely misguided. Separating children from their families started under Obama. Kids are hired or conscripted by drug cartels that knew they would not be prosecuted if caught. So in response kids are caught and separated - which started under Obama. The best way to prevent this is for Liberals to stop advertising open borders.

Link to "Liberals advertising open borders" please.

It is the position of every corporate globalist that unrestricted illegal immigration is to be embraced.

We can now see who is who based on this position.

Of course, there are those like Trump who "say" they want to build a wall, but don't, so be mindful of that as well.

Laura Bush. The same Laura Bush whose pro mexican brother in law had a failed run for president, that Laura Bush? The Laura Bush with the Mexican sister in law who speaks no English. That Laura Bush?

Who cares what she thinks.

Since you typed a post about her PLUS you obviously know a great deal about her life - obviously you do.

The drug cartels are hiring toddlers to smuggle drugs. Got it. The borders are not open and they`ve never been open. Where do you people come up with stupid shit like this?

And when this was going on when obama was in office, where was laura bush?

Can’t wait to see how Trump insults her. Is he going to go with a 3rd grade insult? Middle school?
He's got low-intelligence trumpanzees here to do that for him.

Catch up - MANY of these people are legally presenting themselves at the border requesting asylum. We are ILLEGALLY arresting them and taking their children.

And that is a lie...... the vast majority are illegally entering the country.....

Link to "Liberals advertising open borders" please.

Really? You're joking right? It's a major part of the Liberal agenda. Where have you been? LOL

Uh, here's two links and there's plenty more. No doubt you'll spin away.

Why Democrats should support open borders | Reece Jones

Hillary Clinton dreams of ‘open borders’: leaked speech excerpts

Forum List

Back