Last Sunday there were 44 gun related deaths in the US

Do you think this Sunday will see less or more deaths ?

Apparently there have been around 4000 gun deaths in the US this year.

Why is it acceptable ?

The sliver of freedom Americans still have, is under assault and dipsticks like you want it completely eliminated. So that the ruling elite can have their way uncontested, as has been the tradition for thousands of years.

Freedom can be messy, but the feeble minded (OP) think they can have freedom without the mess...unbeknownst to them, resulting in serfdom.
Freedom to get shot isnt freedom.

Here I am in backward Britain and I am just off to the cinema. I will drive to the station catch a train, enjoy a beer watch a film and travel home the same way. I dont need a gun to do that.
That is freedom matey.

Most of us don't need guns.

However, if I ever need one....I want access to it.

Why is it acceptable ?

It isn't acceptable...but the democrats here refuse to do anything to stop it...they only care about minorities every 2 years when we have elections....since most of the gun violence occurs in democrat voting districts.....after generations of single, teenage mothers raising young males without fathers to teach them impulse control.....

The only way to stop gun violence....lock up gun offenders...here in the States most repeat gun offenders.....look at that term...repeat gun offenders....get less than 2 years in jail....they get out and end up shooting people....

In japan...they stopped gun violence by the Yakuza in 2 ways....they put 30 year sentences on gun crimes...and levy heavy fines on the organized crime bosses for the actions of their subordinates......

Here in the States...democrats will not increase the sentences for gun crimes because they will fall on black and hispanic gang members.....and because of this they are afraid it will be deemed racist...so they refuse to support locking up actual killers with guns because of the political fall out....

That is the truth...it has nothing to do with the actual guns...

Moron...
Well Moron, How do you lock up the gun offenders when you want everyone to conceal carry without a pewmit?

Why is it acceptable ?

The sliver of freedom Americans still have, is under assault and dipsticks like you want it completely eliminated. So that the ruling elite can have their way uncontested, as has been the tradition for thousands of years.

Freedom can be messy, but the feeble minded (OP) think they can have freedom without the mess...unbeknownst to them, resulting in serfdom.

Here I am in backward Britain and I am just off to the cinema. I will drive to the station catch a train, enjoy a beer watch a film and travel home the same way. I dont need a gun to do that.
That is freedom matey.
Yes it is. You clearly do not understand the concept of freedom...but you are not alone. Big government dupes are everywhere.

Spouted like a true American, brainwashed by the NRA to think that owing a gun is "freedom". It's not.

Freedom is not once ever in my entire 67 plus years, have I ever felt the NEED to own a gun. I have never felt threatened, endangered or frightened to the point where I needed that security.
You know nothing of history...but you do love big government.

I'm willing to bet that I know a hell of a lot more about history than you do. You've never demonstrated any knowledge of the topic whatsoever, and since you're a conservative, you lack the intellectual curiousity to be bothered to learn.

aw , the 'english / brits saw the utility of our guns demonstrated as our guns sent them back over the Atlantic to where they came from just a couple hundred years ago . tories all went to 'canada' and nowadays tory decendants get jobs on message boards .

Last edited:
anyway , we Americans have our guns but seriously this thread shows one of the hazards of allowing immigration into the USA . Give Tommy and Dragonlady and others of their 'ilk' the vote and political power and what do people think they would do to the RIGHTS of American Gun Owners eh ??

That is freedom matey.
Yes it is. You clearly do not understand the concept of freedom...but you are not alone. Big government dupes are everywhere.

Spouted like a true American, brainwashed by the NRA to think that owing a gun is "freedom". It's not.

Freedom is not once ever in my entire 67 plus years, have I ever felt the NEED to own a gun. I have never felt threatened, endangered or frightened to the point where I needed that security.
You know nothing of history...but you do love big government.

I'm willing to bet that I know a hell of a lot more about history than you do. You've never demonstrated any knowledge of the topic whatsoever, and since you're a conservative, you lack the intellectual curiousity to be bothered to learn.
I am willing to bet you nothing about history. If you think the gun grabbers are right, you clearly KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HISTORY.

You want only penalties after the crime, not actual crime prevention. Big difference. Especially for victims. But they don't matter to you. Good Grief.

No.....most criminals who commit murder with guns are caught several times with guns before they commit the murder.....if a felon is caught with an illegal gun, they should go to prison for 30 years...

If someone is caught committing rape, armed robbery with a gun...but hasn't killed anyone..yet...they should get 30 years for using the gun in the crime...

That is how you reduce gun crime........that is how the Japanese have done it...
Here's how Japan did it:

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths
In part by forbidding almost all forms of firearm ownership, the country has as few as two gun-related homicides a year.
How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths
Though it's worth considering another police state here: Tunisia, which had the lowest firearm-ownership rate in the world (one gun per thousand citizens, compared to America’s 890) when its people toppled a brutal, 24-year dictatorship and sparked the Arab Spring.

But how do you manage to do that when you dont own guns ?

/---- because the police force of 120,000 who joined the protests were armed. Hope that answered your question
The protests had been going on for months before the police got involved.
/---- We protested Obozocare and they just ignored us. So much for your theory.

Why is it acceptable ?
If one does any research it's a good bet that those deaths were at the hands of criminals with stolen or black market guns in their possession, while the law-abiding, legal gun owners aren't killing anyone.

Why is it acceptable ?

If it were Muslims who killed 44 people it would be reason to ban Muslims, but as it isn't, then it's not reason to do anything.

Yeah, and children?

They don't care about children. Morons like 2aguy pretend to care about fetuses but step over children killed by guns.

Incredibly, to fools like him, one person shot to death in another country means we should not even try save lives here. To him, an average of 30 gun deaths a day in the US means we need more guns and less training.

The lying, sneaking cowards don't even have the balls to wear their guns where others can see them. They want to endanger us all and don't want others to be able make the informed choice of getting away from these Mighty Mouse wannabes.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Yeah, well this guy went on my ignore list a long time ago. There are lots of people who have such inconsistencies on both sides. People who compartmentalize everything so they don't have to confront those inconsistencies.

17800234_10203182529800594_3206601766117330340_n.jpg

No.....most criminals who commit murder with guns are caught several times with guns before they commit the murder.....if a felon is caught with an illegal gun, they should go to prison for 30 years...

If someone is caught committing rape, armed robbery with a gun...but hasn't killed anyone..yet...they should get 30 years for using the gun in the crime...

That is how you reduce gun crime........that is how the Japanese have done it...
Here's how Japan did it:

A Land Without Guns: How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths
In part by forbidding almost all forms of firearm ownership, the country has as few as two gun-related homicides a year.
How Japan Has Virtually Eliminated Shooting Deaths
Though it's worth considering another police state here: Tunisia, which had the lowest firearm-ownership rate in the world (one gun per thousand citizens, compared to America’s 890) when its people toppled a brutal, 24-year dictatorship and sparked the Arab Spring.

But how do you manage to do that when you dont own guns ?

/---- because the police force of 120,000 who joined the protests were armed. Hope that answered your question
The protests had been going on for months before the police got involved.
/---- We protested Obozocare and they just ignored us. So much for your theory.
Looks like the GOP is ignoring you as well. :biggrin:

Why is it acceptable ?
American society is uniquely violent and confrontational, where violence is perceived as an appropriate means of conflict resolution – the reckless, unwarranted attack on Syria being the most recent example.

America’s propensity toward violence, its mistrust of preventive mental health detection and treatment, and the absence of an efficient healthcare delivery system are the most significant contributing factors to gun violence and death – not the number or availability of guns.

What isn’t acceptable is the unwillingness of most Americans to address the issue of violence and the lack of access to affordable, effective mental healthcare.
Its a bit depressing to hear the arguments in favour. There seems to be a desire not to engage in any debate whatsoever. I am convinced tat much of it is funded by the gun lobby. They seem to own the majority of politicians.
Is there any space where these issues can be discussed by adults ?

You don't have a dog in this fight. Shove a Cricket bat up your ass sideways.

You can keep your indoctrinated leftist opinions on your side of the pond, where you can't own guns at all because you're pussies.

There's a reason we drove the UK from this land.

Why is it acceptable ?
The NRA and all the hillbillies say so.

Most of those deaths weren't caused by NRA members or hillbillies. Most likely none of them. Most likeley they were commited by Hillary voters in cities like Chicago. The deeper issues are not about guns, its about violence
It's about why all these deaths are acceptable. I said the hillbillies and the NRA are standing in the way of meaningful gun reform. Meaning that to them, that amount of deaths in one day is acceptable to them.
Says who? You keep proselytizing your religious views thinking we will accept them as fact. How many abortions are acceptable to you?

Why is it acceptable ?

Most of those deaths weren't caused by NRA members or hillbillies. Most likely none of them. Most likeley they were commited by Hillary voters in cities like Chicago. The deeper issues are not about guns, its about violence
It's about why all these deaths are acceptable. I said the hillbillies and the NRA are standing in the way of meaningful gun reform. Meaning that to them, that amount of deaths in one day is acceptable to them.
Says who? You keep proselytizing your religious views thinking we will accept them as fact. How many abortions are acceptable to you?
I am agnostic. As for my views on abortion, go check out the thread on that topic.

Why is it acceptable ?

I am agnostic. As for my views on abortion, go check out the thread on that topic.
You won't answer because it proves you're a hypocrite. And a deeply religious one at that.

You won't answer because it proves you're a hypocrite. And a deeply religious one at that.
:lol:

Why is it acceptable ?

It isn't acceptable...but the democrats here refuse to do anything to stop it...they only care about minorities every 2 years when we have elections....since most of the gun violence occurs in democrat voting districts.....after generations of single, teenage mothers raising young males without fathers to teach them impulse control.....

The only way to stop gun violence....lock up gun offenders...here in the States most repeat gun offenders.....look at that term...repeat gun offenders....get less than 2 years in jail....they get out and end up shooting people....

In japan...they stopped gun violence by the Yakuza in 2 ways....they put 30 year sentences on gun crimes...and levy heavy fines on the organized crime bosses for the actions of their subordinates......

Here in the States...democrats will not increase the sentences for gun crimes because they will fall on black and hispanic gang members.....and because of this they are afraid it will be deemed racist...so they refuse to support locking up actual killers with guns because of the political fall out....

That is the truth...it has nothing to do with the actual guns...

Moron...

End of thread.

Shall we ban sharp and pointy things as well?
Just in your household.

Weren't you the one that just criticized another poster for an ad hominem attack? See post #173.
It's for your safety. You seem to think that knives are really dangerous.

Nice dodge. You criticized another for a logical fallacy. Now you criticize me with the same logical fallacy.

Another irony impaired lefty.
So you're the only one who can throw around personal insults. Got it.

Yep, irony impaired.

Get thee to a library. Look up logical fallacies. Try to avoid looking ignorant.

Why is it acceptable ?

Hey genius......name some "meaningful gun reform" and explain to us how it works to stop criminals...we need a good laugh today....
Ban bullets, there's no constitutional protection for bullets, just arms. Now go suck on a couple of musket balls. :biggrin:

Actually there is that protection. That's what 'well regulated' means.

Geez the ignorance around here is overwhelming.

Forum List

Back