Last Sunday there were 44 gun related deaths in the US

The NRA and all the hillbillies say so.

Most of those deaths weren't caused by NRA members or hillbillies. Most likely none of them. Most likeley they were commited by Hillary voters in cities like Chicago. The deeper issues are not about guns, its about violence
It's about why all these deaths are acceptable. I said the hillbillies and the NRA are standing in the way of meaningful gun reform. Meaning that to them, that amount of deaths in one day is acceptable to them.

Hey genius......name some "meaningful gun reform" and explain to us how it works to stop criminals...we need a good laugh today....
Ban bullets, there's no constitutional protection for bullets, just arms. Now go suck on a couple of musket balls. :biggrin:

You are an idiot.
I know, but at least you didn't disagree with me, or put forth a proper counter argument. :clap2:

Do you think this Sunday will see less or more deaths ?

Apparently there have been around 4000 gun deaths in the US this year.

Why is it acceptable ?
American society is uniquely violent and confrontational, where violence is perceived as an appropriate means of conflict resolution – the reckless, unwarranted attack on Syria being the most recent example.

America’s propensity toward violence, its mistrust of preventive mental health detection and treatment, and the absence of an efficient healthcare delivery system are the most significant contributing factors to gun violence and death – not the number or availability of guns.

What isn’t acceptable is the unwillingness of most Americans to address the issue of violence and the lack of access to affordable, effective mental healthcare.

Britain is catching up....their social welfare system is reaching the peak level of uncivilized, violent young males......then, they imported violent people from foreign countries...and their healthcare system is collapsing...

Their violence levels are higher than ours now...and they are going higher.....

The NRA and all the hillbillies say so.

Most of those deaths weren't caused by NRA members or hillbillies. Most likely none of them. Most likeley they were commited by Hillary voters in cities like Chicago. The deeper issues are not about guns, its about violence
It's about why all these deaths are acceptable. I said the hillbillies and the NRA are standing in the way of meaningful gun reform. Meaning that to them, that amount of deaths in one day is acceptable to them.

No....democrats are standing in the way of actual criminal reform...they refuse to increase the sentences for repeat gun offenders and for criminals who use guns to commit rape, robbery and murder...it is democrats stopping that, not law abiding gun owners and NRA members...the NRA helped support Project Exile to try to contain the criminals...you assholes fought that...
You want only penalties after the crime, not actual crime prevention. Big difference. Especially for victims. But they don't matter to you. Good Grief.

No.....most criminals who commit murder with guns are caught several times with guns before they commit the murder.....if a felon is caught with an illegal gun, they should go to prison for 30 years...

If someone is caught committing rape, armed robbery with a gun...but hasn't killed anyone..yet...they should get 30 years for using the gun in the crime...

That is how you reduce gun crime........that is how the Japanese have done it...
Here's how Japan did it:

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths
In part by forbidding almost all forms of firearm ownership, the country has as few as two gun-related homicides a year.
How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths

Why is it acceptable ?
American society is uniquely violent and confrontational, where violence is perceived as an appropriate means of conflict resolution – the reckless, unwarranted attack on Syria being the most recent example.

America’s propensity toward violence, its mistrust of preventive mental health detection and treatment, and the absence of an efficient healthcare delivery system are the most significant contributing factors to gun violence and death – not the number or availability of guns.

What isn’t acceptable is the unwillingness of most Americans to address the issue of violence and the lack of access to affordable, effective mental healthcare.
Its a bit depressing to hear the arguments in favour. There seems to be a desire not to engage in any debate whatsoever. I am convinced tat much of it is funded by the gun lobby. They seem to own the majority of politicians.
Is there any space where these issues can be discussed by adults ?

Hey genius......name some "meaningful gun reform" and explain to us how it works to stop criminals...we need a good laugh today....
Ban bullets, there's no constitutional protection for bullets, just arms. Now go suck on a couple of musket balls. :biggrin:
------------------------------------- see what i mean , you are not a serious person Mudda !!
Amid the humor, I'm serious, ban bullets. Sooner or later, gang bangers and fools will run out.
--------------------------------- pretty silly , i guess that you don't know how easy it is to make ammunition . The only hard part is primers but people are always working on how to produce 'primers' .

------------------------------------- see what i mean , you are not a serious person Mudda !!
Amid the humor, I'm serious, ban bullets. Sooner or later, gang bangers and fools will run out.
--------------------------------- pretty silly , i guess that you don't know how easy it is to make ammunition . The only hard part is primers but people are always working on how to produce 'primers' .
Ya, heroin dealers... should be real experts on making ammo. They don't even know how to take a bath.

No....democrats are standing in the way of actual criminal reform...they refuse to increase the sentences for repeat gun offenders and for criminals who use guns to commit rape, robbery and murder...it is democrats stopping that, not law abiding gun owners and NRA members...the NRA helped support Project Exile to try to contain the criminals...you assholes fought that...
You want only penalties after the crime, not actual crime prevention. Big difference. Especially for victims. But they don't matter to you. Good Grief.

No.....most criminals who commit murder with guns are caught several times with guns before they commit the murder.....if a felon is caught with an illegal gun, they should go to prison for 30 years...

If someone is caught committing rape, armed robbery with a gun...but hasn't killed anyone..yet...they should get 30 years for using the gun in the crime...

That is how you reduce gun crime........that is how the Japanese have done it...
Here's how Japan did it:

In part by forbidding almost all forms of firearm ownership, the country has as few as two gun-related homicides a year.
Though it's worth considering another police state here: Tunisia, which had the lowest firearm-ownership rate in the world (one gun per thousand citizens, compared to America’s 890) when its people toppled a brutal, 24-year dictatorship and sparked the Arab Spring.

But how do you manage to do that when you dont own guns ?

Here's how Japan did it:

/---- Then move to Japan and leave us alone.

Here's how Japan did it:

Japan is in a demographic death spiral due to an incredibly low birth rate. Neutering a country isn't a good survival strategy.

Here's how Japan did it:

Though it's worth considering another police state here: Tunisia, which had the lowest firearm-ownership rate in the world (one gun per thousand citizens, compared to America’s 890) when its people toppled a brutal, 24-year dictatorship and sparked the Arab Spring.

/---- because the police force of 120,000 who joined the protests were armed. Hope that answered your question

Here's how Japan did it:

/---- because the police force of 120,000 who joined the protests were armed. Hope that answered your question
The protests had been going on for months before the police got involved.

Why is it acceptable ?

The sliver of freedom Americans still have, is under assault and dipsticks like you want it completely eliminated. So that the ruling elite can have their way uncontested, as has been the tradition for thousands of years.

Freedom can be messy, but the feeble minded (OP) think they can have freedom without the mess...unbeknownst to them, resulting in serfdom.
Freedom to get shot isnt freedom.

Here I am in backward Britain and I am just off to the cinema. I will drive to the station catch a train, enjoy a beer watch a film and travel home the same way. I dont need a gun to do that.
That is freedom matey.
Yes it is. You clearly do not understand the concept of freedom...but you are not alone. Big government dupes are everywhere.

Spouted like a true American, brainwashed by the NRA to think that owing a gun is "freedom". It's not.

Freedom is not once ever in my entire 67 plus years, have I ever felt the NEED to own a gun. I have never felt threatened, endangered or frightened to the point where I needed that security.

Why is it acceptable ?

The sliver of freedom Americans still have, is under assault and dipsticks like you want it completely eliminated. So that the ruling elite can have their way uncontested, as has been the tradition for thousands of years.

Freedom can be messy, but the feeble minded (OP) think they can have freedom without the mess...unbeknownst to them, resulting in serfdom.
Freedom to get shot isnt freedom.

Here I am in backward Britain and I am just off to the cinema. I will drive to the station catch a train, enjoy a beer watch a film and travel home the same way. I dont need a gun to do that.
That is freedom matey.
Yes it is. You clearly do not understand the concept of freedom...but you are not alone. Big government dupes are everywhere.

Spouted like a true American, brainwashed by the NRA to think that owing a gun is "freedom". It's not.

Freedom is not once ever in my entire 67 plus years, have I ever felt the NEED to own a gun. I have never felt threatened, endangered or frightened to the point where I needed that security.
You know nothing of history...but you do love big government.

Here's how Japan did it:

/---- Then move to Japan and leave us alone.
What are you? 12 years old? :lol:

I suppose Americans tolerate being awash with guns because they are used to it. I mean the ones who are still alive.

Still alive implies a high murder rate. Are you arguing a direct correlation between The US America's murder rate and the preponderance of firearms? If so, how do you account for the 100+ other countries, all with effective bans on firearm ownership, that consistently have higher murder rates than America? How do you account for a state like Minnesota, with all it's firearms, having a lower murder rate than Norway? You do realize people kill other people whether or not they use a firearm, right?

Or are you referring to suicide by firearm? That supposed to prove you "point"? Shall will look at countries like Japan and those in Scandinavia and their suicide rates compared to ours? Lot a guns in Japan and Sweden, eh?

I could go on, but the real question is do you have a point at all?
My point is that there would be a lot less killing of elementary schoolchildren, students, and places of entertainment in America if there were not firearms so easily available there.

Martin%20Richard_zpsccdc1wrs.jpg

Martin Richard shot dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School

Here's how Japan did it:

Japan is in a demographic death spiral due to an incredibly low birth rate. Neutering a country isn't a good survival strategy.
Holy Deflection Batman! :eek:

Forum List

Back