Laura Bush calls Trump border policy "cruel & immoral"

As a Trump supporter I just want to say thanks to the former First Lady for her concern. But Laura Bush is sorely misguided. Separating children from their families started under Obama. Kids are hired or conscripted by drug cartels that knew they would not be prosecuted if caught. So in response kids are caught and separated - which started under Obama. The best way to prevent this is for Liberals to stop advertising open borders.

Mexican kids held for months as punishment for border-crossing

Ok so you say this started with Obama.

Yet you say democrats advertise open borders.

Do you see how illogical your statement is?

If Obama started this why would he want open borders?

How can a party that started this want open borders?

Either democrats want to stop illegal immigration and separate kids from parents.

Or democrats want open borders.

You can't say both because they contradict one another.

Stop with the lies. It just makes you look like the fool you obviously are.

Unless you are politically Naive, this is kind of easy.

You have a sitting President that cannot run again when he orders the detaining and separation. This will be seen as an appeal to the center of the Democratic base and an attempt at luring some from the right as well.

While at the same time freeing up the left in congress to advocate loose borders, which appeals to the left and progressives.

It was a calculated political move. It failed of course, but is the reality of the situation.

It really does appear that Democrats are using the separations of illegal alien parents (some are not parents) from illegal alien children, as a political tool. When have American children ever accompanied their parents/guardians into jails ? When Americans are sent to jail, they go alone, not with their kids. It's been this way for hundreds of years, but have we heard an outcry from Democrats over that ?

No. We have not. It is only now, with illegal aliens, that Democrats are suddenly upset about separation of parent and child. So what about all the American kids, whose parents got locked up ? What are they ? Chopped liver ? They don't count ?

Actually, to Democrats, no they don't count. And maybe "count" is just the right word, since VOTE counts are what this is all about. Democrats want illegal aliens in the US, as VOTES for THEM. American kids and their jailed parents, aren't seen that way.
This is essentially just another example of the democrat dogma...accuse the other side of what you are doing. It was Obubba that opened the youth detention cages and stuffed them in it.

The photos used by the MSM in accusing President Trump of it came from 2014...when the mullato Muslim messiah was in the White House.

Laura Bush. The same Laura Bush whose pro mexican brother in law had a failed run for president, that Laura Bush? The Laura Bush with the Mexican sister in law who speaks no English. That Laura Bush?

Who cares what she thinks.

Pigs like you make people sick. There are a lot of people who care.

"What the administration has decided to do is to separate children from their parents to try to send a message that if you cross the border with your children, your children are going to be ripped away from you," Collins said on CBS Sunday. "That's traumatizing to the children, who are innocent victims, and it is contrary to our values in this country."

Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford said on Twitter he disagreed with separating families and linked out to a story about Oklahoma Rep. Jim Bridenstine being denied entry in 2014 to a facility where the government was holding unaccompanied children.

"I disagree with the administration's policy of separating families, but we must continue to protect the privacy of the children, many who have experienced trauma. #KeepFamiliesTogether & keep cameras away from these kids. Just like in 2014," he wrote.

Texas Rep. Will Hurd spoke out against the administration's policy and noted to CNN's Ana Cabrera on "Newsroom" that it "is clearly something that the administration can change."

"They don't need legislation to change it," Hurd said.

Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci said on Twitter that the separations are "not the Christian way, the American way, nor what @POTUS wants."

But he went on say over Twitter that "The President can reverse it, and I hope he does."

These Republicans have criticized Trump's 'zero tolerance' immigration policy

Franklin Graham has called the policy disgraceful.

32% of Republicans disagree according to a Reuters poll.

Poll: Republicans Approve of Trump’s Family Separation Policy

I'm sure you meant the Bill Clinton border policy since the law governing that policy was passed in 1997.

When an American citizen is arrested for a crime. He is separated from his family and put in jail. And many times the children are taken from the offender's home and put in the custody of Child Services.

So why should illegals who have committed a criminal act by sneaking across our border be treated any different? ....
qadNIKG1NYIZSqCcsSAdBlrkAeUYsDalJtsTV3WBp8ACQEbVgaRdCKJm_O_EGjCMo_kjJlNlMdWyEzM25uOYxHTftjGUb0qFYw1KhA=s0-d-e1-ft

Catch up - MANY of these people are legally presenting themselves at the border requesting asylum. We are ILLEGALLY arresting them and taking their children.

And that is a lie...... the vast majority are illegally entering the country.....

It wasn't liar.

It really does appear that Democrats are using the separations of illegal alien parents (some are not parents) from illegal alien children, as a political tool. When have American children ever accompanied their parents/guardians into jails ? When Americans are sent to jail, they go alone, not with their kids. It's been this way for hundreds of years, but have we heard an outcry from Democrats over that ?

No. We have not. It is only now, with illegal aliens, that Democrats are suddenly upset about separation of parent and child. So what about all the American kids, whose parents got locked up ? What are they ? Chopped liver ? They don't count ?

Actually, to Democrats, no they don't count. And maybe "count" is just the right word, since VOTE counts are what this is all about. Democrats want illegal aliens in the US, as VOTES for THEM. American kids and their jailed parents, aren't seen that way.
This is essentially just another example of the democrat dogma...accuse the other side of what you are doing. It was Obubba that opened the youth detention cages and stuffed them in it.

The photos used by the MSM in accusing President Trump of it came from 2014...when the mullato Muslim messiah was in the White House.

Laura Bush. The same Laura Bush whose pro mexican brother in law had a failed run for president, that Laura Bush? The Laura Bush with the Mexican sister in law who speaks no English. That Laura Bush?

Who cares what she thinks.

Pigs like you make people sick. There are a lot of people who care.

"What the administration has decided to do is to separate children from their parents to try to send a message that if you cross the border with your children, your children are going to be ripped away from you," Collins said on CBS Sunday. "That's traumatizing to the children, who are innocent victims, and it is contrary to our values in this country."

Oklahoma Sen. James Lankford said on Twitter he disagreed with separating families and linked out to a story about Oklahoma Rep. Jim Bridenstine being denied entry in 2014 to a facility where the government was holding unaccompanied children.

"I disagree with the administration's policy of separating families, but we must continue to protect the privacy of the children, many who have experienced trauma. #KeepFamiliesTogether & keep cameras away from these kids. Just like in 2014," he wrote.

Texas Rep. Will Hurd spoke out against the administration's policy and noted to CNN's Ana Cabrera on "Newsroom" that it "is clearly something that the administration can change."

"They don't need legislation to change it," Hurd said.

Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci said on Twitter that the separations are "not the Christian way, the American way, nor what @POTUS wants."

But he went on say over Twitter that "The President can reverse it, and I hope he does."

These Republicans have criticized Trump's 'zero tolerance' immigration policy

Franklin Graham has called the policy disgraceful.

32% of Republicans disagree according to a Reuters poll.

Poll: Republicans Approve of Trump’s Family Separation Policy

See post #41

The children have undergone trauma. Yeah. The trauma of seeing their own gang banger fathers, uncles and brothers killing rival gang bangers.

Nothing to worry about. They will have the same thing here.

As a Trump supporter I just want to say thanks to the former First Lady for her concern. But Laura Bush is sorely misguided. Separating children from their families started under Obama. Kids are hired or conscripted by drug cartels that knew they would not be prosecuted if caught. So in response kids are caught and separated - which started under Obama. The best way to prevent this is for Liberals to stop advertising open borders.

Ok so you say this started with Obama.

Yet you say democrats advertise open borders.

Do you see how illogical your statement is?

If Obama started this why would he want open borders?

How can a party that started this want open borders?

Either democrats want to stop illegal immigration and separate kids from parents.

Or democrats want open borders.

You can't say both because they contradict one another.

Stop with the lies. It just makes you look like the fool you obviously are.

FACT: This was happening under Obama.
FACT: Liberals want open borders (see the links I provided)

It's not my fault your side can't get their shit together. Who's the fool now.

This was not happening under Obama.

You are the fool. Your side can't get it's act together. Republicans are committing suicide.

Post real information loon.......... instead you get our shit from crappy RAGG MAGS lmfao oh that's right you are a Trump hater whose brain is the size of a rat.

upload_2018-6-18_8-45-43.png

Laura Bush had no issue with her husband “permanently separating” hundreds of thousands of families from their loves ones in the Middle East in a war based on lies, but she’s outraged by the US government separating children from their illegal immigrant parents caught invading America.

Though Obama did the same for years, for some reason she only cares about it now that it’s a rallying point for #TheResistance.

4CBA538C00000578-0-image-a-4_1527602515297.jpg

Laura Bush Outraged By U.S. Border Policy, A-OK With Hubby Destroying The Middle East

Maybe we need a border wall to stop all them greasers?

Is this the same Laura Bush who is so proud that her husband opened our borders and assisted in the Housing Bubble/Global Economic Crash?
Fuck her and fuck her whole fucking family.

Link to "Liberals advertising open borders" please.

Really? You're joking right? It's a major part of the Liberal agenda. Where have you been? LOL

Uh, here's two links and there's plenty more. No doubt you'll spin away.

Why Democrats should support open borders | Reece Jones

Hillary Clinton dreams of ‘open borders’: leaked speech excerpts
She was talking about open borders for trade. Your link is to the Moonies publication, The Washington Times. What do the Branch Davidians have to say about it?

Spin, spin and more spin.

You are the one who is dizzy.

I'm sure you meant the Bill Clinton border policy since the law governing that policy was passed in 1997.

Quite lying. Even Republicans admit Trump can reverse this. The 1997 law does not have anything to do with this.

Trump can reverse any number of laws, the question is, if this law is so objectionable now, where was the outrage when it was implemented under other administrations.

I'd love to believe that congressional Republicans will give Captain Chaos an earful on this issue tomorrow. But my better senses tell me they won't, and shall remain spineless lapdogs.

*Note - I can't get into WaPo without paying - If someone has a link to the full column somewhere else, please post a link.

Former First Lady Laura Bush, a figure popular among conservatives, spoke out against the Trump administration’s policy of separating children and their parents at the border with a Washington Post Op-Ed published Sunday in which she called the policy “cruel and immoral” and compared it to the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

In the column, Bush said she “appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries,” but did not shy away from blaming the Trump Administration for its zero-tolerance policy, which she described as cruel and unjust. “It is immoral,” she wrote. “And it breaks my heart.”

"Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

"Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents—and to stop separating parents and children in the first place."

Laura Bush Calls Trump Policy of Separating Families at Border “Cruel and Immoral”

Well of course. Wouldent expect any thing less from the wife of the man who tried to do amnesty right? Said it back then and I’ll say it now, fuck Laura Bush, fuck dubya.

If I rob a bank and get thrown in prison, separated from my family by the force of the Government, was it I who mandated the separation, or the Government?

Robbing a bank is a violent act and a felony. Crossing the border is a misdemeanor at best.

What a ridiculous post. Who gives a shit who started it? What matters is stopping this cruelty.

If (as you say) Obama started it - then it was wrong then and it is wrong now. And it should be stopped as soon as possible - which is now.

Or are you so monumentally stupid that you are suggesting that this cruel practice should be continued because it was started by someone other then the present administration (rhetorical question)?

I am an independent who thought GWB AND Obama AND Trump were/are ALL lousy POTUS's (Trump being by MILES the worst of the three)...so I do not give a shit who started it.

I just want it stopped.

And your callous post that ignores calls to stop it and simply tries to blame 'the other side' is a prime example of partisan politics gone insane.

Don't bother replying to this - I will not read it. I try not to waste my time on closed-minded, partisan hacks who clearly care more about their party getting/staying in power then the welfare of innocent people.
And these children ARE clearly innocent.

Ta ta.

Last edited:
I'd love to believe that congressional Republicans will give Captain Chaos an earful on this issue tomorrow. But my better senses tell me they won't, and shall remain spineless lapdogs.

*Note - I can't get into WaPo without paying - If someone has a link to the full column somewhere else, please post a link.

Former First Lady Laura Bush, a figure popular among conservatives, spoke out against the Trump administration’s policy of separating children and their parents at the border with a Washington Post Op-Ed published Sunday in which she called the policy “cruel and immoral” and compared it to the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II.

In the column, Bush said she “appreciate the need to enforce and protect our international boundaries,” but did not shy away from blaming the Trump Administration for its zero-tolerance policy, which she described as cruel and unjust. “It is immoral,” she wrote. “And it breaks my heart.”

"Our government should not be in the business of warehousing children in converted box stores or making plans to place them in tent cities in the desert outside of El Paso. These images are eerily reminiscent of the Japanese American internment camps of World War II, now considered to have been one of the most shameful episodes in U.S. history."

"Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war. We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents—and to stop separating parents and children in the first place."

Laura Bush Calls Trump Policy of Separating Families at Border “Cruel and Immoral”
:CryingCow:

The drug cartels are hiring toddlers to smuggle drugs. Got it. The borders are not open and they`ve never been open. Where do you people come up with stupid shit like this?
Rightwing media and conservative fake news sites.

If I rob a bank and get thrown in prison, separated from my family by the force of the Government, was it I who mandated the separation, or the Government?

Robbing a bank is a violent act and a felony. Crossing the border is a misdemeanor at best.
Illegal is illegal, why reward them for an illegal act?

Forum List

Back