Latest and greatest from Apple for you Mac fans

Last edited:
Hey, I m serious they are.

It s not funny anymore, it s been going on from "Windows 1.0" (wich believed by many to be a copy of the "MAC OS" operating system from that time, a bad copy but a copy none the less).

And apparently people re so dumb these days that they believe that apple copied everything from Microsoft: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard = Windows Vista - What does Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard have that Windows Vista doesn't? - Softpedia , Fucking morons.

On the software side, I know. Now it seems they are doing it on the hardware side.

go figure

I worked at Chiat/Day in the eighties and witnessed the birth of the MAC. I had access to a few. The 1984 mac was my first experience on a mouse and keyboard. Never touched DOS in my life and I like being creative on the 'puter.

Didn't touch a computer for years except at a major University where my job required me to...ugh...type and do a very tiny bit of...gulp...data entry. I ha to use a PC. I get a rash just thinking about the trauma. One of my bosses was a PC wizard...loved computers.
All he ever did was try and create the perfect form. What a fukin' moron he was. Locked in his office for days with word or excel or some other moronic Windows program. I think he used to play on bulletin boards back in the day when it took an hour to put up "Hello World"

Last edited:
No, you can do it on a Mac. Its much easier on Windows though. I can move five times faster on Windows.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft doesn't want Office compatible with an iMac.

speed. ease of use with specific software programs. So macs are not the issue so much as the application of applications/programs are?

do you believe Betamax was superior in performance to VHS?

No, you can do it on a Mac. Its much easier on Windows though. I can move five times faster on Windows.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft doesn't want Office compatible with an iMac.

Well ... OpenOffice can easily replace MS Office, yes it can open and even save in MS formats (funny thing about data formats, they cannot be copyright enforced as we learned from Compuserve and their lame attempt with GIF formats). Open Office will also run on anything that has Java installed, you really don't need Java as it has it's own JRE but with Java it runs better.

The only problem I have with Apple is that they make no software production machines, while with an IBM-like machine you can customize it for such a case. Also I think Apple tech is WAY overpriced.

Yeah, probably.

Its a Windows world in business, however.

Not entirely, it's about 50% Windoze, 50% Linux/Unix. 90% of the servers run Unix or Linux, Windoze servers are more likely to be hacked. Since most businesses now use servers for all networking this makes Unix and Linux just as common. Now, why is Windoze more likely to be hacked? Simple, most hackers learned on machines with the Winidoze GUI and MS-DOS (the really good ones anyway) and Linux and Unix have better security measures in place that are integrated into the OS better. Windoze was not originally designed for security, and therefore most of the security programs are utilities and not part of the core code, making it easier to bypass them or if they are in place well enough they are annoying to the normal user. This makes Linux an Unix very useful for networks, as well as the added advantage of a ton of open source utilities and tools to choose from, so no matter what hardware you have there is something that will work in Linux and Unix. Mac bypasses all that by making their hardware and software dependent on each other.

Yeah, probably.

Its a Windows world in business, however.

I know that. I always hated the business world. Rather starve or die than be a part of it. Why would I join...to buy more toys on credit as my ulcers grow into tumors...leverage my life for a Great room and a lawn?

I'm an odd duck. I not only march to the tune of a different drummer...I play my own drum at times. Risky, but a fuller experience than the biz world.

good thing I'm not very materialistic or subject to envy and worried about what the Jones family are up to. I see those bumper stickers about toys and who laughs last and I think what a pity...they need to shout at everyone "look at what I got." they have an inkling...nobody cares....and they mostly don't.

thanks for the rant time. :lol:

:cool:

Not entirely, it's about 50% Windoze, 50% Linux/Unix. 90% of the servers run Unix or Linux, Windoze servers are more likely to be hacked. Since most businesses now use servers for all networking this makes Unix and Linux just as common. Now, why is Windoze more likely to be hacked? Simple, most hackers learned on machines with the Winidoze GUI and MS-DOS (the really good ones anyway) and Linux and Unix have better security measures in place that are integrated into the OS better. Windoze was not originally designed for security, and therefore most of the security programs are utilities and not part of the core code, making it easier to bypass them or if they are in place well enough they are annoying to the normal user. This makes Linux an Unix very useful for networks, as well as the added advantage of a ton of open source utilities and tools to choose from, so no matter what hardware you have there is something that will work in Linux and Unix. Mac bypasses all that by making their hardware and software dependent on each other.

I thought you were self taught? you took a few classes?

I thought you were self taught? you took a few classes?

Um ... yeah, I have been self taught since the first Apple IIe's came out (I started REALLY young, can you tell?). What in my last post makes you think I actually took classes? I hacked the first networks my high school got just for practice, so I got banned from the school computers in my first year (memories) and couldn't take it in school. Never went to college and never plan on it (would rather know what I am doing than learn how to cheat and drink myself to death).

Um ... yeah, I have been self taught since the first Apple IIe's came out (I started REALLY young, can you tell?). What in my last post makes you think I actually took classes? I hacked the first networks my high school got just for practice, so I got banned from the school computers in my first year (memories) and couldn't take it in school. Never went to college and never plan on it (would rather know what I am doing than learn how to cheat and drink myself to death).

you wrote out a few things almost as if you were reciting from a text book is all.

were those networks very sophisticated back then?

you wrote out a few things almost as if you were reciting from a text book is all.

were those networks very sophisticated back then?

Very .... compared to what was common ... LOL.

Well, who do you think helps write textbooks ... programmers like me. Though I haven't personally I grew up with a friend who does now (at least the last time I spoke to him) and he was part of our brainstorming group.

I just thought I'd say that I love my iPod.

Carry on.

Big kids don't count ... also, you do know you can connect it to any other OS. Also, Mac computers can run Linux/Unix if you want it to (the MacOS is very close to them already). To me, Apple tech is just expensive toys for big kids, even after they started releasing their API for the MacOS.

Very .... compared to what was common ... LOL.

Well, who do you think helps write textbooks ... programmers like me. Though I haven't personally I grew up with a friend who does now (at least the last time I spoke to him) and he was part of our brainstorming group.

I know an older woman who knows a few old languages and makes moolah because some places have old languages in/on their data bases and...the rest is...she knows how to make web people at companies feel inadequate.

I know an older woman who knows a few old languages and makes moolah because some places have old languages in/on their data bases and...the rest is...she knows how to make web people at companies feel inadequate.

I love doing that, especially those who learned in schools.

I still like writing in ASM sometimes, just for practice. For those who don't know, ASM is the closest to machine op-code programming you can get without just opening up the RAM and entering all the umbers manually.

I have seen a few databases using Apples old PC codes, from the Apple ][ series, and a few more even using old Commador op-codes, those are nostalgic. Most though are upgrading to Unix or Linux (depending on how much money they can spend), which the op codes haven't changed much for the last few decades, so they are still considered 'old' by age.

My school requires that we carry protection, I mean for computers, not condoms. I've had it since I bought my mac, (2 of them), never been alerted to anything, though backup is weekly and updates regular.

No mac attacks on mine, so far.

Forum List

Back