Last manned moon mission was in Dec 1972

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Nobody thought it would it would be the last.

I had visions of 2001 A Space Oddesey 1968 - when travel from earth to moon would be routine. Colonies on the moon.

What a lemon the space program turned out to be.

I had visions of 2001 A Space Oddesey 1968 - when travel from earth to moon would be routine. Colonies on the moon.

Just putting aside the rumors that the moon landing may never have happened...I just heard that scientists have discovered liquid water on the moon, and I think that's pretty cool. If we ever decide to colonize the moon, there is already a source of hydrogen and oxygen, which, I assume, we could use solar power to extract. There may also be life in the water, as there is everywhere on the earth, which is pretty cool too.

Of course - the Soviets were way ahead of US in the1950s - put the first sattellite in space - S-putnick - put the first human in space - but we beat them to the moon - only footprints on lunar surface are by Americans - only flag is the Stars and Stripes

Watch the movie.

Earth to moon travel in 2001 is made out to be like from LA to New York.

I watch 2001 in 1968 - I watch the first orbiting of themoon on Christmas Eve in 1968, I watch thefirst mon landing in July 1969 - and in 2010 this is the space "program." ?

Space station with boring flights fixing solor panels?????????????????????????

In 2001 - there were colonies on the moon -and travel to and from earth to moon was routine....................................

Last edited:
The lack of follow-ups to the Appolo moon landings sort of gives credence to the entire faked-moon-landings by the conspiracy people.

Don't you think????

Yeah, OK, we faked the whole thing.

But how did we know no other country would ever go to the moon? After all, if someone else goes and doesn't find our abandoned lunar landers, flag, scientific experiments, the rover, and other stuff we left there it would be rather easy to make the U.S. the biggest liars in the history of mankind.

Conspiracy kooks should stick to the Kennedy assassination, 9/11, and whatnot.

The boring stuff like plumbing, electric and experiments on what astronauts an do in that environment are what make the exciting stuff happen.

The apollo 13 guys are probably grateful for all the nerds who sweated the small stuff.

Getting stuff from Earth to orbit is the hard part. Commuting to and from the moon will be pie after that.

What they are working on now is getting a funicular "space elevator" working. Once that happens, all kinds of cool things are possible. But you got to cross all the 'i's and dot all the 't's first.

René Anafoutra;2890703 said:

Just putting aside the rumors that the moon landing may never have happened...I just heard that scientists have discovered liquid water on the moon, and I think that's pretty cool. If we ever decide to colonize the moon, there is already a source of hydrogen and oxygen, which, I assume, we could use solar power to extract. There may also be life in the water, as there is everywhere on the earth, which is pretty cool too.

Liquid Water on the Moon?

And the center is made from soft gooey cheese, I have no doubt.

Tell me you're not a liberal.

René Anafoutra;2890703 said:

Liquid Water on the Moon?

And the center is made from soft gooey cheese, I have no doubt.

Tell me you're not a liberal.

Ice.

And enough to sustain a long term lunar base.

The moon could be made of solid gold and it would not be worth the cost of going there and bringing it back

The presence of frozen water, ice if you will, on the moon is huge news. Just imagine the costs of transporting tons of ice to the moon to keep the beer cold for the folks manning our lunar base. There is a God!

The problem with continued manned lunar exploration is "Been there done that"

Until NASA can explain specific benefits of continued exploration, why we need a full time presence on the moon and why unmanned probes cannot do the same mission they will not deserve the requested funding

The problem with continued manned lunar exploration is "Been there done that"

Until NASA can explain specific benefits of continued exploration, why we need a full time presence on the moon and why unmanned probes cannot do the same mission they will not deserve the requested funding

I don't think we have to worry that we're overfunding NASA anymore.

I never forgave Clinton and the Dems for canceling the Superconducting Super Collider.

Why do Dems hate science?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back